Jimmy Saville

jimufctna24

Opinion  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did any footage of his wrestling career ever come to light?

I only watched a few moments of that clip, but two things jumped out...

- He put on "the world's first disco" in the 1950s

- "At one time time he was the highest paid wrestler in the world."

These are fucking lofty claims aren't they?

Verne Gagne was famously earning six figures in the 1950s and 60s, so Saville must be talking shite there as well.

There had to be loads making more than Jimmy, surely?

The claim was that all but one of his matches sold out (and they said it was over a hundred events) but even then, we are talking about old UK venues, not baseball stadiums or football fields. There were big matches in the USA and Mexico back then that were drawing massive crowds.

• Paid Members

You're all over looking the time Big Jimmy drew 93,000 to Stoke town hall, when he tore every muscle in his body slamming Bomber Pat Roche and still did a charity walk the next day for a ICU unit in Newcastle, brother.

• Paid Members
You're all over looking the time Big Jimmy drew 93,000 to Stoke town hall, when he tore every muscle in his body slamming Bomber Pat Roche and still did a charity wank the next day for a ICU unit in Newcastle, brother.

Fixed. And not by Jimmy this time.

Who else do with think is allegedly part of this BBC Paedo ring then?

Glitter was obviously a member, as evidenced by Panorama last night, and I think some of the footage they edited in suggested some others, such as Freddie Starr.

Personally, the whole way through the Panorama thing I was looking at Paul Gambiccini and thinking "nonce".

Don't know about Paul Gambiccini. I read he was gay and was living with somebody.EDIT: Was right.

In June 2012, he became the civil partner of Christopher Sherwood following a ceremony in Oxfordshire.

Are you saying people who are gay or people living with someone/married can't be a nonce? Not that I'm saying Gambo was, of course. This came out at the start of the month. A good read.

Archived