Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

I dont really watch much stuff tnese days, but here I am with Extreme Rules on and I don't quite understand why Cesaro has some kind of weird bandages on his shoulder. Can anyone enlighten me on this please?

He hasn't long come back from shoulder surgery.

• Paid Members

I've been watching a bit more of the Network recently when I've had time. Something I keep noticing on programming from the 80's and 90's is the commentary. Most notably how, when compared to now, it wasn't just rose tinted spectacles and nostalgia. On any of the random shows and events I've watched this past month or so, the commentary could always be seen as an asset, or an enhancement to the show. These days it really does have a harmful affect on the product.

It's a tragedy that wrestlers aren't as charismatic as one of the most charismatic performers of all time? That's like saying it's pathetic that wrestlers can't even draw as much money as Floyd Mayweather.

Not exactly what I said, is it? I said that nobody is, not that everybody should be. 

You said it's a "tragedy" that there aren't any wrestlers as charismatic as him, which is a very stupid thing to say. It would be a tragedy if there were no wrestlers as charismatic as Jeremy Kyle. It's expected that there are no wrestlers as charismatic as probably the most charismatic showman in sports history, not a tragedy. It'd be a miracle if a wrestler was on his level.

Edited by King Pitcos

You said it's a "tragedy" that there aren't any wrestlers as charismatic as him, which is a very stupid thing to say. It would be a tragedy if there were no wrestlers as charismatic as Jeremy Kyle. It's expected that there are no wrestlers as charismatic as probably the most charismatic showman in sports history, not a tragedy. It'd be a miracle if a wrestler was on his level.

Stupid? I think you are reading into what I said way too much and taking it very wrong. Let me rephrase so you can untwist those nickers. It's a shame no wrestler has charisma even near his level.

Edited by simonworden

• Paid Members

I watched an episode of Thunder recently. It was the second episode of the show. 15th of January 1998. Here's what happened. The Giant is in the ring, he's setting up his match with Kevin Nash at Souled Out. To give the Giant an angle to show how hard he is, he beats up all of the Flock (sans Raven). Well this happens. He gives Van Hammer a big punch which knocks him into the first row. Van Hammer is now behind the barrier and Giant gorilla presses Billy Kidman over the top right into Hammer who takes a bump over the seats. Young kid with down syndrome is just behind Van Hammer as he falls back in the seats. The chairs are on the kid and his mothers knees. Could have seriously injured them. Take the young disabled boy out of it for a minute. Kidman's knees and feet just missed a woman who was standing out of the way of Van Hammer. WCW were just mental. Its no wonder they were still settling lawsuits long after they were bought out by WWF.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators

Is that the one where he just starting ripping the ring apart at the the end of the show as he'd seen his arse with Hall and Nash, or was that the next week? I remember it being mid-late January.

How no-one ever made real money out of Paul Wight is the biggest tragedy in wrestling history.

As regards the lawsuit culture though, I think corporate culture filtered the higher echelons, but they still remained a "rasslin" company at heart. And never the twain shall meet. So Cruisers would wipe out half a crowd, Scott Steiner would run people over in his car, Hogan and Savage could get pissed before Nitro, and Dave Taylor could call the crowd pooves on Worldwide walking down the aisle, and EZ-E would have to fall on the sword for it, when the money wasn't good.

Edited by PowerButchi