Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Didn't know where to ask 

I have a massive poster from Nottingham arena from the 2011 TNA Tour with Sting on it

Not looking at selling just out of interest

Anyone know if this has a value?

Nah, not much. Prob between £800-£900 with no sig.

Didn't know where to ask 

I have a massive poster from Nottingham arena from the 2011 TNA Tour with Sting on it

£900 isn't much?? Am I missing something? Is it a magic poster?

• Paid Members

What the hell was up with that Battle Royal on (Challenge? Superstars?) which was just the Rock vs a bunch of jobbers?

This must have been a month or so before he won the belt. I can't imagine something like that being booked nowadays.  

It was Shotgun. It was taped on the same night as the 14th September 1998 Raw in front of a MENTAL crowd at San Jose who also went fucking insane when Rock pinned Kane (which at the time was still a big deal which only Undertaker and Austin had managed on TV). It was one night after (IIRC) the Heat (back when stuff still happened on Heat) aired where Rocky ostensibly turned babyface by telling Taker and Kane he was going to kick both their heads in.

The battle royal likely existed purely to reinforce to the TV viewers that "Look! Rocky is a good guy now!" Fucking worked for me, I still have a tape which has the Kane match and that battle royal on it. Hilarious listening to Michael Cole say he thinks "DOA" is going to win (because he doesn't know whether it's 8-Ball or Skull) and Kevin Kelly reply "I like Dennis Knight's chances myself" when it's down to the two of them and The Rock. JAPES!

• Paid Members

Didn't know where to ask 

£900 isn't much?? Am I missing something? Is it a magic poster?

I'm taking the piss. It's probably worth £2.

I've got some money to blow and no random crap in my flat. Where would be a decent place to get a fancy replica belt from? Wanted one when I was 14, and I seem to have accomplished everything else I wanted to when I was that age so I might as well just get one now

I'll be getting some music related prints/posters for my walls. Got a vintage sex pistols tour poster, looking at some signed Tim Armstrong prints etc. The replica belt is going to be my one novelty wrestling thing.

If anyone ever sees me holding it at a show, you have full permission to punch me as hard as you can in the balls