Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Sprules and Tyler in the same list as Mysterio and Regal, with a mention to Staniforth too...

Capture.png

Obviously at the time, Cena was a nobody. Can't seriously imagine Cena playing much EWR on the road these days but I do love the idea of him booking Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere for the straps before slipping out to do a quick couple of Make a Wishes.

Might have to go watch the Big'un from Wigan before bedtime now... right after I sign up Austin Lee and Spiffy for developmental.
Edited by aaron

Watching that episode of Livewire where they got all THIS IS A SHOOT, BROTHER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_SaLDT6H3U

Russo to Hayes is great. " You went on a little past your prime. Nobody was paying to see you anymore when you were 48, 49 years old."

"I'm 37 now!" And he was.

Near the start of this, they were touting Perfect as making an in-ring comeback.  In '96?  This didn't happen, surely.

• Paid Members

Near the start of this, they were touting Perfect as making an in-ring comeback.  In '96?  This didn't happen, surely.

They set up a feud with Triple H but Perfect jumped to WCW.

It was a swerve and he became HHH's manager.

I still thought that was with a view to him coming back. Or did he go South because they didn't want him to? Edited by tiger_rick

It was a swerve and he became HHH's manager.

Yeah it was on RAW in the October. Perfect was supposed to take on HHH, but he said he had a knee injury (or was it a back injury). He came out with Marc Mero who said he sub for Perfect and put the Intercontinental title on the line, no sure why as he didn't have to but in suppose he was the fighting champion and all. Anyway, he shouldn't have done Perfect turned and help HHH win the title. It was a plan all along.

And then he fucked off to WCW and HHH got stuck with Mr Hughes for a bit and then Chyna came along just before Wrestlemania

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything good about Curtis Hughes tbh, but am slowly working my way through WWF Wrestling Challenge episodes from 1993 (I purposely chose Challenge over Superstars because of the Jim Ross/Heenan broadcast combo).

I'm really enjoying Mr Hughes' squash matches and he had a pretty good look. His character certainly should have worked in that time period.

WWE-WWF_King-of-the-Ring-1993_Mr-Hughes.

Edited by garynysmon

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say anything good about Curtis Hughes tbh, but am slowly working my way through WWF Wrestling Challenge episodes from 1993 (I purposely chose Challenge over Superstars because of the Jim Ross/Heenan broadcast combo).

I'm really enjoying Mr Hughes' squash matches and he had a pretty good look. His character certainly should have worked in that time period.

WWE-WWF_King-of-the-Ring-1993_Mr-Hughes.

im 93 he definitely got tagged into to the 'unorthodoxly sized, undertaker fodder' category. And considering there was already Gonzalez also there (also managed by Harvey Wippleman) he got edged out.