Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

You don't need a TV license to listen to the radio.

I've got a mate who complains about the TV license and says the BBC should be funded by ad revenue. But he also complains about every single advert and the tripe that's broadcast on ITV. His mother has to smack his legs and put him to bed in the end.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

Less than 50p a day, per house? Not good value? Jeez!

At the end of the day, It's 12 quid a month I wouldn't spend on the BBC if it was a set of premium channels. You can knock the measurement down per minute and I'm sure it's about 0.03p but as good as that sounds, it's still not good value when I only watch it once a year when they throw a Grado documentary or something on the Iplayer.

I'm not particularly militant about it though and I understand if you watch it more you'll disagree. Even I think the Iplayer rule is daft, but that's the law we have and I won't be paying if I don't have to.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

Yeah I find it hard to agree with any argument that the BBC is good value for money these days when they waste huge amounts of licence payers money on utter wank like this:

EDIT: Maybe this should be a separate thread on off topic.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Haha. To bring it back on a wrestling topic, my main worry about the Network being on broadcast TV here is the problems it will create for people like myself and truthofsin:

You need to be covered by a licence if you watch TV online at the same time as it's being broadcast on conventional TV in the UK or the Channel Islands

Technically, at that point, if we watched the live stream online, we'd need a TV Licence. Although currently I do wonder if I'm watching Hell In A Cell on the US network feed and it's on Sky Box Office -whether that currently counts. Edited by Benno

Haha. To bring it back on a wrestling topic, my main worry about the Network being on broadcast TV here is the problems it will create for people like myself and truthofsin:

You need to be covered by a licence if you watch TV online at the same time as it's being broadcast on conventional TV in the UK or the Channel Islands

Technically, at that point, if we watched the live stream online, we'd need a TV Licence. Although currently I do wonder if I'm watching Hell In A Cell on the US network feed and it's on Sky Box Office -whether that currently counts.

It's a grey area for sure and i'm sure an argument could be made for bothe needing and not needing a licence in this case. I mean if you're watching a show live which is broadcasting live on another stream in the UK. Does watching the non-UK stream really get around the law? Also, where do things stand if you start watching the PPV stream from the begining 10 mins after it started? You are not watching it live, so what's the score there given it's still the same stream?

For what it's worth i never watch the live WWE Network stream. And i watch the PPVs on the Monday, as it avoids a late night and i can easily avoid spoilers for those few hours due to being asleep. I woke up at 4am to watch to watch the last few. So pretty much as soon as they finish i watch. Much like i watch any BBC shows after they have finished airing and pop up on iPlayer.

The law is likely to change at some stage, as more and more people are discovering the fact you do not need a licence to have a wide range of programming at your disposal. But for now it's a good chunk of money saved. Between Hulu Plus, all the versions of Netflix, iPlayer, 4OD etc.. There isn't a lot i don't have access too. And those i don't i buy in disc form.

Yeah I find it hard to agree with any argument that the BBC is good value for money these days when they waste huge amounts of licence payers money on utter wank like this:

Whose the gimp at 1:28 who can't even seem to 'la la la' in tune?

My wife's thick sister does it again:

Sister: Oh I love this song. (Brian Wilson appears) whose that old bloke on the piano

Me: That's Brian Wilson

Sister: whose he

Me: from The Beach Boys

Sister: who are they?

Me: the band that wrote this song you love do much

Sister: never heard of them, they can't be that good

Whose the gimp at 1:28 who can't even seem to 'la la la' in tune?

It's Jake Bugg. He's the latest 'talented yoof', 20yrs old and already working on his third album. Not my cup of tea, but he gets points simply for not being Chris Martin.