Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Perfectly aware, I rarely watch the livefeed but I'm sure there are a lot who do watch it and was simply making the point of how lazy they were being by putting the same show on three times in a row.

All these promises of original content and spending a ridiculous amount of money on it ($75m some have predicted) and nearly half of the day is taken up by one program over and over

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Ā 

Are you guys aware you can watch anything you want at any time? It's not just a live feed. It's VOD.

Ā 

Really? I had no idea, thanks for the heads up.

Ā 

No problem - now you don't have to watch the same PPV 3 times in a row, like you were being forced to do.

• Paid Members

Everyone is aware that everything is available on demand. That doesn't excuse them for their shitty programming of the live feed. Sometimes you don't want to search through a bunch of menus. Often times you can spend half an hour trying to find something you want to watch before just giving up. Every now and then you just want to put the live feed on either as background viewing or on the off chance you'll see something you'd never think of searching for. Plus, let's not forget, the live feed is the main part of the Network in Canada! Imagine paying for this shit as the primary product? Fucking hell.

Ā 

Their live feed is an opportunity to do something really cool, as an extra, showing stuff people may otherwise not know about, or just having interesting themes or angles to give people a new reason to watch stuff. The greatest Attitude Era pay per views every Sunday night. Make Wednesday evenings a forgotten classics night. Or just have one day a week where you show a four episode run of RAW, followed by the Wrestlemania it built towards. Just anything that gives people an extra hook. I know I'd use the Network more if they did something like this. I mean, just look at the amount of cancellations they get. I'm not saying their lazy programming of the live feed is a particularly large contributing factor, but it wouldn't hurt to actually put a bit of effort in. It wouldn't exactly take much work to improve upon how they currently schedule it. In its current form it may as well not even exist, bar the three hours a month when the new pay per view is on.

• Paid Members

From everything I've read and heard so far, it does appear that WWE are putting far more effort into ramming their '9.99' promotional push down fan's throats than they are in improving the actual content on the Network, which is very disappointing. At this point I am still on the fence about subscribing when it becomes available over here, but leaning more and more towards not bothering.

From everything I've read and heard so far, it does appear that WWE are putting far more effort into ramming their '9.99' promotional push down fan's throats than they are in improving the actual content on the Network, which is very disappointing. At this point I am still on the fence about subscribing when it becomes available over here, but leaning more and more towards not bothering.

It's this month's PPV, every PPV ever, and the odd bit of documentaries and whatever for $9.99. It becomes a false economy for them to spend millions on new shows, because the number of people who don't want to pay $9.99 for what it currently offers but do want to pay $9.99 if it's got another ten million dollar's worth of content is most likely considerably less than ten million dollar's worth of people.

Ā 

If they add a new ten-episode reality series called You Want the Max Moon on a Stick and it costs two hundred thousand dollars an episode, that show needs to add about thirty three thousand people who subscribe for six months to justify its own cost. And it's not going to do that.

Ā 

For a wrestling fan who isn't a thieving pirate bell-end, $9.99 for what it's offering is as good as it gets. I'm probably cancelling it when my renewal's up next week, though, because it's not my fault if McDevitt can't get the Firstrowsportz streams shut down. And everything on the network ends up on the torrent sites anyway. I'll resubscribe around Royal Rumble time, or the day of Night of Champions.

Ā 

Ā 

Might be wrong as I don't have the Network but is it not NOC's 2010, 11, 12 and the EPG is wrong? If it really is three NOC 2010's in a row then that's inexcusable.

I think the schedule is separated into hours, so it's not that it's on 3 times in a row, it's three hours of the show.
No, it was the same show 3 times. I don't know if it differs depending what device your watching on, but the PS3 version just lists the start time in the schedule and they were 11:00am, 2:00pm and 5:00pm.

Ā 

Supermo's post hit it on the head. With the amount of old RAW they have on there already, they could have a months worth back to back and then show the PPV that it all lead to on a particular weeknight. If you did it with Attitude era stuff, it would great on a Saturday night with the lads and some beers. You could do the same with Nitro when that gets added. There's all of that WCCW and ECW TV that hasn't been added to for ages.

I'm not meaning to sound like a fanboy who though they should have every second of the archive on there, but if they want the network to be any modicum of success, they need to put the effort in, and that includes the livefeed. If your going to have it, make it worth it being there

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Awards Moderator

Things I Like About The New Logo

6D2C316.png

The slope of the 'W' fits nicely against the 'R' of Raw.

Ā 

Things I Dislike About The New Logo

4FcL1ze.jpg

The red swoosh should be visible behind the second point of the 'W'.

Edited by Onyx2

I've been reading some on places about Roman Reigns (already!!) getting backlash for being the next 'John Cena' or the top guy, It does make you wonder if some fans actually want new guys at the top, I dont think he's being pushed thatĀ hard he's taking beating and comes back fighting which is what a badass face like him should do. they've only been on tv less than 2years why rush to put the title on them when fans could get bored of them

Ā 

I know people think Rollins and Ambrose should also be wwe champion, they will but cant at the same time and they're all in there late 20's so still have years ahead of them and done a great job with all 3 so far.

Ā 

I mentioned in Raw thread that they'll be like Austin, Rock, Triple H in there prime always mixing and having great matches and changing dynamics to keep it interestingĀ