Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

A decent one would be Red Bull Arena in New Jersey, but obviously only Summerslam would be feasible there. I watched the USA game the night before and it looked really impressive to be fair.

arena_image_620x350.jpg

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

There are a few issues with doing smaller outdoor shows, which is probably why WWE don't do more. For one, WWE don't want to appear small time, so instead of going to some Triple A ballpark or MLS stadium they would much rather run the Staples Center, as it's a great location and a famous modern stadium.

Maybe WWE are conscious about diluting the special look/feeling of a 'Mania show, by doing a couple more cheaper looking versions of it.

Also, most agree that an outdoor setting isn't the best for a wrestling match, as it doesn't hold the noise. I remember Cena saying that he's not a fan of the stadiums, because it's harder to listen to the crowd and to get a gauge on how the match is going. Be interesting to see how that sounds with 20/30,000 rather than the 70,000+ you get for 'Mania.

• Paid Members

Seeing that the first PPV I watched live was Wrestlemania 9, I've always had a soft spot for outdoor shows. I remember how drab the following week's WWF Superstars looked compared to Wrestlemania.

WCW were much better than the WWF in that regard when I was a kid. Bash at the Beach taking place on an actual beach was so cool when I was 10 years old.

Edited by garynysmon

The WWE should hold the other big 3 PPVs (or at least Summerslam and the Rumble) at stadiums. Not WM sized stadiums but like 25-30k stadiums.

Those stadiums would have to exist.

Most clubs in the MLS have stadiums of that size.

I'd love it if WWE hired Gallows and Domino as a tag team, and had them play something similar to the APA... Big hard bastards who like to have a laugh. I think they could have a cracking feud with Harper and Rowan.

I'd like Miz and Morrison back together as a team there as well, because Miz is finished as a singles and Morrison's got no chance on his own either. So I'd like the tag division to be: Usos, Harper & Rowan, Gallows & Domino, Miz & Morrison, Matadores, 3MB. Maybe keep Rybaxel together as well, and throw in Kidd & Gabriel or Kofi & Ziggler, something like that.

• Paid Members

I really miss Scott Steiner being on my TV every week. Yesterday at work I tried to cheer myself up and of course the best way to do so is to seek out some of Steiner's highlights. His TNA run is filled with great moments, whether that be some great comedy with all sorts or hard hitting battles with the likes of Samoa Joe.

I really hope he turns up in GFW. I'd personally hammer out and sell my Gran's gold tooth for an extended Steiner v Bad Influence feud.

Edited by ColinBollocks

I really miss Scott Steiner being on my TV every week. Yesterday at work I tried to cheer myself up and of course the best way to do so is to seek out some of Steiner's highlights. His TNA run is filled with great moments, whether that be some great comedy with all sorts or hard hitting battles with the likes of Samoa Joe.

I really hope he turns up in GFW. I'd personally hammer out and sell my Gran's gold tooth for an extended Steiner v Bad Influence feud.

Man after my own heart. Although, he was pretty burnt out by the end of his TNA run, and his chest had inverted so he had, like, minus pecs. Still and all, he's a hugely entertaining guy and gives a show that "anything could happen" feel.