Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

They needed to try something completely different. But they never.

It was something different when the made Hawk an alky and have him "fall" from the titantron. That sucked. But that was never gonna work to be fair. Something decent might have.

Didn't they have a good match on Raw only a few months before Hawk died? There were rumours that they'd get another run at the time.

• Paid Members
After SummerSlam 92, they seemed like a pair of old relics in every run they had. Savage and Hogan updated their look in that era and switched to playing heels. Road Warriors should have tried the same thing. They should have joined the Corporation and sold a bit. I dont even think Hawk wanted to wear the crash helmets because he was so stuck in the old LOD way. They needed to try something completely different. But they never. Its amazing how they weren't any use to anyone by 1999. WCW didn't even want them back and they were desperate by then. A massive fall from grace.

I've never really thought about it but, you're spot on. Their main value for a decade was that they were respected legends who would get a good reaction if they were brought in as a surprise. They definitely had an inflated sense of their own worth as well. They could've made a fortune in WCW during the NWO days if they hadn't insisted that they be paid more than everybody but Hogan.

• Paid Members

Move this to Classifieds if it's more appropriate, but:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/indeedwrestli...o-w-john-lister

Wrestlenomics Radio returns with an EXTREME episode talking about the legacy of ECW with author John Lister (Turning the Tables: The Story of Extreme Championship Wrestling). We'll discuss the impact and legacy of ECW in the 1990s along with the WWE revival in the mid-2000s. We'll touch on Heyman's debt, whether the company could have succeeded in another era and other hidden gems. We discuss John's articles in Fighting Spirit Magazine about British wrestling history, his new blog about pro wrestling book (prowrestlingbooks.com) and his assessment of the challenges involved with launching and growing the WWE Network in the UK. It's a terrific show with a knowledge and superb guest!

I was bored and curious (oh how that combination has gotten me into so much trouble throughout my life!) and decided to have a browse on the various wrestling news and rumour sites. I admittedly have not been keeping up with the daily goings on in the business as regularly as before. Anyway, was interested to find out what had become of Double J's new Global Force Wrestling promotion I heard so much about after Wrestlemania. Read the following interview where he gives a rather vague reason for leaving TNA and then confirms he's still a part owner.

Decision to leave TNA/Formation of GFW: At the very end, I knew it was time to move on. I

• Paid Members
Now maybe having too many of my formative years being spent watching television written by Vince Russo has turned me into some sort of conspiracy theorist constantly looking for the next swerve but has anyone else thought that maybe this whole thing is one big worked shoot? Think about it. Jarrett leaves the promotion he built out of the blue with no major fallout and no "no compete" clauses to sign. He retains part ownership and supposedly takes a big time potential investor (Toby Keith) away from TNA with him. Many of the main faces leave TNA and are linked with his new startup, meanwhile TNA all of a sudden are no longer for sale or looking investors, cut costs to the bone...

Imagine if this was all planned, some sort of mock promotion war. Maybe TNA will look to build TNA with new faces at minimal expenditure, whilst GFW build initially around some of those same faces that built TNA (under much cheaper deals) along with new independent talent. GFW gets TV and the war begins for the number 2 spot, eventually one invades another providing a huge shock tv moment and an interpromotional war complete with dream matches not to mention storylines around the history many of the talents in GFW had with TNA etc.

:duh: yeah so anyway, the title says RANDOM thoughts, this came to me, thought i'd share. I think it would be mighty interesting, if unlikely but maybe I've finally gone mental. :laugh:

Think of all those dream matches we've never seen before. Jeff Jarrett vs Kurt Angle. AJ Styles vs. Bully Ray. Christopher Daniels vs Eric Young. Karen and Velvet Sky dueling on the mic. Fucking hell, the playground would be split for those belters.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Think of all those dream matches we've never seen before. Jeff Jarrett vs Kurt Angle. AJ Styles vs. Bully Ray. Christopher Daniels vs Eric Young. Karen and Velvet Sky dueling on the mic. Fucking hell, the playground would be split for those belters.

:laugh: i really didn't think it through! In all seriousness though, I'd be more than happy to see Jarrett vs Angle again if we got Double J MMA back though!