Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Ice Train was MI Smooth in 2000. Lost an I Quit match by speaking into the microphone and demanding Norman Smiley say "I Quit", and little did he know ...

2000 WCW in a nutshell. I used to watch the 5 hour Nitro/Thunder block all fucking night when I was 15. Such a sad life. Everyone else was out shagging and smoking dope, and here's me seeing if Tank Abbott will join the New Blood.

What about me? New Years even 1999, the very definition of once in a lifetime... I'm of legal drinking age, and what am I doing... watching some nonsense with the nWo 2000... I think it might have been when Steiner fake retired...

Fantastic. Well, be sure to let us know more of your tits/arse ratio wrestler observations when you happen across them, won't you?

Certainly will. Keep an eye out for Big E. Most people praise his wonderful tits, but tend to overlook his fabulous bum.

WWE's next major move must be opening up a museum. I dream of being inside a WWE museum like most men dream of being inside Kelly Brook.

EDIT - They should have glory holes where you put your hand through a hole in a wall and stroke a random object. "Is it a canvas from a Wrestlemania ring? Oh, no. That's definitely a steel chair they used at the 1999 Royal Rumble!"

Edited by Undefeated Steak

• Paid Members

If you can get your paws on it, there's a cracking Iron Sheik documentary just released. Wonderfully done. Showed both sides of him. The comedy nutter and the man behind it. Its quite heartbreaking during the parts about his deceased daughter. We get to meet his wife, his grandchildren, his real life manager (not that shit head booking agent who shows up on his shoot interviews) and there are talking heads from Mick Foley, Hulk Hogan, Jake Roberts and The Rock (of all people!). Great documentary. You really start to like him. Its terrifying watching him walk. His ankles are Jannetty'd. There's one bit when his manager mentions his ankles and Sheik says "dont mention it, please dont remind me". Nasty stuff.

From that paylist.. I'm amazed Flair is on such small money in comparison to the other top stars. They really didn't value him, did they?

• Paid Members
I love that the Paypal receipt says "Iranian Legend Productions."

Better watch you don't get your door booted down at 4am by MI5 for that.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Considering he was a big (ish) name jumping from WWE to WCW, I would have assumed Jarrett would have been on much more dough than what he was. He really fucked up his negotiations. Dustin Rhodes managed to bag himself a half mill contract, but Double J only got himself half of that. Considering the PPVs and dates he worked, they got some good "value" from Jarrett, compared to most (half a mill for 11 PPVs and 90 odd shows).

Was the "additional event fees" something all the wrestlers had? Would add a significant amount more to what they were paid (Im sure the PPV bonuses would be significantly higher than $7.5k for the elite guys). Surely it cant be for everyone, though, as I assume this bonus is the reason why Jarrett got such a low contract compared to the likes of Shane Douglas and Mike Awesome who signed around the same time.

Those lists always fascinate me. At what point did someone suggest Alex Wright warranted a $400k contract, and who approved it? Jerry Flynn and the Villano's were on better deals than most of the New Blood, as well.

• Paid Members
Considering he was a big (ish) name jumping from WWE to WCW, I would have assumed Jarrett would have been on much more dough than what he was. He really fucked up his negotiations. Dustin Rhodes managed to bag himself a half mill contract, but Double J only got himself half of that. Considering the PPVs and dates he worked, they got some good "value" from Jarrett, compared to most (half a mill for 11 PPVs and 90 odd shows).

Was the "additional event fees" something all the wrestlers had? Would add a significant amount more to what they were paid (Im sure the PPV bonuses would be significantly higher than $7.5k for the elite guys). Surely it cant be for everyone, though, as I assume this bonus is the reason why Jarrett got such a low contract compared to the likes of Shane Douglas and Mike Awesome who signed around the same time.

Yeah that stood out for me too. I know Jarrett went to WCW for the opportunity rather than the money but it's still a really low amount. The best comparison is Mike Awesome. WCW had obviously got serious about saving money but Awesome came in a few months later and his downside was more than what Jarrett would get after three years.

How the hell Sid or Rick Steiner ever had enough leverage to get

• Paid Members

Well, Jarrett signed post Bischoff. Russo wasn't the Vice President of WCW, so the new Prez was in charge of the money and obviously not everyone is a mad with handing out money to his pals like Bischoff is. And Bischoff was fired because Turner's people wanted someone that wasn't going to lose $60 million a year. So that seems about right for the time period. And not forgetting Jarrett just got a $250,000 pay out from Vince, so he'd have made a shit load of money from mid-99 to mid-2000. Jarrett left more for the push WWF were never going to give him than the money.

Mike Awesome was a Bischoff deal. The first signing in April 2000 when he returned to the company. He must have really sold the Time Warner brass on the idea that taking the ECW champion was going to turn the ship around, brother. I remember when Bischoff left WCW a few months later, Awesome seemed to be getting punished for his salary with the gimmicks they gave him.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay