Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

My memory from that period is sketchy, as I didn't have Sky from July 99 until April 2000......did Thrasher just randomly show up, or had he been around on TV as a solo wrestler at that point? (I know he was doing dark matches, but can't remember him being on TV at all in between the Headbangers runs)

• Paid Members

Believe he just randomly showed up. He was supposed to have been turned into some heel Doink like character, according to Meltzer, but that didn't happen.

One that played Chaz's girlfriend unfortunately died of breast cancer years back.

ADDED: Thrasher had been around for ages in the WWF. Glen Ruth pops up as a jobber from around 1992. He even appeared in that massive 40 man Battle Royale they had on a WWF video release.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Moderators

Fads pass, seasons come and go, and months become years. But Janice is still the most stupid weapon ever.

Also, for no raeson I just remembered I really fucking hate Edge. Overrated tosser in his cheap as fuck leggings. I really don't miss him.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

It's definitely the stupidest, most inexplicably frequently-used weapon there's ever been. But the absolute stupidest ever (and thankfully even TNA realised just how awful it was) was Black Reign's "Darkness Falls" spike, which, of course, he only ever used the handle of. In conjunction with his pet mouse that apparently everyone was terrified he'd put on their face, to the point where they just couldn't move.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

More strange places where you hear wrestler's themes. In the middle of the film "Creepshow 2", Lex Luger's 1989 - 1992 WCW theme blares in the background. Bit odd. It's use in the film must have been before Luger actually used it. Film was made in 1987.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

I still think TNA missed a trick with "Gunner & Kash". Great little tag team, great name, and they looked like big/small versions of each other. Plus Kash is a great heat magnet and has a lot of experience, so Gunner would've benefited from that and been able to iron out any creases in his game (which, to be fair, aren't that many).

The Gun-Rack is a great finish, too. Can't believe it's taken someone so long since Luger to use it.

• Paid Members
Fads pass, seasons come and go, and months become years. But Janice is still the most stupid weapon ever.

Also, for no raeson I just remembered I really fucking hate Edge. Overrated tosser in his cheap as fuck leggings. I really don't miss him.

Overexposed midcarder at best.

I'd take a heel Edge at the top of the card having a centuries-long feud with Cena over Randy Orton doing the same. Edge was far, far more entertaining as a top-flight heel than Randy has ever been. In fact, I'd put Orton more in the overexposed midcarder category than Edge. Edge was a crappy top line face - really boring, but a cracking shit-bag heel.

Plus he got a "Batista-returns" level viewership rise just for threatening to pork Lita live on RAW. I bet that heart-shaped bed and some plastic sheets cost less than hiring Big Dave too.

Its weird, as I didn't really like Edge all that much at the time of his big run towards the top of the card, but looking back he was great fun as a baddie. The destruction of Matt Hardy, the super fun (but too brief) Flair feud with the TLC match, the Elimination Chamber cash-in, the many great matches with Cena.