Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

I was listening to the Steve Austin podcast with Wade Keller yesterday, when he commented that he like Renee Young's style of interview. He reckoned she should do interviews with superstars in the ring. Low and behold she has done this on both Raw and Smackdown this week and on Smackdown last week. Coincidence??

Probably. WWE have done the postmatch in-ring interview on and off for years. They do it for a bit then it goes away again.

Got to say i do like Renee Young though, she comes across very professional and organised and doesn't sound like she is just reading from a script in a robotic tone

Renee Young is the best interviewer ever, and probably the best ever female talent in WWE. She's adorable.

It's not been weird or obsessive though, people have clearly explained why they don't like the angle or the way Triple H and Stephanie have been portrayed throughout it.

There are a good few people who obsessively hate pretty much anything that Triple H or Stephanie do, particularly Steph. Loads of people have had their 2003 hats on since SummerSlam as well, which is always delicious to see.

Edited by King Pitcos

It's not been weird or obsessive though, people have clearly explained why they don't like the angle or the way Triple H and Stephanie have been portrayed throughout it.

There are a good few people who obsessively hate pretty much anything that Triple H or Stephanie do, particularly Steph. Loads of people have had their 2003 hats on since SummerSlam as well, which is always delicious to see.

The problem with Triple H and Stephanie is that they seem to take themselves and their image too seriously. If they were willing to send themselves up a bit more there'd be a lot less criticism of them. I remember when CM Punk come back with his "Cult of Personality" theme a couple of years ago and Triple H had to get in the fact that he was responsible for Punk having his new theme. It was his way of trying to look cool, but he made Punk look like a tool and himself a bit of a dick for it. At times it seems like Steph tries a bit too hard to prove that she's a powerful business woman, kind of like an Apprentice also-ran. I'm a fan of them both when they're on, but they need to make their characters a little less "cool" and show more frustration at things not going their way all the time. They don't always have to let whoever they have an issue with have the upperhand all the time, just showing that characters are getting under their skin would suffice.

I love Triple H. He's in my Top 5 of all time. Yet I still hate pretty much everything he's done since Summerslam too. Not just the Triple H haters that aren't fans of the current storyline.

Renee Young is the best interviewer ever, and probably the best ever female talent in WWE. She's adorable.

Not so much on here I don't think but yeah you're right there are still people out there who crap on everything Triple H does. I think this authority angle is crap but he's obviously done some quality stuff down the years and it can be amusing watching people turn it into Triple h being evil.

I'll admit though I have hated everything Stephanie has done on screen since the days of the Mcmahon Helmsley regime. Or at the very least I don't think it's been any good. She is just terrible.

EDIT she took a good stunner at the Raw homecoming in 2005. I'll give her that.

Edited by digforvictory

I love Triple H. He's in my Top 5 of all time. Yet I still hate pretty much everything he's done since Summerslam too. Not just the Triple H haters that aren't fans of the current storyline.

Yeah I'm a huge Triple H fan too. He's been a big part of some of my favourite wrestling moments. That doesn't mean I'm not capable of seeing his faults though. I was fully behind them re-doing the Corporation angle with Triple H as Vince, I just don't think they've done a very good job.

Yeah I'm a huge Triple H fan too. He's been a big part of some of my favourite wrestling moments. That doesn't mean I'm not capable of seeing his faults though. I was fully behind them re-doing the Corporation angle with Triple H as Vince, I just don't think they've done a very good job.

No! People who don't like the current angle all obsessively hate Triple H and live in 2003 and, what's more, Pitcos is the only one clever and irreverent enough to both recognize and lampoon their hysterical bleatings. Haven't you guys seen his sig and avatar!?

Not a fan of HHH and haven't been for years. He has had some great matches though, most noticibly the Taker ones from recent years. Outside of that though, i'm struggling to remember anything else thats interested me since he won the tag belts with HBK. Really wound me up with that stupid online voting a few months back for the best tag team ever and they voted for DX. Not their fault what the people voted, but they shouldn't have even been included. I'm sure HHH didn't even know anything about it, but he's always forced down our throats as more of a legend than he actually is, imo.

• Paid Members
That reminds me, Lister, so I'll ask here instead of the questions thread: Why did the wrestling at Blackpool Pleasure Beach stop?

Checked this one with Regal. He said Bobby Barron (the promoter died.) Gil Singh took it over but stopped because the rent went up too much. It looks like he might have then run it at the Winter Gardens for a while.

Anyone watched Triple H's Thy Kingdom Come DVD? I watched the documentary on Youtube a few weeks ago, and it really gave me a new appreciation for the guy. I've been quite neutral on him for years, thinking he's pretty good, but not necessarily one of the greats as his title history suggests. The doco does a fantastic job of showing his passion for the business and the struggles he experienced getting to his current position, including looking at the transition from full time wrestler to corporate worker. Highly recommended watch.

No! People who don't like the current angle all obsessively hate Triple H and live in 2003 and, what's more, Pitcos is the only one clever and irreverent enough to both recognize and lampoon their hysterical bleatings. Haven't you guys seen his sig and avatar!?

Oops, I appear to have gotten a rise out of you.