Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I've just realized, they haven't included Mania X. Is that not in with a shout on the "two brilliant matches" front? That's one more than Mania III. OK, I'm being cynical.

I've seen the amazing Cena/Punk match from that show, but unsure if I've seen the rest.

You want to. Orton/Christian and both ladder matches are superb, and Chicago is hot for everything, not just Punk.

although Royal Rumble is tremendous it's always suffered for me from the actual Rumble itself being pretty rubbish.

Amazing considering how lauded the roster of that period is, that the winner of the Rumble was so fucking obvious, it made the whole thing seem utterly pointless. Rock's line demeaning the field by mentioning Crash Holly and Headbanger Mosh wasn't that far from the mark. There was no chance of even Show, Kane or X-Pac winning it over Rock and short of the possibility of Taker coming back, I didn't know anyone that thought Rock wasn't a shoe-in. 30 wrestlers, 50 minutes, zero suspense.

Edited by air_raid

Mania X is in the honourable mentions, I'm reading the article now. But maybe that section should be taken with a grain of salt...

Bad Blood 2004

Although its rollicking undercard included a fun Intercontinental Title duel between Randy Orton and Shelton Benjamin, Bad Blood 2004 is chiefly remembered for hosting perhaps the best Hell in a Cell Match ever, Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H.

What?!? Even 14 year old Shane knew that marathon sucked donkey's balls.

• Paid Members

How's this for plagiarism:

ohivwk.jpg

Its from this forum. It seems like the same lad who's been nicking posts from off here. All of the posts by "King TayvBob" are lifted from here or another forum. what a git.

http://forums.superiorpics.com/ubbthreads/...pics/4064725/97

Here's the lad robbing our posts. Anyone heard of him?

http://twitter.com/holds10

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Its from this forum. It seems like the same lad who's been nicking posts from off here. All of the posts by "King TayvBob" are lifted from here or another forum. what a git.

http://forums.superiorpics.com/ubbthreads/...pics/4064725/97

The presence of Ayumi in his sig marks him out as the same as that other Twitter account you found where he was just posting endless reams of UKFF quotes. That had an Ayumi background. Loser.

EDIT - the cheeky fucking cunt copies and pastes a post I made about Tanahashi then mentions going off to watch Ayumi's retirement show. I was fucking there, you worm.

Edited by air_raid

VERY surprised and happy to see Stampede 94 ranked so highly on a WWE list. Definitely one of my favourite shows of all time with such a great mix of matches and styles from top to bottom. Nastys vs Jack/Payne and the subsequent Nastys vs Jack/Sullivan match at Slamboree are two of my favourite matches of all time. I watched them both about 6 months ago and they haven't aged a day unlike most hardcore stuff from the 90's. I rank the Sullivan match slightly higher than the Payne match but they're both tremendous.

Tickets for House of Hardcore 3 officially went on sale yesterday with the first three rows selling out. The 11/9 event at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center will feature:

*Tommy Dreamer & Terry Funk, teaming for the final time vs. Lance Storm & X-Pac.

*Rhino vs. Kevin Steen

*Tony Nese vs. Alex Reynolds vs. Petey Williams

*The reunited Lisa Marie Varon (Tara/Victoria) & Stevie Richards vs. Carlito & Rosita.

Also officially announced are Goldust and MVP.

For more, visit www.HouseofHardcore.net.

I have no idea what to make of that main event, sounds dreadful yet amazing.

Tickets for House of Hardcore 3 officially went on sale yesterday with the first three rows selling out. The 11/9 event at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center will feature:

*Tommy Dreamer & Terry Funk, teaming for the final time vs. Lance Storm & X-Pac.

I have no idea what to make of that main event, sounds dreadful yet amazing.

Doesn't sound that bad at all. Storm and Waltman can both still work pretty much to the level they could back in the day, so Dreamer can sell (which is where his strengths lie) and Storm & X-Pac can bump around like crazy for Funk from the hot tag. Sounds like a simple enough formula. The only issue may be if they try and make it babyface vs babyface, in which case the formula kinda falls apart.

• Awards Moderator

We get a lot of tourists visit where I work, and it's always interesting to see which wrestling shirts people tend to wear. In previous years, Rey Mysterio's always been a runaway favourite - with the kids, especially, it is absolutely exceptional to see an adult wearing one - but John Cena has been massive this year, more popular than I've ever known him in terms of number of kids wearing his stuff. I think there've only been two non-Cena wrestling shirts all year, a Randy Orton one worn by a lady in her 30s and a Ryback 'Feed Me More' that a kid had on one day.

Anyway - I rather like that first design above!