Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
Yeah that Super Dragon thing seems to be a running joke with Botchamania. I don't think anyone actually still likes Super Dragon.

Thats because they are queer.

I personally enjoy the running joke. It's more a reference of dis-pleasure than any actual reference to Super Dragon himself. Just an alternative to chanting 'Boring...' or 'We want wrestling!' etc etc.

• Paid Members

Just had another look at the title history page for the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight title in Japan. It's a wacky promotion and the title is under 24/7 rules, with previous champs including a schoolgirl, a guy who won it in an eBay auction and a memorable series of quick title changes that saw the championship won by a desk, then a plate, then some rice, then some curry sauce, then a pork chop, each reign lasting three seconds.

Only the three non-traditional champs during 2012 it seems, namely a beer, a ringside mat on a show run by the womens IceRibbon group, and a Bolivian boy while the reigning champ was on holiday.

Just had another look at the title history page for the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight title in Japan. It's a wacky promotion and the title is under 24/7 rules, with previous champs including a schoolgirl, a guy who won it in an eBay auction and a memorable series of quick title changes that saw the championship won by a desk, then a plate, then some rice, then some curry sauce, then a pork chop, each reign lasting three seconds.

Only the three non-traditional champs during 2012 it seems, namely a beer, a ringside mat on a show run by the womens IceRibbon group, and a Bolivian boy while the reigning champ was on holiday.

That sounds absolutely insane!! I would love to be there when they decide who/what is winning the belt next....i know the Japanese can be a little out there when it comes to entertainment, but this shit is beyond mental, even for them....gonna have to track some of it down :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Nothing new here, but just thinking about it while writing a piece: Mark Rocco was originally scheduled to wrestle Satoru Sayama (aka Tiger Mask) on the undercard of the Daddy-Haystacks Wembley Arena match. Could you possible have had two more different matches?

What's wrong with Botchamania?

That's a good question. I'm struggling to decide what's more wrogn with it, the fact that it still exists or the fact that people still find it amusing. I'll get back to you on that.

Although he's probably just pissed off that i didn't take him out to dinner like we arranged.

You said that anyone who doesn't like Super Dragon is queer, with sterling conversation like that I'd rather we skip the dinner.

• Paid Members

You're spot-on, Butch. The early ones contain all the really funny stuff - now he's exhausted that and pumps them out with such frequency (although they don't seem quite so regular these days?) it's generally just "here's a dropkick from this week's Raw that didn't connect completely cleanly".

However, there is still the odd vein of quality where pleather-clad skinny blokes horribly botch dives in front of three men & a dog, so they're not completely without merit these days.