Jump to content

Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Punching Duggan in the cancerous kidney. Pure evil. That's proof that when Duggan isn't playing his crowd pleasing gimmick, he's a great worker. An old veteran selling for the big monster.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
  • Paid Members
Posted

New Blood Rising! That was the one with the sweet opening ladder match with 3 Counts vs Yung Dragons IIRC. Steiner was awesome in 2000 too.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Every match following that ranged from average to abysmal, though. New Blood Rising had the This Is Real But Everything Else Is Fake match between Nash, Goldberg and Steiner, it had the Judy Bagwell on a fork lift match, the Mike Awesome vs Lance Storm match where Storm was the super over babyface so they made him lose three times in a row with the crowd getting sicker with each fall, Shane Douglas and Billy Kidman feuding over Douglas' limp dick. Muta was there looking like Bagpuss (and wrestling like I imagine Bagpuss would wrestle), Sting vs The KISS Demon. I think Stacy Keiber has stomach pains in the mud match as well. It was a business killing PPV in many ways.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I think I mentioned those crisps a few months back. I'm glad somebody remembered them. If you collected 10 packets you got a free badge. I got mine in exchange at a shop I think. I ended up with a British Bulldog badge that I wish I still had. Amazing find Ian, that a was a retro trip.

 

New Blood Rising is tragic viewing especially as it's between two very good PPV's for WCW 2000. Muta is god awful on that show and there was also a Four Team Tag Match which had all the Filthy Animals in the role of referee, timekeeper, ring announcer and K-Dogg on commentary. Booking overkill there. I still think Halloween Havoc 2000 or Starrcade 1999 is worse.

Edited by Chilli_Mondeo
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
Don't remember the crisps at all but am I imagining WWF chocolate cigarettes? Pretty sure it was the likes of Hogan, Warrior, Undertaker, Jake Roberts and Big Bossman on the packets.

No you aren't. They tasted like cardboard. There was also WWF multi-coloured jellies in the shape the wrestlers. I also remember a tube of jelly beans with half a WWF wrestling toy on top of it and when you take him off you eat the sweats. I also used to buy the mini WWF cards with free chewies in them from the video shop. WWF had all kinds of stuff in this country in 92. There was a huge surge of popularity.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
Posted
Don't remember the crisps at all but am I imagining WWF chocolate cigarettes? Pretty sure it was the likes of Hogan, Warrior, Undertaker, Jake Roberts and Big Bossman on the packets.

No you aren't. They tasted like cardboard. There was also WWF multi-coloured jellies in the shape the wrestlers. I also remember a tube of jelly beans with half a WWF wrestling toy on top of it and when you take him off you eat the sweats. I also used to buy the mini WWF cards with free chewies in them from the video shop. WWF had all kinds of stuff in this country in 92. There was a huge surge of popularity.

 

Did the jellies come in individually wrapped little packet things? I think I remember them and I'm fairly certain they were vile. I think you could get Ghostbusters ones that were the same idea.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
Did the jellies come in individually wrapped little packet things? I think I remember them and I'm fairly certain they were vile. I think you could get Ghostbusters ones that were the same idea.

THATS IT! The Ghostbusters ones I remember far better. They had the plastic packet with the pealing plastic cover on the back with a wrestler or Ghostbusters bio. Always made my teeth hurt, but was such a big fan I bought them anyway. Just like how I always hated Sugar Puffs but would eat them to get the free shit.

 

It makes me feel good that I haven't just been dreaming this for years and someone else knows of them.

 

EDIT: Titchmarsh just said "after the break we talk to Hulk about Lance Armstrong". I smell a set up here. "Let's talk to Hulk Hogan about needles in the arse" he might as well have said.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
  • Paid Members
Posted

Also am I mistaken or did they release like WWF stick on Tattoos in like 1998ish? I remember having a Faarooq one...how disappointing.

Posted

Catching up with my AAA, two things come to mind, the first is that the visual of two mini versions of Psicosis teaming up in a beatdown is awesome. The second is that Mascarita Dorada might be one of my favourite things in wrestling, and has been for quite a while. I bet the kiddywinks adore him. In fact I presume everyone adores him, he's got the moves for the move freaks and the groovy look to go with it.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Two of the subtitlers around the corner of the office are wrestling fans it seems. I made out the words, "wwe.com" "storyline" and "Tyson Kidd." What's the protocol here? Is there a secret handshake I should implement?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...