Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Just watching a SNME from 88 ( the one with the twin referees) and there is a Hogan training montage but the music is Jake the Snakes music from...whenever he had music. I guess there was a year or two gap before Jake had it. Just seemed weird, took me out of the moment of the montage

I had that experience when I watched an ancient episode of the TNA weekly PPV when Monty Brown came out to the music that was eventually given to Abyss, which really confused me. Probably doesn't mean anything to many other people because, well, it's TNA, and doesn't compare to the sight of Hogan pumping iron to Snake Bit. Monty of course ended up having a pretty decent theme, the TNA "tribute to" Down With The Sickness.

I'm watching TNA's weekly PPVs at the minute. They're all on Youtube. That Abyss theme was used by everyone on the roster it seemed like. In the very early days there was only a few songs they had. When that song hit, it was pot luck whether it was Monty Brown, Kid Romero, fucking Disco Inferno or someone else. There was also this random Mexican song they used for every X Division wrestler they didnt have a song for.

There's so so much to talk about on these weekly PPVs. Like shocking amounts of stuff worth discussing that nobody has ever cared to check out because that period of wrestling was watched by about 4 people. I might have to do a post about it. The casual racism and homophobia and women hate and swearing is unlike anything I've ever seen. Brian Christopher calls some girl a "cunt". Road Dogg (who looks like the Milky Bar kid after a heroin overdose) says "I'm not going to be gay bashing, I'm just going to beat the hell out of a faggot" before a match with Kwee Wee. Ron Harris says "those kinds and us dont mix" about Ron Killings. Goldilocks gets shouted at at least 4 times a show. No word of a lie, babyfaces and heels just tear into her, because Vince Russo hates women and scripts it like that. Its a unreal period. It will make you both hate wrestling and strangely appreciate their willingess to be different at the same time.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I used to enjoy reading the results on a Thursday morning and seeing that the Rock and Roll Express or Vader or Nikita Koloff had shown up for a one-shot.

This.

TNA was so much better in written form, than it actually was watching it, after finding some discs. The TNA asylum just didn't look great and everyone looked less major league for it.

• Paid Members

TNA should do a run of shows at the Asylum in a 'back where we started' type deal.

TNA should roll over and die.

• Moderators

TNA's pretty good this days, s'appens. However, it's a case of "If there's no-one there to hear it does a tree falling make a sound?". The TV's been consistently good since the first UK shows. Some way better than WWE currently so I've finally pulled the plug on watching the current WWE product.

I've got no interest in ever wanting to watch TNA again. I don't doubt they might be putting out decent TV at the moment, but its been decent before and turned to shit. I don't feel safe to emotionally invest in any story or character, because there's such a high chance they will do something dumb and fuck it up.

• Paid Members

I feel the same way. TNA have done a grand job turning me off their product over the last two years. There were periods where TNA had bigger names and was better tv than WWE.

Thinking about it, I think it was the never ending Aces & Eight guff that has scared me away. I used to watch TNA every week before they took their masks off. Cocks.

• Paid Members

TNA never get anywhere. WWE TV might be samey and even dull a lot of weeks but you know that once a month, you'll get something really worth watching that feels like it matters. If you only watch the PPVs, you'll even get little packages that make the TV look 100 times better than it is. You can afford to invest in it.

TNA never deliver the pay off. They either drag shit out for months and months so it goes beyond the point where anyone cares or someone gets injured or buggers off so it falls apart, or they just spunk everything they have really quickly so there's no need to hang around.

The EC3/Spud feud is probably the best thing they've ever done in terms of building a story and delivering an ending.

Yep, Aces & Eights killed my interest in TNA too. Shame as I really enjoyed the storyline to begin with. 

For me, TNA has never been better than mid-2012 during that Aries/Roode series for the belt. I greatly preferred it to WWE back then. Although I still maintain that Jarrett vs Angle at Genesis 2009 is TNA's greatest ever match.