Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

currently watching this:

(WCW 50 Moments DVD)

if you like Wrestlecrap this is must see stuff, great fun!

I bet they still manage to get DX driving the fucking tank in there. And Austin driving something. The ubiquitous "We used loads of vehicles on camera in the late nineties" replays are the most irritating of WWE's habits for me.

• Paid Members

currently watching this:

(WCW 50 Moments DVD)

if you like Wrestlecrap this is must see stuff, great fun!

I bet they still manage to get DX driving the fucking tank in there. And Austin driving something. The ubiquitous "We used loads of vehicles on camera in the late nineties" replays are the most irritating of WWE's habits for me.

They haven't showed that footage for ages.

I miss vehicles in wrestling. There was always something big time about driving down the aisle. It's obviously more difficult now with the ramp but I miss it. I also miss the limo's arriving backstage. That always made something seem a big deal. Although it was spoilt a bit when WCW used it every week for some numpty.

• Paid Members

Loving the WCW DVD so far. Seeing all this shit in top notch quality is what I'm here for. That's the big thing about the Network and the DVD releases for me. This stuff looks so colourful after WWE put it through whatever machines they have to make it look better than it originally did. The right people get buried, which is great. Vince Russo is a talkng head of the DVD and he still gets hammered by the rest of them. Russo is just a fucking muppet. Annoying cunt throughout. Its great that in 2014 he exposed himself as a dumb fuck to the point where nobody can defend him with the TNA thing.

A few things that stands out. Arn still thinks its real. Cody is all over the DVD. He seems to comment on ever segment of the thing. Tony Schiavone as a talking head is the best thing on it. Just a good man. The mix of good and horrendous moments is done well. They have a good balance.

Apologies if this has been posted but came across this on Kickstarter, pretty cool and not a bad price either. Only a week left, going to have to get one. If you pledge you can offer suggestions of wrestlers/moments he may have missed

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1126079337/wrestling-mishmash

87459c2a566f0728380f0a3be44534b1_large.j

• Paid Members

Apologies if this has been posted but came across this on Kickstarter, pretty cool and not a bad price either. Only a week left, going to have to get one. If you pledge you can offer suggestions of wrestlers/moments he may have missed

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1126079337/wrestling-mishmash

87459c2a566f0728380f0a3be44534b1_large.j

Amazing - been waiting for this. Just bought 2 copies of the large print. My mate will be chuffed!

• Paid Members

Loving the WCW DVD so far. Seeing all this shit in top notch quality is what I'm here for. That's the big thing about the Network and the DVD releases for me. This stuff looks so colourful after WWE put it through whatever machines they have to make it look better than it originally did. The right people get buried, which is great. Vince Russo is a talkng head of the DVD and he still gets hammered by the rest of them. Russo is just a fucking muppet. Annoying cunt throughout. Its great that in 2014 he exposed himself as a dumb fuck to the point where nobody can defend him with the TNA thing.

A few things that stands out. Arn still thinks its real. Cody is all over the DVD. He seems to comment on ever segment of the thing. Tony Schiavone as a talking head is the best thing on it. Just a good man. The mix of good and horrendous moments is done well. They have a good balance.

Watched the first half hour or so when up with the baby in the night. Bit disappointing so far. The quality is great. As Ian says it looks big and bright. But nothing gets enough credit. There's no-one on it really to play things up. They're all fine giving it a kick in but it's not well balanced.

The La Parka angle was tremendous. Really brilliant stuff. The reset show on April 10th was brilliant too.

Yet Jericho gets a ridiculous amount of love for the Goldberg angle. That angle killed Jericho as a player in WCW, not made him.

Loving seeing Schiavone again. Favourite bits so far are Finlay celebrating winning the Junk Yard battle royal and Booker T talking about the 49ers match. That look when he pulls out the Scott Hall pic is priceless.

Anyone else find Meltzer's laugh really irritating like when he does his weekly segment on the LAW? 

Yeah, it's seriously annoying. However when it comes to annoying, nothing compares to Dan Lovranski though, that guy needs sacked off. Awful.