Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
I 'get' the Hogan leg drop, the People's Elbow even the Five Knuckle Shuffle.

But the swing just seems beyond ridiculous, it looks stupid and there's virtually no impact there.

Oh well, maybe it's just me.

A massive lad dropping a leg over your neck/chest would surely make quite an impact?

I 'get' the Hogan leg drop, the People's Elbow even the Five Knuckle Shuffle.

But the swing just seems beyond ridiculous, it looks stupid and there's virtually no impact there.

Oh well, maybe it's just me.

A massive lad dropping a leg over your neck/chest would surely make quite an impact?

Yep as would an elbow to the chest or punch to the chest.

I said the swing was a low impact move, which it is.

And surely Cesaro will be as dizzy and more exhausted than his opponent after the swing? Seems quite a self-defeating manoeuvre.

• Moderators

The person he executes it to would be more dizzy, also take into effect the harrowing effects of G-force, and as regards him being exhausted Cesaro is pushed as a super athelete. Again, there's nothing wrong with it.

Edited by PowerButchi

The swing is also an example of the strength he has. It's an extremely obvious way to demonstrate the pure power he has when he does it to someone like Khali. Knowing he is that strong also leads you to believe all his other moves are more impactful.

take into effect the harrowing effects of G-force

If a commentator said this I'd vomit.

As for the move, I have no problem with it at all. It gets the crowd going. I picture some creative spots coming from it in years to come also which will leave a lasting impression. Spike Dudley needs to come back to be thrown into the third row via it.

• Paid Members

Magnificent story from Lance Storm at http://www.stormwrestling.com/061214.html

This next story is another great example of how overly booked and over written all of the WCW shows were in 2000. There was an Ambulance match booked between Mike Awesome and Booker T on Nitro. An Ambulance match is usually a blow off type match to end a big feud because one man has to beat up the other guy so bad that he is able to stuff him in the back of an ambulance and send him off to the hospital. I was in Guerilla (backstage area right behind the curtain where they send time cues to the refs, cue music and send the guys for their entrances). Mike Awesome went to the ring first and I was standing backstage with Booker. As Mike is standing in the ring Booker is waiting for his music to hit and I hear Ed Ferrara, who was the one giving time cues, send word to the ref to tell Mike Awesome to "Take it home" (go into the finish to end the match) I looked and Booker, Booker looked at me, and I asked him, How is Mike going to do the finish with you standing back here? Booker of course had no idea and just shrugged. His music finally hit so he could do his entrance, with the realization that the people in charge already wanted this match over, and it hadn't even started yet.