Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Probably discussed before, but I'm wondering if there is space in the market for an "old boys" tour promoted by WWE.

Obviously bringing in the veterans for a shot is a popular and far from original pursuit on the indie scene. But could WWE itself make money from a touring "globetrotter / all stars" show featuring all the old faces we grew up with?

I genuinely don't think the market for this type of show would give a monkeys about match quality. Put us in a decent sized venue with Demolition's music hitting and no-one will be complaining. Not even when Virgil tried to charge for autographs after the show.

They're not in the habit of running the leisure centre type venues, and they wouldn't dilute their arena shows by doing ill-fated old man tours. There aren't many (in fact, probably not any) main event names for such a thing, so there isn't anything to headline it with. They're not packing the O2 for Demolition and Animal vs Nasty Boys and Typhoon.

And they wouldn't risk sending a gang of has-beens with replaced knees, heart problems and substance abuse issues on a wrestling touring schedule anyway.

I could maybe see WWE getting into the "an evening with" market and sending two or three old boys on a theatre tour, but even then, those things don't sell that well and it's probably not worth the risk of a Ric Flair or Roddy Piper making himself and the company look a cunt.

• Paid Members

I think a tour like that would also have a lot more mileage in Britain. A lot of people I know, around my age, don't give a shiny shite about most of the modern day wrestlers but would lap it up to see Hacksaw and IRS hobble down to the ring.

• Paid Members
Man, the old school tour sounds amazing. Wheel on the Old School Raw ring. Get Bruce Prichard back on side to do a Brother Love show. Blue bars cage match main event in each town. WWE's production values. Take my money.

Are the blue bars still in a lock up in London?

I'd love an Old School tour, Koko B Ware in the opening match would be a must for me

• Paid Members
I'm watching Spring Breakers. Jeff Jarrett is in it! Why didn't any of you lot say so before?!

Did you manage to make it to the end? Worst film I can remember ever watching.

Not yet, I only started watching it because of the director's missus' tits to be honest. Wasn't terrible but not that interesting. James Franco was pretty good.