Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

They had five names with missing letters to choose from - Hogan (49), Savage (2), Cena (10), Undertaker (14) and Austin (5). The teams picked Savage and Austin, the best answers. Stasiak would DEFINITELY have been Pointless.

Iplayer link, it's about half an hour in if you want to skip.

Which were Pointless? I'd have probably gone for Stan Stasiak.

They gave 5 names with alternate letters missing, it was a simple list (points for each answer given in brackets)

1) H_L_ H_G_N (49)

2) M_C_O _A_ R_N_Y S_V_G_ (2)

3) J_H_ C_N_ (10)

4) T_E _N_E_T_K_R (14)

5) S_O_E _O_D _T_V_ A_S_I_ (5)

• Paid Members

So I came across this on the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Wikipedia page:

WWE_world_title_lineage.jpeg

It doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know, but it's kind of interesting (contentious 1905 lineage, counting the WWWF/WWF/WWE title as a direct splinter of the NWA title)

• Paid Members

The whole thing's a mess. If you're talking about the NWA title, then there's a potential argument that the WHC that was split from the UD championship never had NWA lineage, as the NWA title was already operating as TNA's top belt, given that NWA still legally (and I say that with some generosity of spirit) hold the rights to the lineage, belt, image, etc.

Think it also misses out that period when the NWA belt was separate from the WCW title, when Muta and Wyndham faced each other for it.

That title's been properly whored out.

Random thought of the day: I miss Ian's indy wank topics.

In fact, I miss the days of those promotions, period. U.S. indy wrestling seems so dull and by-the-book these days. I miss the days when crazy stuff was happening all over the place. It made things much more interesting to follow. Maybe not better persay, but certainly more interesting.

Edited by pgi86

It's because the attitude era and WWF buying WCW was like a nuclear bomb in wrestling. It spawned shitloads of mutants and weirdos in the fallout, and now, the radiation has died down. The early 00s were full of divots still high off the fumes of the boom period, thinking they could be the new WCW or ECW. Everyone's kind of accepted the reality of the scene now, so the buffoons and conmen come up with much smaller doomed schemes these days.

Edited by King Pitcos

Some kid from educating Yorkshire (dunno who, don't watch cc it) did the yes chant tonight when collecting an award at the nta's. Nobody seemed to have much of a clue what he was going on about sadly. Still a cool if surreal moment. Nobody knows about it outside of wrestling though.

Some kid from educating Yorkshire (dunno who, don't watch cc it) did the yes chant tonight when collecting an award at the nta's. Nobody seemed to have much of a clue what he was going on about sadly. Still a cool if surreal moment. Nobody knows about it outside of wrestling though.

My mate did it at graduation while accepting his certificate. The daggers he received...