Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Hacksaw Jim Duggan v Shawn Michaels for the IC title on Raw in May 1993 is the best Lumberjack match ever. Discuss:-

I'm not a big fan of Lumberjack matches but I remember quite enjoying that one. Can't recall many Lumberjack matches other than that which I actually liked though. Even Angle and Eddie had a pretty shit one in 2004 (think Eddie was in a bad way for that one though). Vader and Steamboat had a good one in WCW in 1993, they called it a 'Human Cage' match or something but it was a Lumberjack match.Have there been any other standout Lumberjack matches? What was Diesel vs Sid like? I've never seen it.

• Paid Members

Sabu and John Cena had a good one at Vengeance 2006:-

I watched one on the History Of The Intercontinental Title DVD recently between Greg Valentine and Tito Santana that was great. But usually they're pretty crap.

• Paid Members

Smackdown spoiler

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Why are wwe so shit at making or capitalising on 'moments'? Bryan finally gets the big win over the shield as a unit and it's on a bloody smackdown? [close spoiler]
");document.close();
Wish I hadn't read that spoiler but despite always watching RAW I hardly ever watch Smackdown so I wouldn't have seen it anyway unless I knew that was going to be on it - wrestling spoiler vicious cycle

• Paid Members

I've said this before a thousand times but I'll say it again because it still holds true, I'd love WWE to do their own BFG Series. Not over the WWE title, because that is the only thing that has stuff written for it anyway. But for the IC title to give some purpose to the mid-card. Although I think it could be amazing right now for the World title and be the payoff to Daniel Bryan's current story, proving himself to himself and giving him reasons to wrestle Kane and Orton without anyone turning.Daniel BryanKaneRandy OrtonAlberto Del RioJack SwaggerSheamusDamian SandowCody RhodesMark HenryDean AmbroseKofi KingstonChris JerichoWould work nicely for me under current circumstances and ignoring a couple of injuries.