Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Here you go, for CZW recommendations -

The CZW thread

My reviews seem to start around page 6. Plenty of coverage and discussion of last year's CZW happenings inside.

The deathmatch thread

Over 50 pages of blood soaked photos and reviews from not just CZW, but the entire spectrum of deathmatch wrestling from around the world. Photo heavy, NSFW.

Review a show thread

My review of CZW Aerial Assault can be found on page 2, with various other non-CZW reviews by different people across the other pages.

After attending all 3 of the Dragon Gate shows this weekend i'm left thinking just how much TNA dropped the ball with Mark Haskins. If they can't make a star out of Haskins, i don't hold out much hope for Spud. During his TNA run i wasn't really familiar with much of his work, but after seeing him this weekend i'm a fan. The guy has charisma and can go in the ring. Not to mention the fact he comes across as a class act when you meet him.

• Paid Members

I don't think he helped his case by completely botching up on his debut, his look seemed a tad blander to what I was used to seeing him portray too.

It brings to mind something I was mulling over whilst watching Impact, they really have let the X-Division start to diminish, you have RVD, King, Ion, York and then some old hat ECW guys that show up to fill tournaments and that's it. TNA really need to bring in some more guys to bulk that out a tad, King Vs Ion for number one contendership is wearing thin, York has been a welcome addition, hopefully Spud gets a proper crack, but on top of them they need 2-3 more guys that can breathe a breath of fresh air into that Division.

They need a couple more young cruisers, that's for sure, plus another star or two. Senshi is always good value in the X Division, pity he's such a cockosaurus to work with.

It's picked up since last year though, when it was practically dead in the water.

The X Division is never going to be the major force it was in TNA's early days though for one obvious reason - at the time, the heavyweight main event scene was pretty patchy. You had Jarrett, and then various fading stars like Rhyno or Raven. It was very thin in terms of marketable talent, and so the X Division expanded to fill the gap.

Now the heavyweight scene is packed with talent and big names, and so the shows now revolve around those storylines, to the inevitable detriment of the X Division.

Did they drop the ball with him? I've never seen his stuff outside of TNA, but the few times he was there he was bland and did nothing to warrant them handing him the ball in the first place.

The Haskins i saw this past weekend is a world away from the bland version that was on TNA TV.

• Paid Members
If they can't make a star out of Haskins, i don't hold out much hope for Spud.

Don't agree with this. I like Haskins, but I think when it comes to character work and engaging the crowd, Spud is far, far better. He's probably the best in the UK at working a mainstream US style.

I'm on a quick break at work so can't go into to much detail but somehow the group of lads sat behind me are talking about wrestling.

Topics so far include

The rock is going to come back soon as his character from fast and furious.

Undertaker died years ago and has been portryaed by a lot of different people.

Goldust is champ atm.

The rock bottom wouldn't hurt.

The stunner would hurt.

Ill keep updating if they continue the conversation. Hopefully get some more detail when I'm not rushed for time.

How old is Vince? He must be knocking on now. I'm not particularly with it as far as the backstage on goings with the WWE, Shame is no longer involved right?

Vince is 67 years old, birthday in August.

Shane is currently the CEO/Chairman on YOU On Demand and also is a member of the board for International Sports Management