UKFF Sig Appreciation Thread

Loki

• Paid Members

I bloody loved Running Scared. I feel really annoyed that I put off seeing it for so many years. I went on a buddy cop spree yesterday and watched 48 Hrs and 21 Jump Street, too.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It really is one of those that seems to sit below the radar and yet everyone i've ever suggested / forced to watch it has loved it. So much quoteable dialogue too.

Since i moved, all my videos are confined to the outbuilding in boxes which is killing me, but i did see Another 48 Hours on TV the other week. Did James Garner just think "Fuck it, i can't top Commando so i'll just keep using that score"? It's been a while, but i swear it's almost identical in Red Heat as well.

If i could play any instrument, it would be the steel drum.

• Paid Members
I bloody loved Running Scared. I feel really annoyed that I put off seeing it for so many years. I went on a buddy cop spree yesterday and watched 48 Hrs and 21 Jump Street, too.

Did you like 21 jump street?

It was middling. I don't like Jonah Hill at all but Channing Tatum was good. If it had stuck with being completely stupid all the way through then it would have worked better but they tried the, "Aww, they're not friends any more!" shit in the middle and it more or less ruined it. Plus the ending was overplayed and the star cameo was shit.

It should have had about 1600% more Nick Offerman in it as well.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed it but I think it's just because the bar on supermainstream American comedies has been set so low for the last 5-6 years that anything that isn't completely unwatchable seems decent.

Running scared is great, so is the Paul Walker thriller that is also called Running Scared

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
air raid's current sig is an amazing picture.

Very kind. Ironically from a fairly poor episode, but that line cracks me up without fail.

I'm digging Digby's current sig. The text makes me laugh every time I see it.

I feel the same way about your sig, mate. Although I regret not telling Castle at the time that I feel there are some of us that meet both criteria.

• Paid Members
I'm digging Digby's current sig. The text makes me laugh every time I see it.

I feel the same way about your sig, mate. Although I regret not telling Castle at the time that I feel there are some of us that meet both criteria.

It's hilarious, isn't it? Who was he specifically refering to with the eating between wanks element?

• Paid Members

I hate this thread, purely because it makes me log out to see the brilliance of some peoples sigs. I have the sigs turned off usually, as its easier to get away with browsing at work which means I miss alot of the greatness. :thumbsup:

• Paid Members
It's hilarious, isn't it? Who was he specifically refering to with the eating between wanks element?

Re-reading the posts immediately above it, I think he was just throwing out an (admittedly inspired) euphemism for being a mental cripple in the direction of Sphinx, rather than drawing on an actual anecdote.

Having said that, I'm personally managing to neglect neither eating nor wanking at the moment but routinely going 36 hours or so before remembering I need sleep.

Archived