Ricky Knight and family on tv

SuperstarNeilC

Listen Bud your work starts the minute you pull up in your car until the time you leave in your car its not just about 15-20 minute ring time, just a little tip from an old pro. Too many nowadays want to do there match go to the bar break character, mix with fans, watch the rest of the show it kills job imo but i am old school so maybe i have to modern up.

No not at all, I completely agree with you, there is not enough kayfabe kept up at shows these days anywhere in the country

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Listen Bud your work starts the minute you pull up in your car until the time you leave in your car its not just about 15-20 minute ring time, just a little tip from an old pro. Too many nowadays want to do there match go to the bar break character, mix with fans, watch the rest of the show it kills job imo but i am old school so maybe i have to modern up.

Amen to that! I hate all this "Hi, i'm a wrestler, come say hello to me and fuel my ego" type bullshit that goes on. Same for all these wrestlers who ask people to "Film my match so I can put it on youtube to prove i'm a wrestler" types. It really angers me, maybe it shouldn't, but it does! I remember Orig Williams telling me once that even though we know its a work, and the general population knows its a work...the little six year old nagging his parents for a ticket, he thinks its real! So don't show him he's wrong.

Back on topic, i'm looking forward to watching this, I've never met the Knights but they've always intrigued me. Old school is cool!

Amen to that! I hate all this "Hi, i'm a wrestler, come say hello to me and fuel my ego" type bullshit that goes on. Same for all these wrestlers who ask people to "Film my match so I can put it on youtube to prove i'm a wrestler" types. It really angers me, maybe it shouldn't, but it does! I remember Orig Williams telling me once that even though we know its a work, and the general population knows its a work...the little six year old nagging his parents for a ticket, he thinks its real! So don't show him he's wrong.

Back on topic, i'm looking forward to watching this, I've never met the Knights but they've always intrigued me. Old school is cool!

I know Orig was your mentor and a great man too. When we first walked into his company as the superflys, we had the same haircuts same clothes same trainees, Orig buzzed his first words were, thats how a tag team should look we got many bookings and the best advice from the great man.

Won't quote it but that exactly right, Ricky. One of the myriad reasons Ronin came second in the SHITARSE FIFTY was how he would only stay in character for his match. That character being a masked SHITARSE os opposed to a SHITARSE walking round without a mask on but a Ronin t shirt.

I know Orig was your mentor and a great man too. When we first walked into his company as the superflys, we had the same haircuts same clothes same trainees, Orig buzzed his first words were, thats how a tag team should look we got many bookings and the best advice from the great man.

I can imagine. I often wonder how Orig would react to some of the things that go on these days.

• Moderators
Won't quote it but that exactly right, Ricky. One of the myriad reasons Ronin came second in the SHITARSE FIFTY was how he would only stay in character for his match. That character being a masked SHITARSE os opposed to a SHITARSE walking round without a mask on but a Ronin t shirt.

Proving he wasn't even a Japanese lad. He could have at least drawn on some comedy eyes like Tensai, worn false goofy teeth with coke bottle glasses, and talked like Pigsy.

I can imagine. I often wonder how Orig would react to some of the things that go on these days.

I shudder to think buddy

Proving he wasn't even a Japanese lad. He could have at least drawn on some comedy eyes like Tensai, worn false goofy teeth with coke bottle glasses, and talked like Pigsy.

That was another pet hate of the late promoter Orig Williams, who used to say guys would do a foreign gimmick and go up the bar and order a beer with a cockney accent, needless to say they only done it once, guys are too scared of being un noticed nowadays, they have to let the world now they are that wrestler.

• Moderators

Yeah, I really hate that myself. I was watching a "Guv'nor" show a few years back, and this chap in camoflage is described as coming from Washington DC or somewhere, comes out to Springsteen's Born in the USA, but was shouting in the same accent as Geoffrey Boycott.

I was at the match was exciting all over the hall brawl. The Knights wrestled like Hooligans. The Bastards. Props to Roy for his Bushwhacker stomp.

Would Orig Williams have carried on the kayfabe promoting the resentment between the two teams for the rematch. Or would he have gone on a fan forum and told the fans they are all good mates on facebook.

Archived