Ricky Knight and family on tv

SuperstarNeilC

• Paid Members
"Moral Code of Their Own" is certainly right!!! I witnessed the 2 sons "Zak Zodiac" & "Zebra Kid" doing their 'Uk Holligans' gimmick at IPW:UK a month or so ago as they took on Project Ego....the gimmick at first seemed fun as they came out and got the crowd going but as the match went on you could clearly see they were taking liberties with the safety of Project Ego and not caring if they injured them, in some cases making it very obvious that they did not particularly care for Project Ego....they are a liability in that environment and there is no place for that inside the ring!

Sorry but how could you tell they were taking liberties? Wrestling is meant to look legit, sounds like they were doing their job well if they made a mark out of you.

The fact that I know Project Ego pretty well and spoke to them after the match, as well as hearing about what took place in the back following the match confirmed my thoughts, it is not difficult to see when someone is being heavy handed and deliberately taking liberties with someone and I personally resent being labelled a 'mark' for pointing this fact out

Sounds like they've worked you twice then. First time when you watched the match and believe liberties were taken, and secondly when after the match they stuck in kayfabe to tell you it hurt. As Ricky says, if they really felt liberties were taken would they work with them again?

And why do you resent being called a mark?

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Moral Code of Their Own" is certainly right!!! I witnessed the 2 sons "Zak Zodiac" & "Zebra Kid" doing their 'Uk Holligans' gimmick at IPW:UK a month or so ago as they took on Project Ego....the gimmick at first seemed fun as they came out and got the crowd going but as the match went on you could clearly see they were taking liberties with the safety of Project Ego and not caring if they injured them, in some cases making it very obvious that they did not particularly care for Project Ego....they are a liability in that environment and there is no place for that inside the ring!

Sorry but how could you tell they were taking liberties? Wrestling is meant to look legit, sounds like they were doing their job well if they made a mark out of you.

The fact that I know Project Ego pretty well and spoke to them after the match, as well as hearing about what took place in the back following the match confirmed my thoughts, it is not difficult to see when someone is being heavy handed and deliberately taking liberties with someone and I personally resent being labelled a 'mark' for pointing this fact out

After the same match the teams agreed to do it again in a WAW ring, dont sound like a team thats been battered. I am sure Kirby and other fellah are quite capable of looking after themselves, i have been on with Kirby and he is no shrinking voilet mate. I have been on with my boys more than anybody in all sorts of matches and they are safe as houses, Roy has been wrestling 18 years, hands up who has had any broken bones going on with him. Roy has had his nose broke twice, Hand broken, Ankle twice and a three inch scar on his shoulder do to others inexperience or stupidity but its wrestling and its part of the job we take it on the chin.

Calm down, this is not a day out for you.

I am very calm sir, just putting forward a defence to an allegation, should the accuser calm down or is that bit of advice just for me.

Lmao.....perfectly calm here, I have been in the ring with Project Ego myself, never had the pleasure of working the hooligans but from what I saw and heard there was a huge underlying reason in that match as to why they were deliberately heavy handed, didn't expect my opinion or comment to spark a massive debate, merely stating what I saw first hand (having seen thousands and thousands of matches) to be severely over the top and borderline dangerous. At the end of the day good luck to them, if that is their style and the way they work and people are happy to be in there with them then my opinion is obviously wrong but either way my opinion is still something I am entitled to.

After the same match the teams agreed to do it again in a WAW ring, dont sound like a team thats been battered. I am sure Kirby and other fellah are quite capable of looking after themselves, i have been on with Kirby and he is no shrinking voilet mate. I have been on with my boys more than anybody in all sorts of matches and they are safe as houses, Roy has been wrestling 18 years, hands up who has had any broken bones going on with him. Roy has had his nose broke twice, Hand broken, Ankle twice and a three inch scar on his shoulder do to others inexperience or stupidity but its wrestling and its part of the job we take it on the chin.

Calm down, this is not a day out for you.

I am very calm sir, just putting forward a defence to an allegation, should the accuser calm down or is that bit of advice just for me.

Lmao.....perfectly calm here, I have been in the ring with Project Ego myself, never had the pleasure of working the hooligans but from what I saw and heard there was a huge underlying reason in that match as to why they were deliberately heavy handed, didn't expect my opinion or comment to spark a massive debate, merely stating what I saw first hand (having seen thousands and thousands of matches) to be severely over the top and borderline dangerous. At the end of the day good luck to them, if that is their style and the way they work and people are happy to be in there with them then my opinion is obviously wrong but either way my opinion is still something I am entitled to.

What injuries did Ego receive after taking such a beating?

It's not ballet, folks. You get in the ring with Zebra, you know you're going to have a rougher night than you might encounter with less traditionally trained wrestlers. Get over it. He's one of the best in the country for a reason and learning to deal with it is part of what it takes to get as good as he is. Sure, not everyone will be as stiff as he can be but that's the glorious and infinite variety of professional wrestling. And honestly, is there anything more entertaining than watching Zebra smash the crap out of someone?

It's not ballet, folks. You get in the ring with Zebra, you know you're going to have a rougher night than you might encounter with less traditionally trained wrestlers. Get over it. He's one of the best in the country for a reason and learning to deal with it is part of what it takes to get as good as he is. Sure, not everyone will be as stiff as he can be but that's the glorious and infinite variety of professional wrestling. And honestly, is there anything more entertaining than watching Zebra smash the crap out of someone?

Lmao....entertaining as it is, I know that I personally do not like being in the ring with anyone who may not put my safety at the top of their priority list for that 10-15 minute period. Stiff is one thing, and believe me I have been in there with stiff and got the bruises to show it, that's all fine - the way I saw it was that in this one particular match they were over the top due to something else, I have been on other shows where Zebra has worked singles and seen him act in a 'stiff' but professional manner, this was a one time occurance that was over the top which was the point I was making

Lmao....entertaining as it is, I know that I personally do not like being in the ring with anyone who may not put my safety at the top of their priority list for that 10-15 minute period. Stiff is one thing, and believe me I have been in there with stiff and got the bruises to show it, that's all fine - the way I saw it was that in this one particular match they were over the top due to something else, I have been on other shows where Zebra has worked singles and seen him act in a 'stiff' but professional manner, this was a one time occurance that was over the top which was the point I was making

Just spoke to the lads in question they have no clue what you are talking about, so spit out what you are trying to say and answer the question what injuries were received in this reckless encounter, Sorry to say mate you have been worked.

• Moderators

tumblr_m6hswzJp1i1qcaofco1_r1_250.gif

You big girl. Tell us who you are so we can tell you that your matches suck.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

The level of mentality of your standard UKFF user, doesn't seem you or anyone else on here can accept someone's opinion without attempting to get personal with someone else....I made 1 point....I was there, I saw what happened and I heard the conversations that followed the match, from that I have drawn my own OPINION about a one time thing, who I am and what my matches are like bears no relevance to what I saw on that day or my opinion of it. If no one is allowed to express there opinion on here without then being berated for having that opinion then it is a sad world

The level of mentality of your standard UKFF user, doesn't seem you or anyone else on here can accept someone's opinion without attempting to get personal with someone else....I made 1 point....I was there, I saw what happened and I heard the conversations that followed the match, from that I have drawn my own OPINION about a one time thing, who I am and what my matches are like bears no relevance to what I saw on that day or my opinion of it. If no one is allowed to express there opinion on here without then being berated for having that opinion then it is a sad world

i await your reply.