Ricky Knight and family on tv

SuperstarNeilC

Channel 4, wednesday 18 July, 10pm

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-wre...ies-1/episode-1

The Knights are dad 'Rowdy Ricky Knight', mum Julia 'Sweet Saraya', brothers 'Zak Zodiac' and Roy 'The Zebra Kid', and little sister 'Britani Knight'. They claim to be the biggest wrestling bloodline in the world.

With a moral code of their own, this family pack a real punch, often at each other. They 'live, eat and breathe wrestling' while running the 'World Association of Wrestling' from their council house in suburban Norfolk.

With tough personal histories fuelling their drive, wrestling has always kept them together, although it is now threatening to tear them apart.

As one of America's biggest wrestling federations searches Britain for talent, the kids are selected for try-outs. This could make their careers in America, but take them away from home and their tight-knit family life for ever.

The Knights might get what they always wanted, but will success make or break them?

Edited by SuperstarNeilC

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Moral Code of Their Own" is certainly right!!! I witnessed the 2 sons "Zak Zodiac" & "Zebra Kid" doing their 'Uk Holligans' gimmick at IPW:UK a month or so ago as they took on Project Ego....the gimmick at first seemed fun as they came out and got the crowd going but as the match went on you could clearly see they were taking liberties with the safety of Project Ego and not caring if they injured them, in some cases making it very obvious that they did not particularly care for Project Ego....they are a liability in that environment and there is no place for that inside the ring!

Channel 4, wednesday 18 July, 10pm

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-wre...ies-1/episode-1

The Knights are dad 'Rowdy Ricky Knight', mum Julia 'Sweet Saraya', brothers 'Zak Zodiac' and Roy 'The Zebra Kid', and little sister 'Britani Knight'. They claim to be the biggest wrestling bloodline in the world.

With a moral code of their own, this family pack a real punch, often at each other. They 'live, eat and breathe wrestling' while running the 'World Association of Wrestling' from their council house in suburban Norfolk.

With tough personal histories fuelling their drive, wrestling has always kept them together, although it is now threatening to tear them apart.

As one of America's biggest wrestling federations searches Britain for talent, the kids are selected for try-outs. This could make their careers in America, but take them away from home and their tight-knit family life for ever.

The Knights might get what they always wanted, but will success make or break them?

• Paid Members
Interested to watch this to see what Ricky Knight is really like. Never met the guy but he's certainly interesting on here.

I've dealt with him and got no qualms with him. I see people seeing this and that about him on here, but he was a really sound guy when I spoke to him.

• Paid Members
"Moral Code of Their Own" is certainly right!!! I witnessed the 2 sons "Zak Zodiac" & "Zebra Kid" doing their 'Uk Holligans' gimmick at IPW:UK a month or so ago as they took on Project Ego....the gimmick at first seemed fun as they came out and got the crowd going but as the match went on you could clearly see they were taking liberties with the safety of Project Ego and not caring if they injured them, in some cases making it very obvious that they did not particularly care for Project Ego....they are a liability in that environment and there is no place for that inside the ring!

Sorry but how could you tell they were taking liberties? Wrestling is meant to look legit, sounds like they were doing their job well if they made a mark out of you.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
Will this be like 'My Big Fat Gyspy Wedding', only with the Knights taking the central role?

Its a channel 4 documentary on wrestling, my expectations couldn't be lower.

It should be a right laugh at worst, interesting and insightful at best.

...who??

:confused:

The Knights.

The dad is 'Rowdy Ricky Knight'

The mum is Julia 'Sweet Saraya'

And then brothers 'Zak Zodiac' and Roy 'The Zebra Kid', and little sister 'Britani Knight'.

They claim to be the biggest wrestling bloodline in the world.

It's all in the first paragraph, I can't understand how you missed it.

I can understand why someone would think they were taking liberties as they wrestled an aggressive rough and tumble style and hit very hard, but at the time Ego didn't seem like they were getting upset with them or giving them receipts and they went on to have what was probably match of the night. Combine that with the fact that there is a rematch booked for the next show and it suggests that there was no liberties taken as i imagine IPW wouldn't want them back if they did that on their first show and Ego wouldn't want to work them again.

I think like an earlier poster said they are trying to make their stuff look real and some guys love the hard hitting style, I wouldn't put it as anything other than that. And the Hooligans were awesome in that match.

• Paid Members

Truth be told unless I've majorly forgoten a load of stuff (which isn't unlikely) I've only ever seen 1 match from Ricky and Zebra live, in a holiday camp with the blue coats doing live commentary. I enjoyed both matches.

There's a polaroid somewhere of me meeting Roy, in the ring and holding a highspots belt. Don't judge me too harshly.

Other than that I've only seen Zebra at the KOE, which I've heard plenty of story's about.

The rest has been chunks on youtube. Can any one link some good stuff in full that's worth watching.