Ricky Knight and family on tv

SuperstarNeilC

• Paid Members
To be honest buddy we did not have much creative control i wish we had it just there was some definite no no's we were not prepared to have in which were considered out takes and off the cuff remarks never meant to be in.

Have you seen the finished version yet, Ricky? If so, what did you make of it?

TBH 60 percent is good tv and a great documentary for normal everyday people but imo it does not do UK Wrestling much good, it does not show sell out shows concentrates on the bad ones, does not even show, my offices and wrestling gym academy, says i run the business from my council house, yes i live in a council house and i am a working class boy but my offices cost me a grand a month, i run from there. They concentrate more on Britani's rise to WWE etc. As i say its good viewing but a series might come out of it if viewing figures reach expectations so may be it will balance up. Trying to be honest but just tune in bud see what you think.

Cheers for your views, Ricky.

Don't mean to hijack this thread with a Q&A session, but was your reason for doing this documentary mostly to do with getting more publicity and accepting that you may well have to put up with some misrepresentations of you and of your family and company, and more direct monetary reasons? Is there anything in it that you are concerned about that may affect Britani's career in WWE?

Edited by Gladstone Small

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this Anna in Wonderland show people are referencing? Is there a link?

I never saw the final show, but Anna (a former contestant of the first ever big brother) hosted a documentary on the wrestling scene. She appeared for a few fwa shows and also spent time with the knights and from what I gather it was not very complimentary and somehow compared British wrestling to prostitution (I.e bedroom wrestling). I remember the film crew at a one show upsetting many of the girls backstage when it turned out they were secretly recording their conversations.

• Paid Members

Can't find a link anywhere to the wrestling episode, but in general it was an early-days-of-BBC-digital-so-we-need-loads-of-cheap-shows documentary series starring Anna, the lesbian ex-nun from the first series of Big Brother.

It was basically a low-brow Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends - Anna would go and spend a period of time with a certain 'subculture'. Don't remember much about the wrestling one other than it wasn't particularly complimentary to the scene. IIRC the crux of it was her acting as one of Alex Shane's valets/"bitches" on an FWA show.

To be honest buddy we did not have much creative control i wish we had it just there was some definite no no's we were not prepared to have in which were considered out takes and off the cuff remarks never meant to be in.

Have you seen the finished version yet, Ricky? If so, what did you make of it?

TBH 60 percent is good tv and a great documentary for normal everyday people but imo it does not do UK Wrestling much good, it does not show sell out shows concentrates on the bad ones, does not even show, my offices and wrestling gym academy, says i run the business from my council house, yes i live in a council house and i am a working class boy but my offices cost me a grand a month, i run from there. They concentrate more on Britani's rise to WWE etc. As i say its good viewing but a series might come out of it if viewing figures reach expectations so may be it will balance up. Trying to be honest but just tune in bud see what you think.

Cheers for your views, Ricky.

Don't mean to hijack this thread with a Q&A session, but was your reason for doing this documentary mostly to do with getting more publicity and accepting that you may well have to put up with some misrepresentations of you and of your family and company, and more direct monetary reasons? Is there anything in it that you are concerned about that may affect Britani's career in WWE?

Hi Buddy, the doc started out as a UK Wrestling project which i was more than willing to do. The reason i got it is the director is an old superfly fan, tag team i was part of in the heydays of tag wrestling. Its was about how wrestling changed my life etc about the family all wrestling, but Britani got signed for WWE and rightly so took centre stage and it took a different route. there is 14 months of footage so plenty of series material, plus we got paid well and a series could be very lucrative for us. IMO there is nothing that could effect Britani's WWE Career.

• Paid Members

Thanks again, Ricky. I still think as a documentary, one way or another, that I would not take it all seriously considering all that has been revealed, but thanks for answering everything anyway.

Sadly, no link as far as I know.

Essentially, it was former BB1 contestant Anna Nolan saying women's wrestling is 'sleazy' and the show was predominantly about women who 'wrestle' in apartments for men/with men. She was, without actually saying it, implying that womens wrestling is essentially a form of prostitution.

It's a shame because, personally, I actually liked the majority of the excerpts featuring Saraya - the brawl between her and Venum (I think, it was) and Saraya tipping over a table and yelling at punters post-match is great in my opinion. As a stand alone documentary, it could have been good. Sadly, they REALLY fucked over Saraya with how they represented her and womens wrestling.

• Paid Members

From what I got out of it they painted her as "look what this mother has been reduced to". They painted her out to be a victim in this sleazy business. I always thought the wrestling business was the one that was shown up as something a bit off. I don't think anyone watching would have thought anything other than Sweet Saraya being a nice person who was at the mercy of degenerates in the wrestling business just to make a living. But the spin they tried to use was that she HAD to do this, not that it was her passion or that it was her life. BBC tried to make her out to be a figure of sympathy, when that wasn't the case at all.

I remember some bloke at the end of it selling women's wrestling videos on the top shelf of a video shop. Who was he? That did it no favours.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Moderators
Essentially, it was former BB1 contestant Anna Nolan saying women's wrestling is 'sleazy' and the show was predominantly about women who 'wrestle' in apartments for men/with men.

Yeah, but that does make up an amount of the climate of ladies wrestling in the UK. Not all by any means, and I'm not suggesting that all do it, but a fair amount certainly do.

Recognise her?

Or her?

Seen the site it's on? With a plastic matted room available in the building for "messy" wrestling?

Personally I'd say a documentary pulling up stuff like this is far more interesting than just "This is a documentary about wrestling. Let's make wrestling look ace and only talk about wrestling". I've seen enough of them.

Essentially, it was former BB1 contestant Anna Nolan saying women's wrestling is 'sleazy' and the show was predominantly about women who 'wrestle' in apartments for men/with men.

Yeah, but that does make up an amount of the climate of ladies wrestling in the UK. Not all by any means, and I'm not suggesting that all do it, but a fair amount certainly do.

Recognise her?

Or her?

Seen the site it's on? With a plastic matted room available in the building for "messy" wrestling?

Personally I'd say a documentary pulling up stuff like this is far more interesting than just "This is a documentary about wrestling. Let's make wrestling look ace and only talk about wrestling". I've seen enough of them.

Jesus... I wouldn't go near either with a barge pole.