The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

I don't know if Cro Cop wants to go back to the UFC at this point though. Wasn't he on about retiring? 

I'm with you though, Carbomb. There's something about a potential Lesnar vs Cro Cop match that I love. I want to see it in Rizin though. Let them both juice to the eyeballs and see what happens. 

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be well up for Brock vs Ngannou. I think that's the fight that the UFC will want to make as well. It's the easiest to sell. Overeem isn't a hot-topic these days. Also, a rematch with Hunt could create the wrong type of publicity for the UFC, as the build-up would likely feature a lot of talk about Lesnar's positive drug test, something I suspect the UFC will want to shift attention from. 

This could all be a bargaining ploy for Lesnar's next WWE contract. Heyman was on TMZ last week saying that Lesnar was considering his options. However, as stated on the previous page, I could see Brock taking a UFC fight whilst under WWE contract like he did before. 

How much could Brock get from a UFC fight realistically?

His WWE salary is 12mil guarantee per annum, plus his cut of merch and PPV (whatever’s left of it)... that’s hard to beat, surely.

If it’s true that he’s not moving the needle as much in WWE, though, I can see them not wanting to go back in for that amount. Reigns’ guarantee is only 1mil, Cena’s is 10, apparently.

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I’m a fan boy, so I’m probably biased, but I think a fully healthy, ‘free-for-all at the Mexican chemists’ Brock Lesnar is a fucking nightmare for anyone.

Imagine he’d started at 21. Jesus.

yep, he'd have been scary proposition if he'd come into the sport straight out of college and gone into a proper camp.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/wwe-mma-wrestling/wwe-who-paid-the-most-how-much-rich-list-money-earnings-a7677796.html%3famp

Thats the story I read last year. Interesting to note that they point out the speculation that he earnt more for his UFC fight. If Forbes have the 12 mil figure right, I don’t know he got more than that for one fight. That sounds like bullshit.

Moral of the story, though, is that Lesnar makes serious bank.

*edit* I’m guessing those figures include PPV/Merch cuts, as they’re way too high to be downside guarantees.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, jimufctna24 said:

After checking, the 2.5 million figure I cited for Lesnar's last fight was just his fight purse. He made an additional 350k from Reebok, and probably even more through "other unofficial payments".

No doubt he'd have got a cut of the PPV as well. And UFC 200 did over a million buys. Depending on the rate of his PPV cut, he probably fucking raked it in on that alone. 

• Paid Members

Bellator have announced a London show for May 25th...

DW-T8IKVAAUGX0x.jpg?1519661226

Guess Paul Daley was trolling about the MVP fight then. Surely that's the fight they should have been making for London though. That said i do like an MVP/Rickles fight.

• Paid Members

For some reason, all in, $15M+ is in my head for Lesnar's UFC 200 pay day. IIRC, Meltzer suggested it was that.

For what it's worth, Forbes reckon McGregor made about $30M off Diaz II & Alvarez. If that's right, upwards of $15M may not be too far off, depending on what cut of the PPV Lesnar got.

• Paid Members

I read at one point big Dave said that Lesnar's UFC 200 money was meant to be in the range of $5.5-6m (purse, points etc), and if the PPV did higher than it did (it underperformed most estimates) that he could have earnt up to around $8m. I also seemed to have $5m in my head as his yearly WWE guarantee, plus whatever extra's on top he may or may not get.

It's all speculation I guess and God knows what the true numbers really are. As daz said, he makes serious bank.

He could make more in UFC for three fights than three years in WWE probably, but I would think it's tougher to do three fight camps and get punched in the head than it would be for him to carry out his WWE schedule, with a possible allowance for a one off fight in the contract. 

I'd love to see him back in there again. I'm not sure he matches up that well with any of the guys that are likely to be potential opponents, but I'd damn sure love to find out.

Archived