The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

Brown vs Condit is a funny one. They've both been flirting with retirement for a while now. I actually wouldn't mind seeing them go out and have one last crazy war and then both leave their gloves on the canvas. It'd be a cool way for both to go out. They both couldn't really pick a better farewell fight opponent than each other. On paper they're tailor made for each other to have an incredible fight. 

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brock has been pictured with Dana White, wearing a massive ‘UFC’ t-shirt.

I was convinced he was fighting again until this photo, now it just seems like 2 mates having a laugh and trying to help get more cash out of ol’ Man Vince for Brock.

• Paid Members

Here's the photo:

It's also worth noting that their huge US telly deal is up for renewal and Dana has been going all in with predicting people to return/fight this year. Whether that be Mayweather, Jones or Lesnar.

I assume Lesnar gets Miocic/DC on his return, which is mad, but it's the money fight in the HW division, if Jones gets a decent suspension.

I think they’re both horrific fights for Lesnar.

DC maybe lacks the physicality to impose his game on Lesnar, but he’s a much higher level wrestler than Brock so I just can’t see how Brock pins him down for 5 rounds. And on the feet, obviously, Cormier has an advantage in that he doesn’t hit the panic button the minute he’s hit.

Miocic just beats the breaks off him, doesn’t he?

Honestly, there’s no a standout match for Brock for me. A rematch with Alistair probably goes the same way, as they both have the same strengths and weaknesses they’ve always had. He probably beats Francis by wrestlefucking him to death.

The only standout, interesting fight for me is the JJ fight. Mainly because it’d be such a freak show. But if Brock manages to get a hold of him and pin him for 5 rounds, thus beating the almost consensus P4P guy of all time, then I don’t think I’ll know what’s going on anymore. That’d be fucking nutty.

I still think Brock’s enlisted his old pal Dana to con Vinnie M out of a few more quid.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

He probably beats Francis by wrestlefucking him to death.

That's one of those "whoever gets in first" fights, I think. If Ngannou lands a shot, it's his fight, but if Lesnar's able to get the takedown, it ends in Wrestlefuck City.

4 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

That's one of those "whoever gets in first" fights, I think. If Ngannou lands a shot, it's his fight, but if Lesnar's able to get the takedown, it ends in Wrestlefuck City.

If I’m Brock I’m wearing army fatigues, War paint... I’ll have a belt wrapped round my head, yelling ‘USA’ and just drop to my belly and crawl over like I’m at Army school.

Pick that ankle, baby.

• Paid Members

Could be a repeat of the Carwin fight, that one. If Lesnar can survive the opening 2 minutes of fire, then he's got a good chance of winning.

The thing with Brock is he can make far more money in one fight than he'll make during another WWE run. No idea if he bothers, of course, but if Dana signs him for three fights and tells him he'll get a shot at the title, then I'm sure Lesnar will listen (obvs). He's in his 40s now and, realistically, if he wants another UFC pay day he's got a tiny window. Of course, he can fight when he's 52, but I'm sure Brock doesn't want to look shit; athletically, he's on the wrong side of time.

In Lesnar's perfect world, he'll be hoping for the same scenario as last time, probably. WWE contract with the promise of a UFC fight.

Brocks such a freak though, that a Brock 40 is a normal human 30.

If Mark Hunt stops being such a shithead about the whole thing (saying it’s a joke if they let Lesnar back, but refusing to say the same about other fighters who piss hot because they’re ‘real fighters’) the rematch could actually be a decent fight.

Particularly after being either beaten by Cormier or Miocic, it might be nice to just lie on a Samoan again for a few rounds. 

• Paid Members

True, but Lesnar is a fighter that relies heavily on being a freak. A 52 year old Lesnar is still giving your Dad a contest, but against top 5 HWs he's maybe looking a wee bit normal - unless Lesnar somehow refuses to age in the next decade.

Thing is, if Jones gets a light suspension they've got a lot of HW super fights - ones that will actually draw(!). A combination of Lesnar, Jones, Velasquez, DC and Stipe is golden. Obviously, Stipe isn't a draw, but if he beats DC then Lesnar, then the world is absolutely fucked if Stipe doesn't becoming a draw.

I'm getting ahead of myself, of course. Watch Lesnar sign with WWE.

• Paid Members

This has happened so many times where Brock is concerned. Almost always around WrestleMania season as well, funnily enough. Am I right to assume his contract with WWE is coming up for negotiation again? :rolleyes: 

I'll believe it when I see it. I was amazed when the Hunt fight at UFC 200 actually came off, to be honest. The boy had cried wolf so many times I dismissed it. As fun as it can be to talk about, I'm sceptical we ever see him in the cage again...

...If he does though, I'd go with Ngannou. Fuck it. I just want to see those two monsters locked in the cage together. And like with the Hunt fight, their strengths being so opposite you could really see either scenario playing out. I'd probably lean towards Brock but Ngannou's punchers chance is like pretty much nobody else's. 

Considering Brock’s aversion to getting punched in the face, I can only imagine the farce that fight would become once the first of Francis’ nukes went whistling by Brock’s chin.

I imagine it’d start to resemble a Benny Hill clip.

• Paid Members

i dont wanna see an Ngannou fight. The Hunt fight felt like giving Lesnar the most dangerous opponent possible that in reality offered the least amount of threat. I wanna see Lesnar fight someone who may be able to stop him from taken them down.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Considering Brock’s aversion to getting punched in the face, I can only imagine the farce that fight would become once the first of Francis’ nukes went whistling by Brock’s chin.

I imagine it’d start to resemble a Benny Hill clip.

2nkigc9.gif

• Paid Members

Perhaps Cro-Cop, or has he finally retired? I wouldn't give Lesnar much chance against prime Mirko, but now that he's older and beatable, could be a decent match-up - huge wrestler who hates being hit being hit by striker who's difficult to wrestle.

Archived