The new MMA general news, events and thoughts thread

The Natural

• Paid Members

I'd love to see Werdum clown Rockhold. Something like how he did to Travis Browne. Then if he could push kick Javier Mendez after the fight that'd be the cherry on the cake.

Bellator's June PPV is shaping up nicely.

BellatorMSG_3x2_600.png?resize=600%2C381

Chael Sonnen vs. Wanderlei Silva

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Matt Mitrione

Douglas Lima vs. Lorenz Larkin - 170lb Title Fight

Michael Chandler vs. Brent Primus - 155lb Title Fight

Lima vs Larkin is a wicked fight. Didn't even know they'd signed Larkin. I'm into Chael vs Wand. Not as much as I was in 2013/14 but I'm still up for it. Anytime Wandy fights I'm in. Fedor vs Mitrione can still fuck off but whatever, can't have everything I suppose. Looks good so far.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It's lining up nicely, big Bellator shows always have a great mix on them and this one sums it up. The added Madison Square Garden factor is nice too, i expect Bellator to dress this one up with all the bells & whistles.

You'd hope if it came to that he'd stop but I've no doubt he'd be straight on the blower to Scott Coker to continue turning his brain into soup in Bellator.

Penn would be better suited to Bellator They could match him up with the likes of Royce Gracie, Hughes, and other over the hill fighters. 

• Paid Members

True but who wants to see Penn vs Royce? And is there any need for Penn vs Hughes 4? It's better than him getting murdered once or twice year in the UFC granted.

It's almost a guaranteed car crash but still a more exciting prospect than any show the UFC has lined up right now.

UFC 211 smokes this Bellator show. Fights like Miocic vs JDS 2, Jedrzejczyk vs Andrade, Maia vs Masvidal, Edgar vs Yair and Alvarez vs Poirier piss all over that Bellator card, as good as it is.

I love the Lima vs Larkin fight but I think I know how the Wandy vs Chael and Fedor vs Meathead fights are going to play out and it's really hindering my enthusiasm for that show. Chael lying on top of Wand for 15 minutes and Mitrione getting a win he shouldn't have over Fedor is going to be jarring to watch.

Although saying that, if Wandy and Fedor win by brutal knockouts I'll do a complete 180 and this show will be up there with my favourites of all time.

Andrei Arlovski vs. Marcin Tybura and Takanori Gomi vs. Jon Tuck have been booked for UFC Fight Night 111 in Singapore.

I did not realise that Arlovski was on a 4 fight losing streak having not won in fight 2016.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Arlovski's gone complete 50/50 on this UFC run. Started off with a 4 fight win streak. Then follows that up with a 4 fight losing streak. He's Dan Hardy'd it up.

Speaking of Hardy, he's got a book that's just come out. Probably be worth a look.

• Paid Members

Speaking of Hardy, he's got a book that's just come out. Probably be worth a look.

Anymore talk on him wanting to fight again in the UFC?

At the London Q&A he talked about it as if he wanted to but nothing specific. Mickey Gall was on the question panel and campaigned jokingly for the fight but Hardy wasn't biting.

Archived