ECW is sort of back *POTENTIAL SPOILERS!111~*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Guerrero was never in the Revolution. He was a Filthy Animal.

Revolution:

05.jpg

Filthy Animals:

03.jpg

I thought the Revolution were rotten. A load of bland blokes and Dean Douglas with Peter Schmeichel's 99 beard. The only person who had any star quality was Benoit who was great throughout 99. It was a good move when Benoit ran like the clappers from them and Douglas, Saturn and Malenko replaced him with Asya and a mystery member, who we never found out.

In terms of his character only, i've never understood the hate for Shane Douglas. He was pretty solid, and an important part of ECW. Decent in-ring, charismatic, good promos, played a good heel, and was passable as a babyface back in the early 90s. He really wasn't terrible at all. I guess most of it is down to opinions being clouded by the off-screen stuff and him being a cock.

• Paid Members

My memory is awful, put a gun to my head and I'd have said Guerrero was in Revolution. Also, I never said Revolution were great, just that it's the only time I've been into Douglas - which, as you said, had a lot to do with Benoit (I was a bit of a Saturn mark in WCW too).

Anyway, I had no clue about Douglas' off-screen stuff when he was in his 'prime'. I just didn't think he was that good, decent promo but that's about it.

Greatest promo guy in the business, there, reading off a bit of paper during a Dirty Den style webcam session. Nice hat too.

I keep on expecting Douglas to appear on chat roulette with his cock out now :(

• Moderators
mystery member, who we never found out.

We did. It was The Wall. He beat Kidman in the final Triple Threat Theatre match. THE WALL IS THE FUTURE. CUT OUT THE CANCER!

• Paid Members
We did. It was The Wall. He beat Kidman in the final Triple Threat Theatre match. THE WALL IS THE FUTURE. CUT OUT THE CANCER!

Was that supposed to be who is was though? It was supposed to be a six man tag against the Filthy Animals if memory serves me right. But Russo got sacked on the morning of the show and there was a big re-write.

Either way, it couldnt have been worse than the Revolution winning a match at Starrcade for Jim Duggan to spit onthe flag or some shit, and then ... he just ... didn't! I've always thought that Hacksaw was supposed to be the one who turned and joined the Revolution. Considering Russo booked the exact same type of angle with Lance Storm and Hacksaw the following year. He seemed desperate to turn Hacksaw into an anti-American heel.

My memory is awful, put a gun to my head and I'd have said Guerrero was in Revolution.

I'm bad for getting that mixed up as well, i think a lot of it was down to the fact that when they considering leaving WCW Douglas managed to get stuck on as a fifth man trying to work his ticket with the rest of them however. WWE however had no interest in him and just wanted the Radicalz.

• Moderators

Was that supposed to be who is was though? It was supposed to be a six man tag against the Filthy Animals if memory serves me right. But Russo got sacked on the morning of the show and there was a big re-write.

Well, Triple Threat Theatre was meant to be Benoit vs Jarrett, and the six man with Revolution vs filthies. Kidman was the only member of the filthies who didn't ask for his release that day if I remember correctly so he went into the Triple Threat Theatre shite, and it'd make sense with the 3rd man in Triple Threat Theatre being the third man in revolution under original plans. That's the way I saw it, anyway.

In defense of The Wall, he wasn't too shite in TNA.

Archived