ECW is sort of back *POTENTIAL SPOILERS!111~*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

This is the best one yet:

apparently someone on Facebook had won a backstage pass to the show and they told him to wait near the front doors near the ticket takers and they would come and get him and then they never came back.

I imagine a million more stories will come out of this. Its amazing that 2000 people turned up to see it.

• Paid Members

How depressing is this show? The photo's are terrible and the no-shows aren't surprising. Sabu looks fucking terrible in that pic and I'm amazed people parted money for this shite.

ECW should have been left to die a long long time ago, instead of raping their supposed legacy.

Oh, and seeing raven in those pics (Arn Anderson comment was hilarious.) has only increased my hatrid of the man. He's got too high an opinion of himself and I don't get it.

Leave the memories alone!!! :(

• Paid Members

Fucking hell,

I dont mind the idea of these shows, i'd love to see some form of WCW version, its just that everytime a non related WWE 'ECW reunion show' takes place, its always a shite fest. It is expected, but i for one am always intrigued.

Bullshit matchups.

It's like booking a wcw reunion and then booking matches on the card like 'evan karagias vs lash lerou' and 'kwee wee vs hugh morrus'. Wouldn't pay a dime to see that.

If someone books a WCW tribute night with a card like that I'm going. WCW's midcard was awesome.

I don't know what's more depressing about all this, the photos, the fact that they think they matter or the fact that 2,000 people wanted to see it.

This sentence encapsulates this PPV better than a thousand dirtsheet reports and disgruntled Facebook comments ever could. It's genuinely sad seeing these guys shortening their lives for the sake of a couple of quid and that there are so many idiots who'll still pay to see it.

There's only one person who should be allowed to even contemplate an ECW revival and that's Heynan, because he would do it properly. Thankfully, he has the good grace to leave it alone.

If these people are so desperate for gigs, why not just form a promotion unconnected to ECW and hire young(er) guys from CZW and whatnot to make it more legit than this fuxking omnishambles and have decent events every month.

ECW needs to die.

As shit as this is, that's a ridiculous statement to make.

If I was a saggy, toothless AIDS-pump with nothing going for me but past glories, and a fine collection of shit-stained undercrackers, you can be sure as shite i'd be using the past glories to earn a few quid. Probably to buy some more pants.

Yes, they look fucking tragic in the process, but they've decided that it's worth it for whatever money they can make.

The real numpties are the ones who are paying for this rubbish. The 'wrestlers' are doing what everybody else in their situation would do.

• Paid Members
There's only one person who should be allowed to even contemplate an ECW revival and that's Heynan, because he would do it properly.

How would he do it properly? ECW's wrestlers are either dead, drug addicts, retired, working for proper promotions or completely knackered. What could he have done with this shower?

ECW needs to die.

Sad thing is most of these guys are more likely to die before ECW does.

Even if Shane Douglas died last night, you'd probably still get Sandman demanding Metallica gets played as he walks through the graveyard to Shane's grave, cracking a cold one over his head and then taking a singapore cane to his coffin. Only then the coffin would open, and The Zombie from SCIFIECW would come out and they'd have a match over Shane's ashes, fighting all over the graveyard. Balls would pick up the chairs they're sat on and start hitting the mourners, while Sabu would take one up a tree and pointlessly dive off it. Then you'd get various other guys like Chris Benoit and Louis Spicolli crawling out of the ground and joining in because ECW WILL NOT DIE!!!!1111!!!~!!!

Seriously, that'll happen. And it'd be the first sell-out funeral. Fucking ECW fans.

I imagine the reason they all do it is pretty simple - over 2000 people to sell your gimmicks/photos to is a far better pay-off than 200 people (which is about the average attendance for most shows this lot work on).

Whether the shows are shite or not (and they are shite) you can't argue really with why anyone would bother to put the show on if it outdraws pretty much every other US indie event of the year.

I agree that it makes a lot of them look like shit, and it does (to a degree) piss on any reputation the old ECW might have, but it's not really any worse than most old wrestlers going out there and having shit matches years past their prime. Hell, most wrestlers end up doing that really! Wasn't Greg Valentine taking the odd booking for backyard shows? What about the mighty Jake Roberts turning up pissed and still wrestling in front of 100 people to an awful standard seemingly every other week a few years back.

"Knackered old pro wrestlers have bad match years after their prime" is hardly a new situation.

Archived