ECW is sort of back *POTENTIAL SPOILERS!111~*

IANdrewDiceClay

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Was the Musketeer there?

Some of the comments from the Facebook page are worth sharing here.

No shows happen. Not having Sabu, Justin Credible, PG13, Rhyno and Tracy Smothers is a lot of no shows, but you can't blame the promotion for it.

I bet there was almost a riot when ECW superstars, and true legends in the sport... of professional wrestling, PG13, were announced as no-shows.

Show was almost a complete train wreck from the beginning, as it started late and the opening taped promo setting up the event had one slight problem: no sound. The weird run-ins and non-matches had the live crowd thoroughly confused at times. The production was maybe at a junior high level. Poor Jerry Lynn and Devon Storm were asked to "save this show" by the crowd, and amazingly they did just that.

SAVE US.222DEVONSTORM. PS, DO YOU STILL HAVE PRETEND ABS SHAVED INTO YOUR BELLY HAIR?

Kevin Sullivan and Tod Gordon made the worst run-in appearances ever!

Weird. What context could these two guys run in under that would make any sense in 2012?

FAN 1: i know the first masked guy during douglas' match was kevin sullivan, but who was the last one that distracted 2 cold scorpio?

FAN 2: tod gordon, original ecw owner

Oh.

who was that asian girl that flashed her tits from the audience during the other girls strip dance...also what was her name?

Now that's a show!

THIS SHOW WAS FUCKING AWESOME I BROUGHT MY 5 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER ND HER FRIEND ND THEY LOVE IT THERE STILL SAYING ECW ECW ECW ECW THANKS FOR A GOOD TIME ND A GREAT SHOW

I MEAN IT WASNT ALL LIKE IT WOULDA BEEN BUT HAV 2 LIL GIRLS SCREAMING MORE CHAIRS ND TABLES ND ECW ECW I THOUGHT IT MADE MY NIGHT I WILL AGREE IT DEF COULDA BEEN BETTER THO

ECW! ECW! ECW! MY KID AND HER FRIEND, WHO WERE BOTH BORN IN 2007, ESPECIALLY LOVED THE TITS AND BLOOD FROM GUYS WHO PROBABLY LOOK 150 YEARS OLD TO A 5-YEAR-OLD. OR A THIRTY-YEAR-OLD. ECW! ECW! ECW! JUST DON'T TELL MY EX HOW I SPENT MY ACCESS WEEKEND.

EXTREME SCAM IS MORE LIKE IT! IF I HAD KNOWN CZW HAD ANYTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH IT I WOULDA NEVER WENT TO THIS GARBAGE. ITS OK THOUGH JOKE WAS ON US THIS TIME JOKE IS ON YOU NEXT TIME CAUSE NOBODY IS GONNA TO TO THE JUNE SHOW IT WILL HAVE TO BE CANCELLED.

Jesus Christ, now I'm bloody livid! You don't mix the races like this. Keep extreme ECW - none of this CZW crap diluting the high art of a toothless Balls Mahoney staggering through a 20 minute weapon-fest with still-fat Axl Rotten.

The show was so bad, Ref John Finnagan looked us in the eyes and asked what do you guys think of the show, We sat kinda quiet and he then said No really be honest. So a few of the fans responded terrible, not good etc.

The Earl Hebner of Extreme was sad :'( Thanks a LOT, Franchise! :angry:

such a ripoff...had more fun paying 5 for the fan fest and the 100 for autographs more than the show....such a shame.....not a reunion at all...loved all the matches that didnt happen...always good to book druggies...justin UNincredible asked for $15 for gas money....wow.

From the look of him, he only would have spent that $15 on, well, a blanket for the doorway he sleeps in.

FAN 1: That could not have been any worse... Too much to write on a post what was so bad...

FAN 2: honestly, beating a fucking handicapped person set me off!!!...the rest of the show just went downhill from there.

So the high point of the show was the beating of a (fuckin') handicapped person?

ricky-gervais-golden-globes-host.jpg

"ECW! ECW! ECW! THANK-YOU FRAN-CHISE!"

Bonus (non-jokey and absolutely genuine) picture of where Sabu was at last night:

001.jpg

• Moderators

Because I used up all the quote tags in my other post, here's a F4W update from this fascinating show.

Sabu was rushed to the hospital this afternoon after being what police called intoxicated at his hotel room before the Extreme Reunion show. Sabu didn't appear at a fan convention before the show and people were worried.

Sabu was scheduled to face Shane Douglas in the main event. The story given was he had an allergic reaction to medication.

The show started 30 minutes late. We don't have other details other than the building was sold out with about 2,400 fans, making it probably the biggest indie show of the year in North America.

Justin Credible was kicked out from backstage after reportedly passing out.

It's 11 p.m. at this writing, fans are chanting "End the show." They have about an hour's worth of scheduled matches left.

Jerry Lynn vs. Devon Storm is stealing the show right now and turned the mood around, with "Thank You Jerry, Thank you Crowbar" chants.

Women in the crowd having been flashing their boobs.

Shane Douglas got in the ring and the natives wre chanting "refund" at him. Not exactly what you'd expect from a nostalgia crowd.

They are now ending the show with Douglas vs. Too Cold Scorpio, so apparently pulled some things from the show due to being late.

Douglas won when Tod Gordon helped him. Fans were throwing things at the ring at the end of the show.

Seems like a good way to spend time while waiting for a break in the weather is to paste more stuff. So here's the highlights of the show, ie all the funny stuff.

* The show opened with a video tribute to former ECW stars who have passed away, ending with Paul Heyman's speech after Louie Spicoli died, saying that "if you are part of the family of ECW, whether you are with us or not, you are I assure you, for life." I was told this was something a fan made in honor of the wrestlers who passed so they decided to play it. The crowd popped HUGE for most of the names. No Chris Benoit mention.

* They played the old ECW opening, followed by a backstage promo with Shane Douglas. Both had no audio so the crowd chanted, "Bullsh**." The crowd then entertained themselves chanting, "Yes!" Production turned everything off.

* Bob Artese came to the ring and asked who wants some autographed hats. He tossed them out. He introduced Larry Legend.

* Ruckus & Blk Jeez vs. The Dramatics. This is a dark match to test all the cameras and production.

* Cordova vs. Bu Ku Dao. I have no idea idea who these guys are. The crowd chanted, "F*** you both."

* The fans chanted "Joey Styles."

* Joel Gertner came out. Gertner got a monster pop and the crowd chanted, "Welcome back."

* The Final Battle: BWO vs. The FBI. Stevie Richards and The Blue Meanie came to the ring with Thomas Rodman, who was part of the BWO in the 1996-1997 era. No Hollywood Nova as Mike Bucci turned down the booking. FBI are Little Guido and Tony Mamaluke. No Tracy Smothers as he pulled out at the last minute, claiming he was done with the business. Luke Hawx came out to the ring and grabbed Stevie's leg.

* Al Snow vs. CW Anderson. After the match, Snow argued with the Head, called it a whore and attacked it with a series of elbows. He beat it into the buckles with the fans counting. Snow then nailed it with a superplex.

* Axl Rotten vs. Balls Mahoney Rotten then used a small kid's back covered in tacks on Balls' arm.

* Angel of The Baldies came to the ring. The crowd chanted, "Shut the f*** up." The Gangsta's music played and out they came to the biggest pop of the night. They trashed Angel. The angle didn't get over at all as the fans were chanting for "refund" and booing it after.

* Pitbull Gary Wolfe (with Christina Vicious) vs. Raven. Raven came out with a new Flock, including a legitimately crippled guy who called him "Cripple H."

"Enter Sandman" began to play and out came Sandman for his grand entrance. The Flock beat the crap out of Wolfe. Sandman entered the ring and caned the entire Flock. He was laid out and beaten with by a muscular guy in the Flock. Wolfe and the muscle guy brawled. Wolfe hit a sitdown slam and pinned him. Yes, Wolfe pinned someone not even in the match to win.

Raven said this was pathetic and he needed a new Flock. He walked out. Sandman caned the hell out of Criple H and then he and Wolfe drank a bunch of beers.

* Devon Storm vs. Jerry Lynn. There was a HUGE "Save the show" chant. The crowd chanted, "That was awesome."

* Shane Douglas vs. TBA. Shane Douglas came out. The crowd chanted, "F*** you Shane" and "Refund."

Douglas told the crowd that he works them, not the other way around.

Douglas said that unlike jackasses that lie to the fans, he will shoot.

Scorpio came to the ring with Bill Alfonso, who was brought in to manage Sabu as a surprise. So, that's our main event. The crowd didn't like what was going on and chanted, "This is bullsh**."

A masked man came to the ring. He entered the ring and went face to face with Douglas. Douglas told him to work over Scorp but instead he attacked Shane and unmasked, revealing Kevin Sullivan. Another masked man ran in. It was Tod Gordon. He hugged Scorpio. Shane hit a twisting sunset flip and pinned Scorpio.

• Paid Members

If Crowbar being the best thing on your show by a margin so high he gets "thank you" chants doesn't show how shit 9/10s of the ECW roster was, then I don't know what will.

I do wish they'd leave ECW dead and buried, and by 'they' I mean indy promoters, TNA, WWE etc.

No, by THEY you should mean the ECW guys who can't let go of their past and have some desperate need to drag themselves out of their cardboard boxes every so often and try to put on "nostalgia."

Fuck that shit. That's what DVDs and video games are for.

These guys lose my respect with every show they do. I mean yes, some of ECWs booking was fascinating, and yes there was some decent talent there, but I absolutely detest how they treat it like it was the best company in the history of professional wrestling. Most of the guys were shit then, they made no money in the business and have gone on to do absolutely NOTHING.

It's hard to have sympathy for guys who have put their bodies on the line like that when it's their choice to do so when they simply don't need to. It's why I don't feel sorry for guys that do stupid ass deathmatch shit either. That's not wrestling, and last night sure as hell wasn't either.

If a guy REALLY loved ECW and REALLY loved the fans then they'd stop raping the brand over and over and over, defecating on it from a great height every time they have the opportunity to earn some dollah dollah to put towards drink and drugs. Fuck ECW and fuck anyone who has anything to do with this shit.

• Paid Members
The Blue Meanie has just said the place is sold out on Facey.

Is this another Richie nickname thing or is this what people actually call it? Either way it makes me angry.

* Axl Rotten vs. Balls Mahoney Rotten then used a small kid's back covered in tacks on Balls' arm

A kids back...?

Say what you like about the show, but Axl Rotten swinging a terrified toddler,presumably in a John Cena shirt wondering why his dad's unemployed mates are playing wresters, at Balls to finish the match sounds pretty fucking hardcore.

If no one else is asking I will...Is there a torrent/rapidshare download'y link for the show yet?

PM it to me, if requesting for it offends anyone.

• Paid Members
We just wanted everyone to know that a technical difficulty was discovered with the original video / audio mixdown of the 4/28 Extreme Reunion iPPV VOD event that we've encountered, we regrettably must push back the premiere of the 4/28 iPPV VOD. We want to offer the highest quality product to you the customer, therefore please allow us a day or two to get technical, and fix the remaining issues to upload the best possible iPPV VOD Video Download as possible. ***If you would like a refund please email us at refund@extremereunion.net and we will be more than happy to accommodate your request --no questions asked!

HA!

• Paid Members
We just wanted everyone to know that a technical difficulty was discovered with the original video / audio mixdown of the 4/28 Extreme Reunion iPPV VOD event that we've encountered, we regrettably must push back the premiere of the 4/28 iPPV VOD. We want to offer the highest quality product to you the customer, therefore please allow us a day or two to get technical, and fix the remaining issues to upload the best possible iPPV VOD Video Download as possible. ***If you would like a refund please email us at refund@extremereunion.net and we will be more than happy to accommodate your request --no questions asked!

HA!

That's just to give them time to replace the whole thing with matches from 1995.

Archived