ECW is sort of back *POTENTIAL SPOILERS!111~*

IANdrewDiceClay

The Extreme Reunion promotion announced Axl Rotten fell asleep driving back home to Baltimore, and broke his sternum and eight ribs and is currently hospitalized.

Hopefully he makes a quick recovery.

from f4wonline

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to the man for acknowledging the event sucked. He makes it sound like it's an ongoing fed though. In what market?

Were people particularly complaining about his match though? I mean, sure, he's not great, but people were more pissed by the no-shows and drugged-out performers in the other matches.

Farewell then Franchise - it wasn't exactly a Ric Flair send-off, was it? Oh, wait...

Fair play to the man for acknowledging the event sucked. He makes it sound like it's an ongoing fed though. In what market?

Were people particularly complaining about his match though? I mean, sure, he's not great, but people were more pissed by the no-shows and drugged-out performers in the other matches.

Farewell then Franchise - it wasn't exactly a Ric Flair send-off, was it? Oh, wait...

I read the report in the Observer. It was supposed to be the start of a new promotion, they even announced another date at the end. The fans shit on most of the show and lost it when Douglas was kicking out of Scorpio's big moves. Somehow i think that second show will be a disaster.

• Paid Members

i saw an interview with Douglas prior to the show and he was talking about taking the promotion to all the old ECW towns and running it as a full-time promotion. To be fair, i think Douglas genuinely thinks he can sort of re-create ECW properly, he talks a good game but it seriously just aint going to happen. The majority of the guys he used were in their ECW primes 15 fucking years ago. It's just sad to see guys i genuinely had a lot of admiration for back in the day just shit on their legacies, they need to leave it go.

• Paid Members

This is Douglas' third crack at it now. It always ends up the same. The first show draws well and then it falls off a cliff to the point of hilarity. Anyone remember XPW ran by Douglas, headlined by Douglas and Lizzy Borden replacing Francine? Or the Hardcore Homecoming shows he took on the road? XPW was 10 years ago and he had the likes of Lynn, Candido, Sabu, New Jack, Kid Kash, Justin Credible (fresh of WWE TV) and The Sandman, coming off ECW just closing and they were drawing 200 people at the ECW Arena. Douglas needs to just give this up. Its failed miserably loads of times.

This is Douglas' third crack at it now. It always ends up the same. The first show draws well and then it falls off a cliff to the point of hilarity. Anyone remember XPW ran by Douglas, headlined by Douglas and Lizzy Borden replacing Francine? Or the Hardcore Homecoming shows he took on the road? XPW was 10 years ago and he had the likes of Lynn, Candido, Sabu, New Jack, Kid Kash, Justin Credible (fresh of WWE TV) and The Sandman, coming off ECW just closing and they were drawing 200 people at the ECW Arena. Douglas needs to just give this up. Its failed miserably loads of times.

Don't forget XPW had this man at the time:

01.jpg

Sad but true, the only way Douglas would get headlines in 2012 is if he killed himself :(

• Paid Members

To be fair, some of his last worthwhile promos were back in 1998 - some fourteen years ago now. Even then, they were considered shit against his (awesome) stuff in 1994/1995.

Archived