UFC 146: 'Dos Santos vs Mir' Thread

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah I fancy Nelson to win this.

I've got Lavar to KO Struve early, Cain to decision Bigfoot and Miocic to stop Del Rosario. And JDS by 1st round KO.

I can agree on most of this.

I think Cain will TKO Big Foot, despite thinking Cain is a bit overated I feel he has better boxing and will finish Big Foot.

Nelson I am also picking, I think Nelson will get Herman down and TKO him, Herman looked lost against Struve. Del Roasrio vs Stipe is a tough call, I will pick Del Rosario as he is a Muay Thai World Champ, but his long layoff may be a problem.

I think Struve will submit Lavar, as I feel Struve will get him down before Johnson can get anything going standing.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah thats a big reason why I'm picking Stipe. Del Rosario is coming off a layoff and a car crash. I hope he comes in in good shape cos I enjoyed his fights in Strikeforce and this could be a sleeper if they're both on their game.

• Paid Members

Watched the press conference. I quite like the new set up with the main eventers getting a seperate one on one bit.

dos-santos-mir_large.jpg

Can't wait for this now. I still haven't watched any of the Primetimes yet. Think I'll just leave it until Saturday afternoon now and watch all three together.

The prelims look outstanding. I wish they'd sodded off Mayhem/CB down to the Facebook bit though. I'm more interested in all 3 Facebook fights than that to be honest. Kingsbu vs Teixeira could be wild and I'm really intrigued by Sass vs Volkmann.

Got a feeling Hardy vs Ludwig is gonna be a bit of a stormer. Hardy's gotta know this is it now, if he loses this he's gone. They've already gave him more than his share of chances so this is one he can't afford to slip up on. I'm not sure how it's gonna go either, Ludwig's a far superior striker imo, but he's shown a bit of vulnerability in his chin before so Hardy has a shot at least. I'd expect Bang to come out on top if it stays on the feet though.

Got a feeling Hardy's gonna go for takedowns in this one. Ludwig's not much of a submission threat and his grappling has always been his weakness. In a fight like this where the 'W' is vital I think Hardy will take the path of least resistance. Whether it works or not remains to be seen but I can see it turning into a war one way or t'other.

I usually skip the prelims, but I will be watching them live on Saturday night.

I just hope the Carl Froch fight finishes so I can catch Glover's debut.

My heart says Hardy but my head says Ludwig, we will see how Hardy has progressed. Ludwig did get dropped by Jim Miller at 155lbs and has a TKO loss to journeyman Sam Morgan, so Hardy maybe able to do something on the feet, wishful thinking though. I will judge Hardy's takedowns and ground game when I see it, training with Mir has hopefully helped, its a step up from Nelson.

Mayhem and Hardy are the big draws, are they great or even very good fighters? Nope, but I am a massive fan of both, I have always disliked CB Dollaway, he is one who you look at and immediatly think he is a dickhead, he has a face you just want to smack. Again, I am skeptical after Mayhem looked like crap last time. He has dieted better for the weightcut so fingers crossed he can score a submission win with his underated ground game.

Barboza is a solid prospect and always entertaining, same could be said for Diego as well. Hope and think both will score highlight reel knockouts.

To me this is a mini-card in its self really. One that will have knackered getting up for the Grand Prix and Main Show whilst I eat my Sunday Roast.

• Paid Members

i think there's a good chance the facebook prelims might get an airing on the PPV this time out, there's a good possibility that the main fights are gonna end early. That's my hope anyways.

Some big prelims on this one, just watched the weigh-ins and I will be watching facebook and UFC.tv as well as the PPV.

Shame to see former WEC legend Mike Brown relegated to opening match status.

Will Dan Hardy be cut if he loses? Surely they can't keep him around with five straight losses?

I think Mayhem Miller is fighting for his job tomorrow too.

Will Dan Hardy be cut if he loses? Surely they can't keep him around with five straight losses?

I think Mayhem Miller is fighting for his job tomorrow too.

Without a doubt. 3 fights ago, Hardy fought the interim WW champ. Ludwig's tough, but they're trying to give him a win here. At least they would probably keep him in the Zuffa fold if he loses. Hardy vs. Daley or Marquardt would be fun. Anyone see Marquardt the other night on Strikeforce? Looks like a totally different guy.

Mayhem's in a weird spot. He's only had one loss to a top contender in Bisping, but his performance was that piss poor that he's definitely at risk losing here. If UFC hadn't spent resources promoting Mayhem through TUF, he wouldn't even get this fight. Going from the centerpiece of TUF and a main event to the prelims against Dollaway is still a hell of a fall from grace.

• Paid Members

oh yeh, Brown's had one of quickest falls from grace in MMA. Before the loss to Jose Aldo this guy was being talked about as a pound for pound fighter but it just all fell apart so quickly. Shame because the guy's best work seems to have been forgotten in light of his recent form added with the absolute domination of 145 by Aldo.

Brown's mentioned retirment a few times too which is never good going into a fight, if he loses to Pineda that might be it for him.

To be fair, Brown is 2-3 in his last 5, so his place on the card seems acceptable to me. What isn't acceptable in my eyes is the place on the card held by Jacob Volkmann. That dude is 5-0 in his last 5, with wins over fighters like Efrain Escudero, Danny Castillo, Ronys Torres & Paul Kelly.

He should be knocking on the door of a titleshot with that record, never mind fighting on the fucking Facebook segment of the card.

• Paid Members

Yeah Volkmanns becoming the 155 Fitch, hes on a real good streak but doesnt really get anywhere, I suspect, because he doesnt 'stand and bang'.

I dont think him slagging off the US prez and having the FBI coming to his house did him any favours either though.

Really looking forward to him and Sass. Its a tough step up for Sass because Volkmann will be tricky to catch a sub on. Im expecting a really good grappling match.

Yeah Volkmanns becoming the 155 Fitch, hes on a real good streak but doesnt really get anywhere, I suspect, because he doesnt 'stand and bang'.

Which is the one thing that still irks me about this sport. He's under the impression that if he loses tonight he'll get cut, which is simply ridiculous off course, but apparently that's what Monty Cox told him.

• Paid Members

That would be bollocks if they cut him. Hes only lost to Kampmann at 170 and unbeaten at lightweight.

On Mike Brown, yeah its crazy how his career has panned out. Pineda has looked outstanding from what ive seenn, possible a future star so this looks like theyre trying to build Pineda off a fading top FW champ. Its up to Brown to prove hes still relevant. Fascinating fight.

Archived