UFC 146: 'Dos Santos vs Mir' Thread

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh yeah, haven't seen this posted yet. They are still doing Primetime for this. I'm glad about that should be great. I didn't know they were going ahead with it until just now. Episode 1 airs tonight in the US so should be online by tomorrow.

Anyone seen any of this? I've got the first two episodes to watch tonight when I have time. I doubt it'll change my low opinion of Mir.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both episodes have been good.

Much better than Jones vs Rashad, which I had no emotional connection with. Mir comes across well, but I still want JDS to knock him out. How anyone could dislike JDS is beyond me, what a nice guy and a exciting fighter.

I'm not a Frank Mir fan, just comes across wrong to me in interviews mainly. I will say Frank Mir deserves credit coming back from the motorbike accident, getting himself back in shape because he looked physically bad in his first few fights back, the first man to stop Big Nog and the first man to submit Big Nog. I also like Frank Mir's commentary.

• Paid Members

Frank Mir is a shoe-in Hall of Famer already, but if he win's Saturday night he'll go down as one of the most decorated heavyweights ever, only the second guy to win the title 3 times, and when you consider the distance between the reigns it's a pretty amazing feat.

I've been one of Mir's biggest critics over the years, he has some glaring holes in his game and he's suffered some horrible defeats and at one point looked on the verge of retirement so to be where he is now is amazing, no one can deny that.

Probably the single-most devastating submission fighter of all time. I still think he's gonna get knocked out on the weekend but if there's one thing you can never do in MMA is count out Frank Mir.

• Paid Members

Who's everyone fancy in the Nelson-Pee Wee fight?

Roy has gone from being a guy considered a deceptively technical fighter to being seen as MMA most lovable punchbag in the space of 2 years, it's been a weird fall from grace because Roy's probably more popular than ever. I think it's time for Nelson to go back to basics, get Pee Wee down and try taking that path of least resistance for once. Pee Wee is a dangerous guy for a round but the longer it goes it should play into Nelson's hands. I'll have Nelson via late sub if he fights smart.

I'm not sure who I'd pick in the Herman/Nelson fight if I'm being honest, but I have a feeling that a loss for Nelson (1-3 in his last 4) could spell the end of his UFC stint.

I don't think his record is really that important at the moment as 2 of his last 4 have been the fighters main eventing this card and he managed to go to a decision with both of them

I'm not sure who I'd pick in the Herman/Nelson fight if I'm being honest, but I have a feeling that a loss for Nelson (1-3 in his last 4) could spell the end of his UFC stint.

I don't think his record is really that important at the moment as 2 of his last 4 have been the fighters main eventing this card and he managed to go to a decision with both of them

That may be the case, but I always get the feeling that Dana is just looking for a reason to cut him. I don't think he's impressed by him at all.

• Paid Members

I usually wouldn't say it, but i hope CB Dolloway pulls the upset here, Miller's just annoyed me since he's joined the UFC and i think he's come off as pretty disrespectful towards Dolloway going into 146, is it safe to say Miller will be gone if he fails to perform here?

He's a dick in the interview too.

Frank Mir is a shoe-in Hall of Famer already, but if he win's Saturday night he'll go down as one of the most decorated heavyweights ever, only the second guy to win the title 3 times, and when you consider the distance between the reigns it's a pretty amazing feat.

I've been one of Mir's biggest critics over the years, he has some glaring holes in his game and he's suffered some horrible defeats and at one point looked on the verge of retirement so to be where he is now is amazing, no one can deny that.

Probably the single-most devastating submission fighter of all time. I still think he's gonna get knocked out on the weekend but if there's one thing you can never do in MMA is count out Frank Mir.

It will be one of the biggest MMA comebacks ever considering where he was in his first few fights after the motorcycle accident.

Who's everyone fancy in the Nelson-Pee Wee fight?

Nelson wins by TKO in the second round. As for predictions of the other main card fights: dos Santos TKO's Mir in one round, Velasquez wins by TKO in the second round against Big Foot, Miocic by decision over del Rosario and Johnson by TKO on Struve in one round.

• Paid Members

Yeah I fancy Nelson to win this. Herman's best chance is early and if JDS couldn't stop Nelson and some of the knees Werdum landed couldn't drop him then I don't see Peewee bringing anything better. You never know cos he's got power but I'd be a tad surprised. Nelson should defo grapple though. It's his biggest asset he'd be a fool to ignore it. Especially in this fight where it could be the deciding factor.

I've got Lavar to KO Struve early, Cain to decision Bigfoot and Miocic to stop Del Rosario. And JDS by 1st round KO.

I echo the credit to Mir despite not being able to stomach him. His ground game is awesome, I can appreciate that. And its clear he's worked hard to improve other areas over the years. I also loved his WEC commentary too. It's just him I don't like. He will get in the HOF though. Deservedly so for what he's done in the UFC, even if some of his wins aren't as great in reality as they look on paper. Its a great story like him or not.

I usually wouldn't say it, but i hope CB Dolloway pulls the upset here, Miller's just annoyed me since he's joined the UFC and i think he's come off as pretty disrespectful towards Dolloway going into 146, is it safe to say Miller will be gone if he fails to perform here?

He's a dick in the interview too.

Say what you will about Miller, but he's legit when he's got his head screwed on straight. He shouldn't have too much problem dealing with Dolloway if he's at the top of his game.

Archived