UFC 146: 'Dos Santos vs Mir' Thread

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Yeah it's a hell of a card top to bottom. I touched on it in the opening post i think but we really have undersold it with all the talk of the main event. Literally every fight on the card holds at least some interest for me. There's not one fight thats just there to me. Defo feels like 2 cards in one night, the prelims could easily be an FX or FUEL card on its own. Looking forward to Sass fighting, it's a tough step up for him fighting Volkmann and I hope he passes the test. Pineda's also stepping up fighting Mike Brown which could be a great fight. Aside from that I can't wait to see Barboza and Brandao again and Teixeira's long awaited debut. Hardy vs Ludwig should be a crowd pleaser as well. Gotta be the last chance for Hardy. Seriously looking forward to every fight from the first prelim to the main event.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah Struve's gotta get this to the ground no doubt. It's the same thing though, he'd have been fucked standing with Hunt aswell so this is no different. Both have dynamite fists and suspect grappling so it's the same problems he's been training for at least. Got a feeling Lavar will put Struve out though. Struve doesn't seem to learn from getting KO'd very well and comes out to strike again next time anyway. That will end badly for him here, he needs to do anything he can to make it a grappling match. Even pull guard if he has to but don't piss about standing.Hunt vs the winner makes sense when he's back. Hunt vs Lavar would be lovely.

Mark Hunt's injuredStefan Struve will now face Lavar Johnson at UFC 146

The one fight on the card I didn't want changed. Noooo!Also, really hate that Lavar is in. Really don't like him as a fan of both Beltran and Barry, and he's clearly one-dimensional. When Pat Barry gets a near submission on you, you know your ground game sucks, and he came from Strikeforce with a 2 fight losing skid by submission. Picking Struve with the sub here.

• Paid Members

The one fight on the card I didn't want changed. Noooo!Also, really hate that Lavar is in. Really don't like him as a fan of both Beltran and Barry, and he's clearly one-dimensional. When Pat Barry gets a near submission on you, you know your ground game sucks, and he came from Strikeforce with a 2 fight losing skid by submission. Picking Struve with the sub here.
Lavar's one dimensional, but he's exciting to watch. I think he'll take out Struve.

Lavar's one dimensional, but he's exciting to watch. I think he'll take out Struve.
Struve is susceptible to the KO, and likes to trade, but I'd like to think when the opponent has such a strength there and such a glaring weakness elsewhere, that Struve would go elsewhere. He worked his submission game against Barry and came out successful, so hopefully he follows that idea. If he doesn't have it on the ground inside the first 3 minutes though, he's fucked.

Archived