UFC 146: 'Dos Santos vs Mir' Thread

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Talk on the supposed 'Mayhem Incident' from MiddleEasy.

When CB Dollaway did his post-fight interview with Joe Rogan, Mayhem slowly walked to the back of the Octagon and rested his arms on the top of the cage. His head was hung pretty low, so Mark Munoz and Ryan Parsons consulted him inside the cage. They eventually walked out and Mayhem Miller had an 'incident' before the post-fight medical check-up with one of the staff members working at UFC 146. Apparently when Mayhem walked backstage after the bout, he sat down against a wall, probably reflecting on his fight with CB Dollaway. Someone backstage (not sure if it was MGM or UFC staff) asked Mayhem to 'clear the path' and get out of the corridor. Mayhem either didn't hear him or simply was wrapped-up in his own thoughts to care. The staff member then tried to pat him on the back in order to encourage him to move. It's rumored Mayhem Miller quickly got up, yelled at the staff member and then kicked over a table. A few UFC employees questioned why he did it, and apparently he got in a verbal altercation with them. At the post-fight screening, Mayhem starting yelling at CB regarding the decision and threw an object at him. Dollaway continued to sit down and get checked out by the doctor. Mayhem then went into the locker room, gathered his belongings and left the MGM Grand Garden Arena. The UFC couldn't even contact him for his post-fight quote. Nothing physical happened, just mayhem. It's also apparent that Mayhem Miller was on his way out of the UFC if he lost at UFC 146, this incident didn't cause him being cut from the promotion. We also talked with CB Dollaway after the fight, and he still seemed pretty heated after the backstage verbal exchange. We'll post the entire interview later today on MiddleEasy.

If it's true then he'd an idiot. Didn't he say before the fight that if he didn't beat Dollaway, he'd retire? Sounds like him having a tantrum after realising he couldn't talk his way out of it. His UFC run has been garbage. He'd be better off staying in the entertainment world.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice show. The only way your gunna ever going to take JDS down is use the Chael approach and just go for it CHARGE and keep charging.

I doubt that approach would work to be honest, as he's far too skilled a boxer and grappler to fall prey to such a tactic.

• Paid Members

I think JDS has a good chin. He's took big shots pretty much flush on the chin from Carwin and Nelson and his expression never even changed at all. He took some clean shots off Yvel and Cro Cop too and same thing so yeah, I'd say his chin is pretty solid.

Nice show. The only way your gunna ever going to take JDS down is use the Chael approach and just go for it CHARGE and keep charging.

I would say Mir tried that last night at the start and he did not succeed.

Cain does have a chance to take him down, he is a better wrestler than Mir and even Carwin. Cain was scary last night, enough so where as I am not confident JDS will beat him again, as much as I would love him to.

Both of them are leaps and bounds ahead of the rest, maybe Cormier is near and perhaps Overeem, but for me we saw the top 2 heavies prove their worth last night.

• Paid Members

I'm thinking Cain takes the rematch. Nothing really got started in their first fight and Cain was caught early out the blue. Not saying that can't happen again, but I do favour his overall skill set and athleticism. I agree though, they do seem to be miles ahead of anyone else, outside of Cormier possibly. I wonder what shape we'll see Overeem looking when he finally returns too.

• Paid Members

I'm pretty much 50/50 on JDS vs Cain 2. I'd probably give Cain a slight edge actually, like Silky said he got caught early so really there's still the same questions to be answered. At the same time though, JDS must hold a bit of a spsychological edge after their first fight and he could well repeat that result. Fascinating.

I'd pick them both to beat Reem. He'd obviously have a shot but I'd favour both to finish him.

I'm pretty much 50/50 on JDS vs Cain 2. I'd probably give Cain a slight edge actually, like Silky said he got caught early so really there's still the same questions to be answered. At the same time though, JDS must hold a bit of a spsychological edge after their first fight and he could well repeat that result. Fascinating.

I'd pick them both to beat Reem. He'd obviously have a shot but I'd favour both to finish him.

Wasn't Cain and JDS injured in there first fight?

Wasn't Cain and JDS injured in there first fight?

Yeah, both were injured. If it wasn't the first ever FOX card it's very likely the fight would have been delayed to a later date,

I was suprised at how good the main card was. Mir looked like a bit of a bum in that fight, he needs to drop some of the weight though. I think Mir tried that one takedwon and just gave up after that. I know JDS has excellent takedown defence, but you're not going to sub a guy if you don't at least attempt to take him down and get the sub. I'm kind of gutted that Mayhem lost because I do like him, even though he definitely had a problem with his knee. I do think Mayhem hid the fact he was so badly injured so he could carry on wih the fight, but it was another awful performance in the end.

• Paid Members
Mayhem should have stopped Dollaway, he had him rocked twice but dove in and allowed Dollaway to grapple and recover, he did that with Jake Shields he should have learnt his lesson. Credit to Dollaway in the third frame he destroyed Mayhem in that round. Shame Mayhem has to go, but its his own fault.

Am I the only one who thought that Mayhem fucked up his knee midway through the 1st frame? He seemed to collapse on it when throwing something in the first, and after that he simply couldn't seem to get up. Dollaway didn't even attempt to finish the fight 90% of the time they were on the ground, he just lay there.

do you watch fights on mute? that's all Rogan talked about during the second half of the 1st round.

Archived