The Food Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I don't think there's any food I don't like with the exception of brussel sprouts and green cabbage, though I could eat them if I had to. Every other bit of food in my local supermarket I would eat.

I never liked Gin until just a few years ago. My family all drink it but I couldn't take it at all until a holiday a few years ago when I tried it a few times and persevered. Now I love the stuff. Drink is similar, I'll drink anything and everything, not keen on white rum though.

Went through phases with tomatoes of them making me wretch and loving them. Ditto with Cucumber. Am firmly in the loving camp for both at present after previously shunning them for years. Tinned New Potatoes are just and will always be fucking rank though :thumbsup:

I wouldn't touch a courgette for years, except for cutting it when my mum done stir frys but I had it in my stir fry last sunday for a change and loved the taste and crunch of it with the other ingredients. Also wouldn't do sweet chilli sauce for a long time but can't get enough of it now, mixed through a bowl of rice served with southern fried chicken

I turned 30 the other week, and I have only just discovered that I like brown sauce. I am now in love with it, HP Guiness brow sauce is amazing. I can't see me ever eating a pork pie without brown sauce now, and i am quite gutted I thought I didn't like brown sauce for so long.

Anyone else discovered a food they thought they didn't like later on in life?

That's so weird, save has just happened to me with brown sauce, although I still prefer tomato or BBQ. I liked it as a kid, and then for whatever reason just decided I didn't like it any more, and only just tried it again a week or so back.

• 5 weeks later...

A Papa Johns has just opened near me. I seem to remember a few people on here saying it was a superior pizza place in comparison to Domino, Pizza Hut etc. Is that right?

• Paid Members
A Papa Johns has just opened near me. I seem to remember a few people on here saying it was a superior pizza place in comparison to Domino, Pizza Hut etc. Is that right?

I had one once, thought it was quite shit. I'm not all that mad about pizza, though, so my experience is limited.

• Paid Members

On the brown sauce front, never been a fan. Few years back, someone suggested i try 'steak sauce' while out for dinner in the states.

Did so, liked it. My mate who was out there with me tried some and said "Oh, it's brown sauce".

On another note, was on holiday in Tunisia a few months back and fell in love with Merguez. Fucking delicious, although admittedly not especially pleasing on the eye

800px-Merguez_sausages.jpg

Edited by saxonsqb

• Paid Members

Merguez is great - there are several local halal butchers near me who sell it. Perfect with couscous.

Info for anyone in London or going to be in London over the weekend: HYPER JAPAN, the big Japanese cultural event, is going to be on at Earl's Court from Friday to Sunday. There's a section for Eat-Japan, the food magazine which, unsurprisingly, deals with Japanese cuisine in the UK. There's going to be a sak

I'm a big Pizza fan and its my preferred pizza from the major chains. I really recommend it and the dough is really nice on the deep pan.

Follow the facebook they have decent deals like buy one get one free on pizzas with a free tub of ben and jerrys.

On the topic of pizza. The asda make your own pizzas are a right bargain. 14'' plus four toppings with a base of your choice for 3.50 Really nice aswell. I'd recommend the stonebaked base

Edited by Twinn

On the topic of pizza. The asda make your own pizzas are a right bargain. 14'' plus four toppings with a base of your choice for 3.50 Really nice aswell. I'd recommend the stonebaked base

This, love the Asda pizzas. Prefer a 10" deep pan with ham, chicken, pepperoni and bacon and occasionally garlic or chilli oil

I'm a big Pizza fan and its my preferred pizza from the major chains. I really recommend it and the dough is really nice on the deep pan.

Follow the facebook they have decent deals like buy one get one free on pizzas with a free tub of ben and jerrys.

Oh no, papa johns pizza is far inferior to the other brands. Just so greasy. And it comes with a pot of garlic butter with barely any garlic to dip it in. I've had a few decent pizzas from there, but dominos and pizza hut are far better.

• 2 months later...

Indomie Mi goreng pedas

Owing to my almost comical addiction to instant noodle products, my sister brought me various packets of foreign branded noodles back from her trip to Manchester at the weekend. I had a packet of Indonesian noodles for dinner today, and they were (as far as instant noodles go) fantastic.

32-pasta-009.jpg

Indomie Mi goreng pedas: Very nice indeed

I