Mark Henry due to leave WWE?

Snitsky's back acne

Pro Wrestling Torch reports Mark Henry may be on his way out of WWE.

On the December 12, 2011 episode of Raw, Henry pulled his groin during a match against John Cena. Testing done during the week revealed that the injury was more severe than was originally believed. The majority of WWE's creative forces wanted to give him an easier schedule for a few weeks to let the injury heal. Vince McMahon, however, was described as being less than sympathetic to Henry's plight and decided to have him lose the World Heavyweight Championship to Big Show the following week at TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs. McMahon didn't think Henry should have taken time off to heal and pushed him to continue making his scheduled dates. This has led to frustration on Henry's part.

Henry's contract with WWE is set to expire this year and the Torch says that tension could have led him to not renew, thus explaining why he's losing the majority of his television matches.

• Paid Members

I was actually just about to post about Henry in the 'Mania thread. I was wondering why they've suddenly decided he is a JTTS, even with an injury.

Anyway, Henry won't leave. He's been through much worse (shit sandwiches, Mae Young, trannys etc) than losing a few matches.

• Paid Members

Would be ironic that after all those years of trying to push him out, when he finally fulfills his potential, he walks out on them.

The way they've booked him the last couple of weeks suggests a rift, I reckon. It's been senseless.

Hopefully it's all just bullshit speculation.

I've been happily proven completely wrong about Henry over the last year, where a combination of his own strong work and a refreshingly consistent push has turned Mark into one of the best things in WWE.

They'd be complete idiots to waste all that hard work. His current TV treatment is very short-sighted as it is.

• Paid Members
I've been happily proven completely wrong about Henry over the last year, where a combination of his own strong work and a refreshingly consistent push has turned Mark into one of the best things in WWE.

They'd be complete idiots to waste all that hard work. His current TV treatment is very short-sighted as it is.

Yeah this is pretty much my view on it too, after years upon years of him being possibly my least favourite guy on the roster he's really turned around my view of him. But it's often a problem with the type of push he was given in that as soon as he was cleanly beaten a couple of times he lost a lot of the momentum and fear factor that his character needed.

• Paid Members

Everything involving Mark Henry from when he put Big Show through the announce table up untill he lost the title last year has been fucking fantastic. It's a real shame if true, he was having brilliant matches and intense exciting angles every single week. The man just put in a spectacular performance. Ever since he lost the title it's no coincidence my interest in Smackdown has waned considerably.

This is bullshit.

• Paid Members
Everything involving Mark Henry from when he put Big Show through the announce table up untill he lost the title last year has been fucking fantastic. It's a real shame if true, he was having brilliant matches and intense exciting angles every single week. The man just put in a spectacular performance. Ever since he lost the title it's no coincidence my interest in Smackdown has waned considerably.

This is bullshit.

Agree with pretty much all of this. Him winning the title last year was arguably my moment of the year in wrestling, it was brilliant.

Yeah this is pretty much my view on it too, after years upon years of him being possibly my least favourite guy on the roster he's really turned around my view of him. But it's often a problem with the type of push he was given in that as soon as he was cleanly beaten a couple of times he lost a lot of the momentum and fear factor that his character needed.

Which was my point in a thread a while back in another thread which turned into a debate on if I was just trashing him because I'm not a fan (I'm not) but anyone would've been the same after this push (see Khali, Umaga etc) but apparantly that trend wasn't enough of a fact.

He said in an interview not too long ago, 3 months max, that he has no plans to leave any time soon as he feels as good as he ever had done. I know he's had a couple of injuries since then, but none of them have put him away for longer than a few weeks, so I think the Pro Wrestling Torch might be telling a bit of a fib there. Hopefully he will be feuding with Sheamus after Wrestlemania over the title, that's what I'd like to see.

It's a crying shame if right, Henry has been an absolute beast for the last 12 months, beating snot out of all and sundry, something could really get into and was doing allround great.

If he hadnt have got injured, I'd have loved a returning Kane and Henry beat lumps out of each other to see who was the biggest monster on the way to mania,(seeing as Henry put Kane out in the first place iirc) with a couple of 2 vs 1's or even 3 vs 1's squash jobs on the way as they trade on who can fuck the most wrestlers up, on the way. Given that Kane is laying waste to all and sundry after his programme with Cena, the battle of two behemoths, culminating with an epic match at mania to see who is the most destructive, would have been most excellent.

Archived