NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Christ, that Emma is a bit of infectious viewing. Her entrance music is crap, her am-dancing thing is fucking weird and her name is just 'Emma'- but I couldn't stop watching it all. And it takes a lot for me to sit down and watch a match from start to finish these days, especially bloody women's wrestling. She's quite entertaining.

Ā 

Ā 

Only recently realised she is Tenille from Shimmer.

Christ, that Emma is a bit of infectious viewing. Her entrance music is crap, her am-dancing thing is fucking weird and her name is just 'Emma'- but I couldn't stop watching it all. And it takes a lot for me to sit down and watch a match from start to finish these days, especially bloody women's wrestling. She's quite entertaining.

Ā 

Ā 

Only recently realised she is Tenille from Shimmer.

Ā 

She is indeed (both Tenille and infectious viewing).

Ā 

NXT is generally doing okay by the women to be fair. Usually they get given a fair amount of time to have a match, they get promo time and the chance to show a bit of character. Summer Rae is fantastic, Paige is one of the most over wrestlers male or female on the NXT shows and Emma's 'Join the Emmalution' clueless-putz gimmick is fun.

Ā 

....and there were those news sites reporting that HHH had no time for womens wrestling not that long ago! Pah!

• Paid Members

Seriously, I can't get her (Emma) fucking theme out of my head. And whenever I sing it in my head I want to do that weird arm dance thing. If she had the platform Fandango had, she would've stormed to the top 10 of the UK charts.

You're not alone. I was doing the weird arm dancing thing myself this morning. Aussies's are great at being "not cool".

Ā 

What sticks in my mind too is her cross body splash into her downed opponent in the corner! Love that move~

• Paid Members

Emma's a lot of fun yeah. I liked her slightly Kristen Wiig-esque awkwardness at the beginning of her promo on the last episode too.

Ā 

I'm actually really nervous about Bray Wyatt being called up. I love it when a wrestler is completely immersed in their character, and with Wyatt every second on screen is full of little touches and mannerisms that your more mediocre wrestlers never quite seem to pick up. It's the same qualities Mark Henry has developed slightly later on in his career during his ascent to becoming fucking excellent.

Ā 

With Wyatt obviously the promos are magic, but on top of them I love that the whole act is so complete. The way he absolutely hurls himself into opposite corner before going for his running splash, the unpredictable and erratic shifts in intensity, his odd movement around the ring, the trash talk, the dancing, the forehead kiss... everything. My favourite bit from his Yoshi Tatsu squash was Wyatt doing his pre-match stretches and bending over backwards so he could stare at Yoshi upside down. Such a simple five second thing but it adds another little layer of batshit mental to the character.

Ā 

I'm not entirely sure what I want to see him do on the main roster but I'm definitely invested in it and I will be gutted if he's not successful.

Edited by JLM

I thought that match was OK, but was struck by how believable Summer Rae is as a heel. Her walk down the ramp, gestures to the crowd, referee, and opponent between moves and her intensity doing the moves - I can see her fitting in to the current WWE roster nicely.

Ā 

After seeing her at Sheffield last night, accompanying Fandango to the ring, we can add being a bloody good dancer to her list of qualities. :love:

• Paid Members
Emma's a lot of fun yeah. I liked her slightly Kriste Wiig-esque awkwardness at the beginning of her promo on the last episode too.

Definitely, and Renee Young played her part in that interview very well too (if it's the same one I saw on YouTube).

• Paid Members
Did anyone else spot Martin Stone in the Lumberjack match? He seemed really out of place there, I am expecting him to be on a plane home soon.

I'd forgotten he was even there to be honest. Has he even got a name generator name yet?

Yep. Danny Burch.

Did anyone else spot Martin Stone in the Lumberjack match? He seemed really out of place there, I am expecting him to be on a plane home soon.

I'd forgotten he was even there to be honest. Has he even got a name generator name yet?

Yep. Danny Burch.

Ehh, not bad actually. Sounds like they nicked it from Layer Cake or equivalent.

Emma's a lot of fun yeah. I liked her slightly Kristen Wiig-esque awkwardness at the beginning of her promo on the last episode too.

Ā 

I'm actually really nervous about Bray Wyatt being called up. I love it when a wrestler is completely immersed in their character, and with Wyatt every second on screen is full of little touches and mannerisms that your more mediocre wrestlers never quite seem to pick up. It's the same qualities Mark Henry has developed slightly later on in his career during his ascent to becoming fucking excellent.

Ā 

With Wyatt obviously the promos are magic, but on top of them I love that the whole act is so complete. The way he absolutely hurls himself into opposite corner before going for his running splash, the unpredictable and erratic shifts in intensity, his odd movement around the ring, the trash talk, the dancing, the forehead kiss... everything. My favourite bit from his Yoshi Tatsu squash was Wyatt doing his pre-match stretches and bending over backwards so he could stare at Yoshi upside down. Such a simple five second thing but it adds another little layer of batshit mental to the character.

Ā 

I'm not entirely sure what I want to see him do on the main roster but I'm definitely invested in it and I will be gutted if he's not successful.

Ā 

I feel the same way. It's a shame that Fandango has seemingly taken his finisher even though it makes sense, him being a dancer and all that. Hopefully he'll put his own twist on whatever else they give him.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Moderators

I've not seen the match in question but to be fair to him, I'm not sure I've ever seen lumberjacks during a lumberjack match manage to look purposeful.

Ā 

What was he doing wrong that made him stand out to you?

Emma is awesome. She's hot but comes across as enough of a geek that you'd fancy your chances if you saw her in a pub. NXT has some great women right now.

Ā 

One thing that annoys me in WWE is the way women are only given a first name. Just really bugs me for some reason