NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Ā 

The could have just silenced all mics except his. His bit and stephs were both unnecessary

Ā 

Ā 

They may have been a bit unnecessary, but I don't blame either of them for wanting to milk just a little bit, how proud they are of what their developmental fed has become. NXT essentially exists as Hunter's dry run for when he has total control over everything, so I bet he's fucking over the moon with the audience they've been able to cultivate to the point where they can run the Barclays and tour the UK off their own bat. Fair play.

I get him being proud of it, but he's a heel on main tv. Love me on Nxt / hate me except when I tell as shit joke on raw. Be proud from the back.

• Paid Members

Ā 

Ā 

The could have just silenced all mics except his. His bit and stephs were both unnecessary

Ā 

They may have been a bit unnecessary, but I don't blame either of them for wanting to milk just a little bit, how proud they are of what their developmental fed has become. NXT essentially exists as Hunter's dry run for when he has total control over everything, so I bet he's fucking over the moon with the audience they've been able to cultivate to the point where they can run the Barclays and tour the UK off their own bat. Fair play.

I get him being proud of it, but he's a heel on main tv. Love me on Nxt / hate me except when I tell as shit joke on raw. Be proud from the back.

Ā 

NXT is an alternative reality from the main WWE show. NXT characters change when they go to the main roster (theyā€™ve forgotten Nevilleā€™s first name was Adrian).

Apologies if somebody already mentioned this but having just watched Triple H's intro to Takeover on TV, I bet he was pissed off with how it turned out.

Ā 

He came out ten minutes before they were scheduled to go live, made the UK tour announcement, and then explained that he had this cool idea to start the live show. He wanted all of the crowd to be completely silent, the spotlight would just be on him in the middle of the ring and after his short speech the lights would come up to reveal a sold out crowd who would then go mental.

Ā 

He went through the plan THREE times, explaining the importance of everyone being quiet. Even going as far as to say "I know you're all pumped up so get it out of your systems now" and paused while everybody cheered.

Ā 

But as it happened, I could hear around me odd shouts of "CM PUNK!" and "ECW!" and other cutting edge comments, followed by people yelling "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" twice as loud as the people already shouting.

I was right at the back of the arena and hoped they hadn't picked much of it up on TV. But having just watched it, it was a huge letdown.

Ā 

Ā 

Getting Wrestling crowds, particularly super smart ones that would want to go to aĀ NXT show, Ā to behave like you want them to is nigh on impossible these days.Ā Ā  See Reigns, Roman.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Trips did well to get what he got from them.Ā Ā 

Edited by Doctor Whos Next

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

NXT is an alternative reality from the main WWE show. NXT characters change when they go to the main roster (theyā€™ve forgotten Nevilleā€™s first name was Adrian).

If that's the case then why were Naomi and Tamina in the front row cheering on Sasha during the Women's title match?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Paul Heyman was a heel on WWE TV, but loved by ECW fans. And besides HHH is a tweener, he rotates between face and heel depending on who he is dealing with.

• Paid Members

Am I right in thinking that Sasha, Becky and Charlotte are now off to the main roster full time? If so where does that leave the women's division? Dana isn't anywhere near there level even if they want her to be. Emma is good in the ring but I just don't buy her as a top heel. Of course that could change. It sort of feels like Bailey is left with no one to feud with.

• Paid Members

Did anything ever surface video wise from the NXT panel from Summerslam weekend?

I surprised that didn't air on the network to be honest. Seems like it's a waste seeing as it's happening anyway and they were selling tickets to it.

Ā 

I had a gander through YouTube a couple of days back briefly and didn't notice any vids.

Am I right in thinking that Sasha, Becky and Charlotte are now off to the main roster full time? If so where does that leave the women's division? Dana isn't anywhere near there level even if they want her to be. Emma is good in the ring but I just don't buy her as a top heel. Of course that could change. It sort of feels like Bailey is left with no one to feud with.

I know there were rumours in the last few days that Sarah Stock (TNA's Sarita) had been, or would be, signed. So that's a good experienced talent to add to the mix. Also rumours of Athena, an indie talent i'm unaware of, being signed. So i think they're looking to add some more experienced women to the division alongside the likes of Carmella, Dana, and Eva. Then they still have Alexa and Bayley, plus Blue Pants. Who are all pretty capable. So i think the division will pick up again after a temporary lull. Then again, Owens got called up and continued to work NXT, so it's possible Sasha, Charlotte, and Becky will be around for a little while yet. Sasha is owed a rematch wither way.