NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Bates' tattoo is atrocious. I don't mean the work itself as I haven't seen a close up of it. But it just looks so out of place. Don'tĀ understand getting your first tattoo on an area like your hand.

Ā 

Odd choice. Most tattooists would have turned him away.

Best match I've seen in a long long time that UK title match. Crowd were super hot for it too. I'm sure McGuiness at one point in the match said both men have a decade of experience.. Wouldn't that mean Tyler Bate has been wrestling since he was 9/10?

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

I'd love to know what anyone saw in Nikki Cross though. Can't act, can't wrestle. Why is she there? Every aspect is crap.

Yeah I've thought very little of her in NXT. Ā Reading forums and FSM she had a glowing reputation from a lot of people coming into NXT, and maybe fully deserved, I barley saw any of her indy work so can't comment. Ā But she has been so underwhelming in that gimmick. Ā Totally overplays the character. Ā She was grinning like fuck as soon as Asuka won which was odd to see. Ā A bit like the Bray Wyatt gimmick in that its all these odd actions on screen but none of them make sense, or have any meaning and motivation, or lead to anything.

32 minutes ago, bbabba said:

Yeah I've thought very little of her in NXT. Ā Reading forums and FSM she had a glowing reputation from a lot of people coming into NXT, and maybe fully deserved, I barley saw any of her indy work so can't comment. Ā But she has been so underwhelming in that gimmick. Ā Totally overplays the character. Ā She was grinning like fuck as soon as Asuka won which was odd to see. Ā A bit like the Bray Wyatt gimmick in that its all these odd actions on screen but none of them make sense, or have any meaning and motivation, or lead to anything.

She's supposed to be insane ('Sanity'), which is why she grinned when Asuka won.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

I love that in 2017, when everyone is throwing themselves headfirst into the apron, my favourite spot of the year is Tyler Bate's Super Fast Airplane Spin. That was awesome.

Completely agree again. That was fantastic.

• Paid Members

Just watched Bate VS Dunne. Yeah, not really much to add to be honest- it's probably edged Dunne VS Mandrews (UK Tournament) as my MOTY thus far. Absolutely superb, they have fantastic chemistry. I wonder how many snowflakes this gets from Big Dave? Probably a 4.75, losing 0.25 due to 'didn't happen in Japan' tax. Pissed all over Omega/Okada.

• Paid Members

"Judas by Fozzy is the theme of NXT Takeover: Chicago"

Ā 

"Here's Kevin Owens to watch the main event of NXT Takeover: Chicago - and look there's Sami Zayn sat separately"

Top subtlety by the NXT crew there.Ā 

Really good show. The crowd weren't dickheads. Nigel McGuinness is vastly improved as a commentator for 4 months in the WWE system, and if he talks too much, it's better than Petrified Percy.

Gutted that Hideo Itami didn'tĀ step up but even his match had a great finish.Ā 

Bate vs Dunne definitely joins my MOTY list, especially for WWE bouts.