The UKFF's 50 Favourite Films 2012 - The Results!

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I'm not surprised to see Star Wars make the list so high, but I still don't get why people love the films so much, outside of nostalgia. They're watchable, but they're not that good. They also have arguably the most annoying and repulsive fanbase of any film franchise.

• Paid Members

The most likable fanbase is the Rocky one though. Has anyone ever broke the ice by talking about the Rocky films? Its happened at school and with new jobs. Everyone loves Rocky. And if you love Rocky, everyone will love you. I'm thinking Rocky I is the next one up, Rocky IV will come in at number 2 and top spot will be Rocky III.

Clubber Lang kills an old man by shouting at him

I have to disagree there. The push from Thunderlips in the charity bout is what killed him. The fucker was purple for the next 30 minutes of the film. Mickey was the walking dead until Clubber Lang got in his face. Hogan never gets any credit for his part in the death of Mick.

He started the film off looking like this:

2788949459_6fd45fe10a_z.jpg

He saw this:

thunder.jpg

And he ended it looking like this:

Rocky3-8.jpg

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

• Awards Moderator

I've never seen any of the Rocky films. Or at least, not that I can remember so if I did watch any of them as a kid they can't have made much of an impression. Are they actually good, or do you lot like them for nostalgia reasons? I'd never seen Commando until it popped up in this list, but that was horseshit when I tried to watch it the other day.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

I only got round to watching the Rocky films for the first time a few months ago. Basically this is my verdict -

Rocky is really good, but drags on a bit.

Rocky II isn't as good but is still watchable.

Rocky III was my favourite one. It has the most going on.

Rocky IV is a great montage, but a shit film. Best bad guy out of the lot though.

Rocky Balboa was actually the only Rocky film I'd seen up until watching the rest on DVD. I went to the cinema to see it and really enjoyed it.

I only got round to watching the Rocky films for the first time a few months ago. Basically this is my verdict -

Rocky IV is a great montage, but a shit film. Best bad guy out of the lot though.

Rocky Balboa was actually the only Rocky film I'd seen up until watching the rest on DVD. I went to the cinema to see it and really enjoyed it.

Good to see you completely avoided Rocky V.

• Paid Members

Good to see you completely avoided Rocky V.

Honestly it's because it's the only one I haven't seen. I could have pointed that out but thought it'd be more appreciated if I just left it out.