The cookery thread

Philo_Vance

• Paid Members

20 min meal, fucking wonderful and was the first proper meal I learned as a student from a house mate.

* Use noodles or rice, your preference. Add chicken or beef strips if you like.

I use Aubergine, Squash, garlic leeks, variety of peppers, carrot, peas, spinach, garlic and white onion. Teriyaki sauce, oyster sauce, rice vinegar, soy.

Aubergine & squash - Small cubes (pop in oven)

Finely chop some garlic leeks, garlic, white onion, peppers (sweet and hot), and grated carrot. Start frying in rapeseed in a wok. Add your meats after browning off onions.

After 15 mins of frying, add Aubergine and Squash to the wok and add some frozen peas.

Now add 2 teaspoons of teriyaki, oyster sauce, a cap full of rice vinegar and a tea spoon of soy. Add spinach.

Done

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Tip for when you've got left-over roast beef:

Normally, it can be quite dry when you re-heat it in the microwave, so put some gravy in the pan (leftover is best, but make some fresh if you don't have any), and put the beef in it. Heat it up slowly on a medium heat, and you end up with some nice, juicy meat, and some gravy that's had a bit of extra meat juice cooked into it.

• Paid Members

Thanks for that, will track it down.

Also, try this stuff - I recommended it to Houchen before. Also makes everything taste amazing (gives baked beans a BBQ-type flavour without being too sweet):

dunns river.jpg

• Paid Members

Here's a good little Mauritian recipe for using up leftover mash, if you're fed up of Patrick pie or cheesy mash.

A little oil in the frying pan, put in a big spoonful of garlic and ginger paste (if you remember my prepping post from before). Chuck in a dried chilli (you can use fresh, though), a chopped tomato, some chopped onion, and some thyme (if you can get it fresh, a couple of small sprigs will do).

Fry those on a medium heat for a while, until the paste has cooked, the onion has softened, and the tomato has softened even more, breaking down into mush.

Once the whole thing's a bit mushy, chuck in the mashed potato, and grind in a little salt and pepper. Shift it about to heat it up, and fold it over and over until it's all mixed with the tomato/garlic/ginger/onion, and there you go!

Mashed Potato toufé.jpg

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members

Searched around 30 pages and can't find that amazing looking pork belly recipe from a while ago. Bought pork belly to serve at the weekend and wanted a great way to serve it that was a little different and thought that asian recipe would have been a great way to do it. Anyone able to find it or have I been an idiot and overlooked it on my search?

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Bettencourt said:

Searched around 30 pages and can't find that amazing looking pork belly recipe from a while ago. Bought pork belly to serve at the weekend and wanted a great way to serve it that was a little different and thought that asian recipe would have been a great way to do it. Anyone able to find it or have I been an idiot and overlooked it on my search?

The search function here is a bit poor. I used this one a few years back though, did rice instead of salad, But worked well enough https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/sticky-pork-belly-vietnamese-style-salad-smashed-peanuts?amp