WWE TLC 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see why people loved HHH/Nash. It was heated as fuck, and unlike so many ladder matches, the focus was on intensity and brutality, and both guys looked like they wanted to hurt each other badly. I thought it was a bit TOO slow at times. Of course, that can be excused, but I still thought the main event was better. Still, it's a quality match.

Opener was decent. Fucking HATED Rhodes/Booker. The divas surprised me a wee bit. I liked the storytelling in the chairs match, which made me pissed off when Show won with the right hand, after basically negating every bit of his offense because of his injury. The tables match felt like every other one on one tables match I've watched. Swagger vs. Sheamus was just kinda there, as was the tag title match.

It was a bit of a flat show most of the way.

I can see why people loved HHH/Nash. It was heated as fuck, and unlike so many ladder matches, the focus was on intensity and brutality, and both guys looked like they wanted to hurt each other badly. I thought it was a bit TOO slow at times. Of course, that can be excused, but I still thought the main event was better. Still, it's a quality match.

Opener was decent. Fucking HATED Rhodes/Booker. The divas surprised me a wee bit. I liked the storytelling in the chairs match, which made me pissed off when Show won with the right hand, after basically negating every bit of his offense because of his injury. The tables match felt like every other one on one tables match I've watched. Swagger vs. Sheamus was just kinda there, as was the tag title match.

It was a bit of a flat show most of the way.

Rhodes/Booker was bizarre, Booker was a step off for most of the match which was of course explained away because of the attacks from earlier. Question is which came first, did they know Booker would have trouble keeping up and booked the attacks around that? Or was the plan to deliberately have Booker look rusty and had the attacks be part of the reasoning?

• Paid Members

I'm glad WWE are finally realising The Miz doing tough guy is naff. He's great at the cowardly heel role (as seen during his excellent feud with Lawler), hopefully they get him back to that stuff.

I agree on the Booker hate. I'm not as down on him as others, but his sell job throughout was awful.

I've had a day or so to let my initial excitement about Nash/HHH wear off, and now that it has, it was STILL FUCKING BRILLIANT.

It was so good, it made me angry how shit some of the ladder matches have been over the last ten years. Okay, not shit, but basically just well produced spotfests. Michaels/Jericho from No Mercy sticks out like a sore thumb as being the only exception to the other previous 100 cookie cutter big spot garbage ladder matches. Even MITB has deteriorated year on year from the well paced and cleverly booked original.

They were fucking super smart in how they worked it, and more than anything, I BELIEVED it. So did the crowd. I loved how much the fans would nervously gasp as Nash was a bout to lay a big move in on HHH, then they would cool them and heat them up again. As somebody else commented, a great team effort in saving that buggered Pedigree spot at the end too. A fabulous match, one of my favourites of this year and for me personally, light years better than Wrestlemania.

Kevin Nash and Triple H - where Wrestling Matters.

Superb PPV, despite the filler. The lower the expectation going in, the better show. Same with WWE everytime.

Henry's loss...

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish...e10022382.shtml

WWE star Mark Henry is nursing an injury that is said to have led to him dropping the World Hvt. Championship at Sunday's TLC pay-per-view. A source described the injury as a pull in the groin area, and noted that it was suffered during his match against John Cena during Monday's Raw. Testing done during the week revealed that the injury was more severe than was originally believed.

Powell's POV: The majority of the creative forces in the company wanted to give Henry an easier schedule for a few weeks to let the injury heal. However, Vince McMahon is said to have made the call to book the title change and was described as being less than sympathetic regarding Henry's injury.

We'll have some very interesting additional details on this breaking news story in the Dot Net Member exclusive audio review of WWE TLC later tonight. You can listen to all Dot Net audio on the ad-free version of the site by signing up for membership via

Fucking gutted.

Mark Henry injured what a shame.

Could someone please ban this complete fucking shitarse?

Really liked the show, although not seen the main event yet. Match of the night for me was easily the opener, but I enjoyed everything to some degree. Booker's performance wasn't that great, but to be fair he's rarely worked long matches in the past few years. Nash/HHH was better than I thought it would be, and fair play to Nash for his great selling and that table bump. Not as in love with it as some of the old man and muscle fetishists though.

Edit: Sucks about the injury to Mark Henry, hope it's nothing that will keep him out too long. Henry/Bryan at Mania could be something pretty special, or even a three way with Show as well.

Nash/HHH was definatly match of the night, the likes of PWG and ROH could learn a thing or two from Nash and Hunter about telling a story within a stipulation match. NEWM's thoughts on the match were also very well made, just thought I'd give him some props.

• Moderators
Henry's loss...

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish...e10022382.shtml

WWE star Mark Henry is nursing an injury that is said to have led to him dropping the World Hvt. Championship at Sunday's TLC pay-per-view. A source described the injury as a pull in the groin area, and noted that it was suffered during his match against John Cena during Monday's Raw. Testing done during the week revealed that the injury was more severe than was originally believed.

Powell's POV: The majority of the creative forces in the company wanted to give Henry an easier schedule for a few weeks to let the injury heal. However, Vince McMahon is said to have made the call to book the title change and was described as being less than sympathetic regarding Henry's injury.

We'll have some very interesting additional details on this breaking news story in the Dot Net Member exclusive audio review of WWE TLC later tonight. You can listen to all Dot Net audio on the ad-free version of the site by signing up for membership via

Fucking gutted.

Mark Henry injured what a shame.

Stop being such a fuck-awful poster.

An absolutely cracking PPV from start to finish. Even the backstage "comedy" moments, weren't that offensive. I want a Rosetta stone Ebonics pack.

A predictable, but welcome win for Ryder opens up doors for Ziggler going into 2012. Genuine feelgood moment and hopefully the use of genuinely popular and believable mid carders from now on.

T'was the first time I'd seen Primo and Epico go, and they were pretty good too. Thought they were going to job Bourne out re: drugs, but I'm glad they didn't.

HHH/Nash was good, not amazing, but good. I suppose making an "on a pole" match good is a feat in itself. If that was Nash's last match, then fair play for putting over his friend hard in what could be HHH's last few months as an active wrestler too (should this rumoured double retirement stip at wrestlemania happen). Also seeing an injury prone 50 year old man fall off a ladder through a table is pretty impressive too.

Went through the divas match at x4, it didn't look terrible, just the same match the two of them have had all year.

Swagger and Sheamus was not offensive, but the time could have been used better. I guess they are trying to keep Sheamus relevant and over, but this could have been done better with some build up. But no biggie. Actually I can see Sheamus winning the rumble given this push, but that would presumably depend on a healthy Mark Henry winning back the title.

Tables match was reasonably good for its duration. Same old from Orton though, sick of the "out of nowhere" RKOs now, and this one didn't even look good. Would rather have seen Barrett go over, but Orton has done his duties enough over the past few months.

A real shame about Mark Henry, hope he isn't off screen with this injury, and he can pick up where he left off before Wrestlemania. I guess it necessitated a cash in from D Bryan, but why on Big Show? The same act turned CM Punk heel when he cashed in on Jeff Hardy winning the title, but it doesn't seem like that is the direction they are going with Bryan. I'd rather not see a face/face feud with Big Show and Bryan, nor do I want to see another Big Show heel turn. Presumably Show hasn't got many more years left in the ring, and he plays the old timer face role well.

Wasn't really a fan of Rhodes/Booker at all. The attacks from behind have been happening all month, so why continue that? There's nothing left storyline wise to drag this out til the next PPV now. Rhodes should have just won clean, and Booker could have mused over whether he wanted a rematch for the next month, whilst being taunted or something.

The TLC match was match of the night for me by some distance. Everyone had a good showing (especially Ricardo - what a bump!), and I was completely buying Punk losing when he was handcuffed the second time. Del Rio seems to have his best showings in these multi man/gimmick matches. It was fast paced, exciting, but not just a spot fest. Behind Cena/Edge (and probably Flair/Edge) my favourite TLC match.

• Paid Members

The finish to the HHH and Nash match was simply brilliant. I got so excited by Nash begging off by offering up the Kliq gesture. Proper storytelling.

I have no idea where Nash fits into the WWE landscape now, but I hope to God he is given the opportunity to stay on TV. I still can't quite believe that as we head into 2012, Kevin Nash is the best thing on a WWE PPV (I'm not complaining).

I watched this one by myself. At some point, I remembered I had some Buds and San Miguels in my fridge so got myself tipsy watching it. Watching wrestling tipsy turns me into a mark. Very good PPV.

Before I was tipsy, I thought that Ryder/Ziggler was very good. For all my Ziggler slating, he's done the things that I said he should be doing and because of that I actually saw a bit of what people mean about him being a future top guy. The problem is he was great in the opener. I wouldn't move him from where he is. Someone else said this, but it is great to see a few young guys on the rise. Rhodes, Ziggler and Ryder. I think that Ryder needs to work on his selling and making the audience feel sympathetic for him though.

Tag match was alright. A lot of stuff was very loose like whips into the corner.

Nash vs. HHH was really good for what it was. I'm a massive Triple H mark though. He's put on a bit of weight but I reckon he'll be burning some of that in time for Mania. Fuck me, if it happened to be Triple H vs. Taker in a career vs. streak match I'd spontaneously combust.

The divas match had me laughing. Beth Phoenix was clearly audible. "You got the time? You got the time?", "You ready, Kel? Let's go, Kelly". "Go, go!"

The TLC was well worked. Considering I didn't have much interest in it before the bell started, it came off big by the end.

WWE seem to do a great job of delivering their critically acclaimed shows in front of crowds that will appreciate it. Like MSG always has a good event, they delivered a great one in MITB in Chicago and you could sense the crowd for this event was a good 'un and they delivered again. It also seemed the crowd might have been mostly smarks and the results appealed to them too.

And yes, I think they're testing the waters for how a PPV fares without Cena on the card or Cena advertised. Interesting times. Good year on PPV for WWE. With the network and one of the biggest Manias in years on the horizon and young guys on the brink of doing something big 2012 looks like it's going to be great too.

About his match with HHH last night Kevin Nash tweeted: "Thanks Paul, nice to end it with someone I love."

The word backstage was that last night's match with HHH was it for Nash as an active wrestler on the roster.

That really irritates me. I'm not usually one to say anything anti hhh, in fact I'm probably the only guy on here who loved his wrestle mania 19 match vs booker t, but I can't shake off this feeling that he shoe horned his way into a match vs Nash, and effectively stole a big money match that should of been punks.

Am I being ott?

Archived