WWE TLC 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Loved the main event. Punk looked like a star, Del Rio looked like a brutal bastard and Miz just looked like a prick. I hate this idea that story telling needs to be done in slow motion as I keep seeing on here. Those guys played all their parts really well and everything they did made sense.

I ruined Daniel Bryan winning the title for myself. I always skip Mark Henry's matches and just watch the replay at the end to see if they give him a big power spot. (Which to me makes Henry is just a spot monkey.) Really interested to see how they go with Bryan now

What a mental thing to say, especially following that first comment.

(I was almost baited into a rant, but I can't be arsed with it. Not worth the energy, but I just wanted to highlight the stupidity of it).

I don't think he was being serious with the spot monkey comment, and whats wrong with him skipping a match? If he ain't interested, he ain't interested.

Fair enough if it was an attempt at humour. Didn't come across that way.

It was humour. But there was a point in it that the only difference to a few years ago is he now has a good push and a few highlight reel power moves. I thought it was cool to hate people who just rely on moves to get pops out of the audience?

Not to mention his facial expressions are the worst, he looks like a muscular child with a beard. His promos seem forced and I am always worried he is about to start crying

• Paid Members

My two cents:

Alberto Del Rio was a fucking beast in that main event. What a delightfully vicious bastard. Great great match. It contained all the contrived ladder match spots but thankfully they set them p in a way that they didn't feel contrived like they usually do and the shit they did inbetween the spots was violent enough that that it wasn't just spot-spot-spot. CM Punk has really stepped up to be an amazing main event babyface. Poor Ricardo though. Ouch.

I really enjoyed Barrett/Orton and found some of the table moments quite tense. Barrett is doing great things these days. I'd like Shaemus to win the belt at WM and then go on to a brutal fued with Barrett for the title over the summer of 2012.

Nash/HHH was really good and if you don't think so...you are a buffoon. Great ending. Nash's big elbow on the outside was a thing of beauty. The match was also great at getting over Triple H as a nasty man you don't want to get on the bad side of and knows all kinds of ways to hurt and torture you...which will work perfectly in the story of his probable match against The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

More tag teams please. Epico & Primo are a good start.

• Paid Members

Before I actually got to watch the PPV I saw a few nominations in the awards forum for Nash/HHH as MOTY so I guess I went into the match with elevated expectations and as such I didn't leave thinking that it was better than good or possibly very good. That being said, it was much better than, prior to the nominations thread, I had originally expected it had any right to be. The storytelling was spot on but for me the pace just seemed to be a little too slow at times and as such it pulled away some of the excitement; HHH/Taker seemed to combine a brilliant story with a better pace, and just seemed to generally be more dramatic, but of course that was on a much grander stage. It was a high quality, believable war between two bad asses but it just lacked, in my opinion, that little bit extra that would make it better than HHH/Taker and Cena/Punk. I think I'll watch it again though to see if I missed something

As a whole, the PPV was good fun, but up until the last few matches it felt like this was going to be one of the best events of the year and then it just simmered down and died off a little bit

• Paid Members

I think the Shaemus/Swagger match just thrown on the show and the high placing of Rhodes/Booker killed off some of the shows momentum. If the IC match was earlier in the night and the Shaemus/Swagger match was scrapped the overall show would have had a much better flow.

Alberto Del Rio was a fucking beast in that main event. What a delightfully vicious bastard. .

I thought that too. Del Rio looks like one of the toughest bastards on the roster and the match really got him over as more brutal. I really enjoyed the use of the ladder in the arm bar finisher he does and I always like it when he uses a chair aswell. I'm a big fan of the guy hes brilliant in the ring and has a great look I just hope they tweak his character abit and come up with some more stuff for him. I'd also like to see Ricardo used more he was brilliant at TLC.

I skipped Swagger/Sheamus really couldn't be arsed with it. I didn't mind the promo before hand from Sheamus though but I find Swagger dull in general. I'd have preferred Teddy Long to come to the ring give away some copies of the Marine 2 and fuck off again.

• Paid Members

I think there has been a SLIGHT overreaction to Nash v HHH, but it was about 105 times better than I expected it to be. Shame about the Pedigree botch but I don't expect any match to be perfect so I didn't mind that so much. It's just a shame the build-up to the match had been so poorly done otherwise I think as an event it would have mattered a lot more. Really good, though, and Nash's bump through the table was hugely impressive. Not one of the matches of the year, for me, but it was very good indeed.

Whatever plank said it was a 'bit slow and deliberate' needs a shoeing, though. THEY ARE NEARLY 100 YEARS OLD BETWEEN THEM. They're not going to be busting out planchas, are they?!

Otherwise, the event was okay but plodding. The tag title and Sheamus matches were pointless and it was a shame that Henry's injury made his match one of the most unexciting world title changes I've ever seen. Hopefully Bryan's cash-in will lead to a heel turn. I'm pleased for him because I do like him but what goes after this matters more to me than him actually winning the title.

The women's match was just as awful as expected. The world didn't need Phoenix v Kelly 28. Just release Beth Phoenix, she's just terrible. Kelly tries the best she can with limited talent, but Beth's supposed to be the 'wrestler'. How come she looks completely uncomfortable in everything she does, then?

Ziggler v Ryder was okay but I didn't want Ryder to win especially, I wanted Cena to interfere and inadvertently cost him the title. Ziggler sold the finisher brilliantly, though. Orton v Barrett was a cracking match and I'm glad Barrett has gotten rid of his stupid cloak.

The main event was a really good match. I like the booking of Punk as being able to win against all the odds. Ricardo Rodriguez shouldn't be taking the biggest bump in the match, though.

Overall, not bad, but not one of my favourites of the year.

• Paid Members
Whatever plank said it was a 'bit slow and deliberate' needs a shoeing, though. THEY ARE NEARLY 100 YEARS OLD BETWEEN THEM. They're not going to be busting out planchas, are they?!

I know it's probably not directed at me but just to clarify when I said it was a bit slow at times, I obviously didn't mean that we should be seeing the equivalent of Rey v Sin Cara, and of course I'm taking into account that Nash is fucked; like you say, it needed better build-up and with that build-up it would have injected more drama and personally that would have been the difference between good/very good and great, but that's a small grumble.

• Paid Members

I know it's probably not directed at me but just to clarify when I said it was a bit slow at times, I obviously didn't mean that we should be seeing the equivalent of Rey v Sin Cara, and of course I'm taking into account that Nash is fucked; like you say, it needed better build-up and with that build-up it would have injected more drama and personally that would have been the difference between good/very good and great, but that's a small grumble.

I don't think it was you. It was probably Dingo Warrior or some Billy Bibbit like that.

Ziggler v Ryder was okay but I didn't want Ryder to win especially, I wanted Cena to interfere and inadvertently cost him the title. Ziggler sold the finisher brilliantly, though. Orton v Barrett was a cracking match and I'm glad Barrett has gotten rid of his stupid cloak.

It's not a cloak, it's a jacket! A brilliant jacket. And it'll be back when he's stopped shilling his t-shirt.

• Paid Members

It's not a cloak, it's a jacket! A brilliant jacket. And it'll be back when he's stopped shilling his t-shirt.

Look, don't start this again!

• Paid Members

Maybe he could start wearing a hybrid coat/jacket/t-shirt combo to keep his fellow Brits happy. If only he knew the arguments he was causing here :(

Oh and I thought Ziggler/Ryder was a cracking opener; fast paced, exciting and the crowd were well into it. Ziggler did indeed sell the finisher like death, but the ending seemed slightly anti-climactic. The after match celebrations made up for that though

I watched the event today and enjoyed it throughout, I did skip the divas and Sheamus/Swagger match mind. The main event was great, all three guys had a good innings and the handcuff to the ropes spot was brilliant and the crowd erupted when Punk loosened the rope. I enjoyed Bryan's cash in, I hope to see a good run and plenty of mic time coming his way to build his persona. Ryder finally has his United States Championship and had a great match with Ziggler, the Big O and Ryder's Dad at ringside celebrating was a great moment. Barrett and Orton both looked like tough bastards in their table match and I hope we haven't seen the end of their programme. I'm not going to rewatch Triple vs Nash again in a hurry but they had a good match together and it can't be ignored that they add a lot to WWE by being part of the current product.

I felt that this rounded off a great year for WWE, compared to last year's TLC event which saw Cena kill off his nemesis we got to see a show full of elevated superstars and legends such as Triple H, Nash and Booker all putting a good shift in. A great show.

Archived