WWE TLC 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

Really enjoyed that PPV, can't do more than echo some of the sentiments already said by others. Nash and HHH proved all the know-it-alls wrong by once again using emotion, history and storytelling to make up for limitations and by god it worked (the odd moment aside). And by that I mean I was worked, and I'm happy to be as well. Of course idiots like Dingo Warrior will shit on it because he's a twat; there's always going to be those stage 2 smark idiots who judge a match by how many finishers can be kicked out of during the shine.

Other than that, pleased that Ryder got the win, going in he really had to with the way the fued had built up; his Dad's reaction was legendary, and I know that was partly for the next episode of his webshow but there was definite real pride in that man's eyes.

Orton/Barrett was a really really good match, I'm glad that WWE have stopped halting matches for blood as Barrett's gash (by that I mean his cut, not his fanny) looked nasty at first but stopped bleeding quite quickly. I do think they need to maybe leave the "Orton catches opponent from top rope move with RKO" finish for a while, it's getting overused and might end up losing it's impact. Good psychology throughout, Barrett comes out of this with his upper mid-card place solidified and destined to progress up to a semi-main event star of Miz' and Del Rio's level within the next 12 months.

Main event was good, loved Ricardo's bump; his inclusion in Del Rio's gimmick was a real masterstroke in the planning stages; I don't think his character would have been as rounded without Ricardo's inclusion.

D.Bryan : World Champion was good, I'd rather Henry got to retain until Mania but the injury has meant plans change. is a reward for the good indie fans. If he loses it tonight on RAW, that's one in the eye for the bad indie fans. Bryan now gets a new dimension to his character being champion (and in due course former champion) and they may do nothing with it (see Swagger, Jack) or they may use it as a way to begin building him to the next level (see Punk, CM) but I'm glad they've done it and not had him cash in and lose.

People moan about him not being a credible main eventer, and he's not, not yet anyway but that doesn't mean he shouldn't get the belt. The belt is a prop and as such it doesn't always have to be held by your top top guys. Of course you have to protect it's prestige in the eyes of the fans, but Bryan winning the title over a beaten down Big Show doesn't harm it. HHH held the belt before he became a true main eventer. It took his feud with Mankind to cement him at that level, Punk held the belt twice before he was cemented as a main event player this year by Cena (and of course by himself and the Chicago crowd). It wasn't winning the belt that made Austin a main event player, it was the match and the feud with Michaels. In none of these cases was the belt the thing that made them main event players that the crowd believed in.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Good PPV, but to suggest Nash and HHH had match of the night is ridiculous.

What was then? Or are you just happy to contribute white noise?

Fuck off Bristep, that's what was.

Good PPV, but to suggest Nash and HHH had match of the night is ridiculous.

What was then? Or are you just happy to contribute white noise?

Fuck off Bristep, that's what was.

Awh poor TripleA asked to justify an opinion or actually give some reasoning for just blankly calling someone else's 'ridiculous'.

You really are the best poster on this forum, I sincerely mean that.

• Paid Members

Thanks. I'm glad you think so. I feel quite guilty though now you've said that because I barely even recognise you're on here, so for me to be one of your favourite posters on here is quite something. I just wish I had any opinion on you at all to return some sort of compliment, but I don't.

For the record, the US title match and main event were leagues ahead of the HHH match.

Thanks again.

Fantastic way to end a great PPV year standard wise for WWE.

Whilst the Nash/HHH match was good, I got much more into the Main Event & the US title match.

Speaking of the US title match, it was pretty much as close to the 'feelgood moment of the year' as you can get when Ryder won the title - love him or hate him, you can't deny the guy didn't deserve that moment. Ziggler's bumps are just superb, they're the best in the business right now no doubt.

Delighted to see Bryan as Champ, can't see it lasting long but I hope they give him a decent platform to build on.

As someone who was really into TWC back around 2003, I'm really pleased to see that the current champions are CM Punk and Bryan Danielson. I haven't watched WWE since WrestleMania, outside of Z! True Long Island Story, but it's good to know guys I enjoyed have made the big time.

Thanks. I'm glad you think so. I feel quite guilty though now you've said that because I barely even recognise you're on here, so for me to be one of your favourite posters on here is quite something. I just wish I had any opinion on you at all to return some sort of compliment, but I don't.

For the record, the US title match and main event were leagues ahead of the HHH match.

Thanks again.

I admit our interactions have been limited since you bumbled around in the mafia threads, so it's only right that you have no opinion of me. I just want you to actually contribute to the discussion, as opposed to calling things ridiculous then vanishing again.

For the record though, I agree that the US title match and the main event were better technically, as was the Tables match however the Nash/HHH match told the best story throughout the match.

I liked when Ricardo got a face full of what looked like diced carrots. Nash's fall through the table was beautiful as well.

If you'd told me a year ago that I'd see Nash fall off a ladder through a table at the end of 2011 on a WWE PPV, I'd have tried to sell you some magic beans then told you to fuck off. Glad to be wrong, god bless Nash.

That was a really good show. I found it far more entertaining than Survivor Series and probably most PPV's this year (taking the whole show into consideration, not just main events).

Ryder's win was very well done. Ziggler is so good in the ring these days that a loss to anyone will be forgotten by his next great performance. Ryder's dad going nuts made me smile. Great result - about time too!

Tag match seemed alright, didn't pay a super amount of attention if I am honest.

Trips and Nash had a quality match. Could have done with being in a different city perhaps, as it felt a bit like a lot of the crowd didn't understand all the backstory between their characters, and thus they were a bit dead in places. Regardless, a very well-worked match between two of wrestling's smartest guys. Told probably the best story in a Ladder Match since the Jericho/HBK match in 2008.

Wade and Orton had an OK match. Wade puts me to sleep a bit, so I had no interest in this going in, but it was fine and PPV worthy. Saw the finish a mile off though.

Show and Henry had a pretty shit match, but understandable with the injury situation. I fucking loved the cashing in afterwards though. I'm a huge Bryan fan so it was cool to see them actually give him the belt, and not make him a failure just for the sake of it. Crowd popped huge for the title win and it felt important. The hard work starts now though for Bryan and WWE!

Cody and Booker was ok. I really liked the finish sequence - last minute or so was very hot. I imagine it'll be them again next month. I can handle that. Glad Cody kept the title.

Main event three way was much better than I expected. The handcuffs spots were clever and original, all three worked their arses off (4, with Ricardo) and the result was another super-heated match. Punk still has his detractors on here, but month after month he gets a great reception and reaction during his matches every time. Likewise, Miz and Bertie drew solid heat throughout the match. Good match, correct finish.

Yeah, pretty big "Thumbs Up" from me. Makes a change! More like this please.

• Paid Members

Big Dave is all a rage on twitter

Left a comment this morning along the lines of

"excuse me! did i hear that right? Daniel Bryan World Heavyweight Champ. ummmmmmm.....ok."

apparently some people got the wrong idea, Big Dave being the calm and rational man that he is decided it would be wise to pump out a massive rant on the internet:

"so to clear up any misunderstanding about me hating on Daniel Bryan...actually i've been a supporter of his for years,unlike most of you Johnny come lately smart mark supporters. we actually had a hell of a match together that was originally supposed to be a squash match until this old broken down ex bodybuilder who never deserved to be champion and only had it handed to me because HHH was my boy...refused to job the kid out because i knew how good he was and wanted to have a fucking match with him before i left the company. and a hell of a match we had considering where our respective places in the company were at the time. so yes im aware of all of his accomplishments and hard work through out the years and i'm thrilled to death for him....but still...World Heavyweight champ???ummmmmmm...ok. opinions are like assholes. my Twitter account,my opinion. and to all the bitch ass haters who just dogged me out and bitched about how horrible i was.....i've worked with HHH, the Undertaker,Rey Mysterio,Randy Orton Stone Cold,Edge,John Cena,Chris Benoit,Ric Fucking Flair!!etc.etc.. and they all respected me and my work. Eddie Guerrero respected my work. so don't expect your little bullshit remarks to actually carry any weight. in your bitch ass faces!! "

Have to love Batista. Judging by his latest twitter pics, he looks in superb condition, easily could see a return from him.

Figured it'd make more sense putting it here with the obvious spoilers it had.

Archived