WWE TLC 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

Ziggler v Ryder was okay but I didn't want Ryder to win especially, I wanted Cena to interfere and inadvertently cost him the title. Ziggler sold the finisher brilliantly, though. Orton v Barrett was a cracking match and I'm glad Barrett has gotten rid of his stupid cloak.

It's not a cloak, it's a jacket! A brilliant jacket. And it'll be back when he's stopped shilling his t-shirt.

Look, don't start this again!

A cloak doesn't have sleeves!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The main event was great, all three guys had a good innings and the handcuff to the ropes spot was brilliant and the crowd erupted when Punk loosened the rope

I found it to be slightly flat at times, although undoubtedly the crowd were hot for Punk. Del Rio looked like an absolute pyscho smashing the shit out of Punk with the chairs though and Ricardo's bump was fucking brutal

• Paid Members
Ziggler v Ryder was okay but I didn't want Ryder to win especially, I wanted Cena to interfere and inadvertently cost him the title. Ziggler sold the finisher brilliantly, though. Orton v Barrett was a cracking match and I'm glad Barrett has gotten rid of his stupid cloak.

It's not a cloak, it's a jacket! A brilliant jacket. And it'll be back when he's stopped shilling his t-shirt.

It's too long for a jacket!

• Paid Members

Is it not just called an "Over-Coat" ?

• Paid Members

http://www.polyvore.com/cloaks_purple_wiza...ing?id=10634262

:angry:

Wel I thought Id get round to leaving some thoughts.

The opener was pretty good, and was pretty much my MOTN, very good between Ziggler and Ryder and the pop that Ryder got and aftermath just added to the whole thing.

Air Boom vs Primo and Epico was also very decent, I cant say I liked the mexcian jumping bean, tags in and out for Primo and Epico as looked a bit ridiculous, as they kept doing it, but the gold on blue trunks reminded me of the Rogeaus, so that cant be a bad thing. Thumbs up

Randy and Wade, was a good, slug fest with those two beating the snot out of each other. I liked that for once Orton's DDT from the rope's spot wasnt horribly contrived as Wade was in the right position to make it work. Im getting bored of the Apex Predator in general he doesnt do anything for me at present and is horribly close to the generic wrestler stage. Barrett with the Spiv over coat, really needs a trilby and a truncheon or a cosh, if you want him to have a weapon, much better than the over done brass knucks and would fit into the look perfectly. I like Wade in general, he just needs 'something' whether it be a slight gimmick change or what to get him to the next level.

Beth Pheonix vs Kelly Kelly was awful, called spots a plenty and some horrendously sloppy wrestling let it down. could do better

Triple H vs Nash, well it was alright, much as with Hogan at BFG, I cant see what the fuss is over. Decent match but not wildly spectacular as some would have it. The props were used well and the match had some intensity, but was flat, long, and started to show up both's ability to go for such a long time. There were plenty of botches, or near botches not including the Pedigree at the end (which I assume was just because Nash was knackered at that point) but yeah was okay enough.

Big Show vs Mark Henry was always going to be two big fellas, beating crap out of each other, its a shame that Mark Henry is injured as Ive really been buying into him demolishing all and sundry. The Aftermath with Show winning and then Henry DDT'ing him on chairs means that this can be picked up later on, as its still not solved anything with honours in the feud roughly even. Show has had a good year as well, and if they turn him as they are threatening to do, could be some extreme beatings in the E next year.

D Bryan cashing in, was the perfect thing to do. I know that he said about waiting for mania, but given the circumstances, it would look really dumb for him not to. He looked made up to have won as well.

Cody Rhodes vs Booker T, was alright, Im assuming Rhodes is now on a legend killer gimmick ala orton, with those older wrestlers of the past being used to elevate him and the IC title, or I cant see a reason behind it. Now he has dropped the mask, it seems to have done wonders for him and was a good match of sorts and the assassin type build up was fun as well.

The main event was great, not sold on Miz since survivor series, especially since they were basically JTTS vs Rock and Cena at SS which means I couldnt give a shit. Del Rio and Punk have been pretty much in the title picture for a while and the chemistry showed. Some nice spots and Ricardo, is certainly a brave one, given the hints, how long before he splits from Del Rio and does a Virgil?

Overall a cracking end to the year. Most of the WWE PPV's Ive seen this year have been a cut above baring SS and Capitol Punishment, Bring on the Rumble

• Paid Members

Ziggler V Ryder. Awesome opener but i did prefer Morrision/Ziggler from S.S for in-ring action. Ryder is super over though so I'm glad he gets a run with the belt. Apart from Ziggler who will he feud with though? Got to say I'm a bit worried because Ryder isn't too great in the ring and a feud with Swagger or some other boring twat could be awful. Also hope Ziggler gets a decent run in the Rumble a bit like Orton 04 but with Ziggler doing push ups over Tyson Kidd and co.

Air Boom V Primo/Epico. Entertaining enough. Helps when your Valet speaks Spanish and looks like the whole of Puerto Rico has been through her.

Beth V Kelly. Awful/Clumsy.

Orton V Barrett. Solid enough match but Barrett missing something to me pretty sure its his look.

HHH V Nash. A good entertaining match for me. Nothing great but some good spots in it. Did get clumsy and looked a bit untidy in stages but loved the klick/DX finish.

Swagger V Sheamus. Skipped this fucker. Swagger is a lost cause and I'm not the biggest fan Sheamus. Didn't think this match was going to change my mind.

Henry V Show. I did really like their S.S match but i ain't going to lie i did skip the start think I'd watch the finish. Next thing i know Show is champ. Luckily i didn't miss the Bryan cash in. Intrigued to see how he gets along.

On a side note if the bit reported earlier about Henry/Vince are true i can't see that being great for Henry. Will Vince take the risk again? Doubt it.

Booker V Rhodes. I like both of these guys and enjoyed the match but the finish did catch me off guard.

Punk V Miz V Del Rio. MOTN for me. Everybody looked good and the pacing was great. Crowd eat Punk up. Wonder who gets him at Rumble?

Archived