WWE TLC 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
Anybody know why Meltzer hates Nash so much?

The usual reason that Meltzer hates anyone, probably - Nash denied him an interview or cut a promo about internet nerds or slagged off dirtsheets in an interview or something like that. That's usually all Meltzer needs.

It was nothing less than a 4 star match.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Name them.

The finish being the main one. Maybe “botches” is a bit of a strong word but I don’t think Nash hit anything convincingly well all match. He didn’t even look like he could get in and out of the ring competently. His ability is very, very limited at this point in time, which is fair enough given his age and injuries.

I just thought it was a dreadful bout, and given way too much time considering the shape of Nash. Fair enough, these two are big names and big characters, but I just don’t think Nash can do it any more. The silence of the crowd seems to indicate that the “working” wasn’t even up to their previous levels.

I’m not being purposely twattish here to rile up fans of the big man; those are just my opinions on the match (which people have every right to disagree with). Again, no offence to Nash fans.

Did you think he wrestled well on the night?

Nice redirection, Richie ;) So, just the one botch, then? I think that's a pretty remarkable effort considering Nash's age and HHH's ring rustiness, wouldn't you? Especially considering the match's length and the fact that it was a ladder match.

Anybody expecting anything from Nash on the night other than a slowly paced and high impact encounter is an idiot. The guy's knees are hanging by threads. It was pretty much his farewell match. I thought he did a remarkable job and took one amazing bump. Did he 'wrestle' well on the night? It wasn't a 'wrestling' match, was it, so it's an irrelevant question.

I thought it far, far exceeded expectations and personally I don't care about ratings and how dead crowds are or are not so that didn't affect me at all. I don't think it was anywhere near match of the year material and it has been overrated in some cases, but I thought it was an excellent encounter and it was refreshing to see a ladder match played out at that pace rather than at breakneck speed.

Nobody could have expected Kevin Nash to have put on a performance of high calibre at that TLC PPV due to his numerous injuries however nobody can deny that the 2003 Bad Blood PPV with HHH vs Nash Hell in a Cell match with Mick Foley as special guest ref was far better than their TLC 2011 encounter.

• Paid Members
Nobody could have expected Kevin Nash to have put on a performance of high calibre at that TLC PPV due to his numerous injuries however nobody can deny that the 2003 Bad Blood PPV with HHH vs Nash Hell in a Cell match with Mick Foley as special guest ref was far better than their TLC 2011 encounter.

I know in my head when each of those 2 matches was, but when you write it down like that, the realisation that it was 8 years between them is a bit of a shock. Time flies eh?

The TLC PPV has been dropped, apparently, in favour of Bragging Rights, which was originally planned for June next year and has now been moved to right after Survivor Series with the June PPV now becoming Fatal 4-Way.

I'd give a link, but I'm on my mobile. A google search for "TLC PPV dropped" will provide various results. If it's true, then that's monolithically stupid scheduling. What next? December II Dismember being brought back?

The TLC PPV has been dropped, apparently, in favour of Bragging Rights, which was originally planned for June next year and has now been moved to right after Survivor Series with the June PPV now becoming Fatal 4-Way.

I'd give a link, but I'm on my mobile. A google search for "TLC PPV dropped" will provide various results. If it's true, then that's monolithically stupid scheduling. What next? December II Dismember being brought back?

might be good in the long run, cause now they aren't forced into TLC matches, and can wheel them out when necessary. Bragging Rights, however is shit as is Fatal 4-Way so i don't know. Braggin Rights, right after Survivor Series doesn't leave me with good feelings towards SS.

maybe worth putting in the minor news items thread too

might be good in the long run, cause now they aren't forced into TLC matches, and can wheel them out when necessary. Bragging Rights, however is shit as is Fatal 4-Way so i don't know. Braggin Rights, right after Survivor Series doesn't leave me with good feelings towards SS.

maybe worth putting in the minor news items thread too

Does the minor news thread still exist? The thread people put news into isn't even for news.

How can the Bragging Rights PPV even work now anyway? All the Smackdown wrestlers are on Raw every week, so it would make even even less sense than it did the first two times they did it. Fatal 4 Way was another shit idea, with a lazy name. I hate to sound so miserable, but WWE really are morons sometimes.

Archived