WWE TLC 2011 Discussion Thread

TildeGuy~!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The PPV seemed great to be a Cena Free night. Although I found myself abit let down with some of the matches.

Bad shit

- Nash/Trips was worse than expected.

- Orton/Barrett felt like a chore to watch and I am a big fan of both

- Main eventer wasn't what I expected. Great work from Ricardo and the handcuffs were a nice spot but I was expecting one of the best TLC matches to date.

- Tag title match was below average, Rosa Mendez is awful at everything.

- Booker/Rhodes I was expecting this to be abit better. Although its good to see the feud will be extended

- Daniel Bryan who lost clean to Rhodes last SmackDown won the title? Good to see somebody like him who has made it through the indies win the title but hes been made to look shit for far too long.

- I felt Big Show deserved to win the title. Wouldn't mind seeing him defeat Bryan at the Rumble. Show heel turn?

On a plus note -

- Booker looked great in the ring crowd were really into the match.

- Zack Ryder winning the title was a nice way to finish the year.

- Del Rio gave a great performance in the main event.

- No Cena

- Table spot from Nash was alright

- They way Ziggler sold the Rough Ryder

- Nash/Trips was worse than expected.

I'm not sure how you could expect a ladder/pole match involving a 52yr old with bad knees and a 42yr old who has only wrestled 3 times this year to be better than what you got...

- Daniel Bryan who lost clean to Rhodes last SmackDown won the title? Good to see somebody like him who has made it through the indies win the title but hes been made to look shit for far too long.

You mean a still bandaged up Daniel Bryan who was still selling the affects of the Cage match with Mark Henry had the nerve to lose to the IC Champion who is in the middle of a big push? The nerve of them!

Did anyone notice the two incredibly loud spot calls from Beth Phoenix during the womens match? She shouldn't be so loud (or maybe it was an unfortunately placed mic) but the fact Kelly Kelly needs told when to lock in a small package is sad.

It wouldn't entirely surprise me if Kelly Kelly spent her whole life wearing an ear-piece so someone could remind her to keep breathing in and out.

People go on and on about how much Kelly Kelly has improved, but I really don't see it, shes awful and only has 3 moves, doing a cartwheel, badly bouncing off the ropes in the her opponent and the 'out of the blue' roll up. She is the one wrestler i genuinely think I could wrestle better than, i honestly think i could get in to the ring and put on a better match up than she does, she is awful.

Sorry, that rant was a little off topic

People go on and on about how much Kelly Kelly has improved, but I really don't see it, shes awful and only has 3 moves, doing a cartwheel, badly bouncing off the ropes in the her opponent and the 'out of the blue' roll up. She is the one wrestler i genuinely think I could wrestle better than, i honestly think i could get in to the ring and put on a better match up than she does, she is awful.

Sorry, that rant was a little off topic

Don't forget the homage to Torrie Wilson with the Stink Face

Definitely a good show. Really pleased for Ryder and Bryan, they both deserve it. Shame about Monster Henry's run being cut short though, wanted him to keep it till Mania. Cena not being anywhere on the show did feel weird aswell, I must admit.

The TLC match was really good as expected with some nice bumps, Orton/Barrett was decent, the US Title match was a cracking little opener and the two matches that were added at the last minute were both decent.

Nash/HHH did exceed my expectations, it was a good match. I knew it wasn't gonna be awful though because even though they're both getting on a bit, they aren't suddenly gonna forget how to put on a decent brawl, which has always been their forte. Still wasn't expecting that great bump off the Ladder from Nash though. The ending was class too.

I'm very interested where the D-Bryan story goes from here. You assume Big Show will be angry, D Bryan will explain that it's what Show himself said he should do on Henry. I think it's more likely Big Show will turn heel than Bryan, especially as WWE love turning Big Show as often as possible.

Archived